Default Over Raided and Shortmanning

In order to keep the Speedrun Record thread clean, I am responding here.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Something in my head is telling me that you are doing this shortmanning stuff by purpose. I would even go this far and assume that you are keeping your guild population small in order to claim "we had no other choice than shortmanning".
    Of course we would have liked to have had a 12th man for any speedrun attempt. However, we need to be able to trust everyone on the team and that's more important to us. 8min ToDs don't happen by accident. I need everyone to know enough to brainstorm and contribute good ideas and elegant solutions. I need to pick the best ideas and come up with a plan, and I really need everyone to execute that plan precisely without mistakes, argument, or hesitation (even if they disagree). If it works, it works. If it doesn't, we go back to brainstorming and repeat. We like challenges and conquering them. It's our idea of fun... I know it's not everybody's idea of fun, so that's probably one of the main reasons Over Raided is small and selective. I am proud to be a part of such a team, and I am grateful to all my guildies who help make the game most fun for me.
    Keybreaker, Exalted Tyrants

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    8min ToDs don't happen by accident.
    I wish you didnt shortman, so I could be in one of these, as opposed to 60 min fails. /sadpanda

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    We like challenges and conquering them. It's our idea of fun...
    A wise man one said, if you want a challenge, invite 5 PuGs and have them stand at the entrance while you solo. If you want a real challenge, ask them to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

hum my edit caused a double post. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Part of our choice to not accept pugs into most of our raids is because we'd like to be flexible with our loot to get it to people who have contributed a lot to the guild, been shafted by several 20th lists, or have gone out of their way to farm out parts to craft an epic item. If XXX the barbarian has run ToD 60+ times and has never gotten a Kyosho's, we like being able to pass XXX that ring over an alt who's done ToD 4 times. Same with epics, we give priority to people who've gone out of their way to farm VoN or Sands seals. Pugs complicate this, so the only people outside the guild we do invite are people we've known for a while and trust. This doesn't mean they get nothing either. Many of our guests walk away with desired ToD rings (Ravager's for instance) and I believe a few have gotten +4 tomes.

We also don't like waiting to fill raids. We know we can do raids with much less than 12 people, so we do. Part of this is because we all have toons that are built, and over time geared, for raiding on top of plenty of experience with all raids. We like getting in and out of raids quickly to give us time for other things. I for one don't miss my days of waiting an hour to fill a raid back when I was pugging as a member of the Order of the Millennium Star.

As one of OR's recruiters, I'd like to waste more of your time with the words that you're reading to shamelessly plug that we're still looking at applicants. If you're interested, check out the post here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326451

My toons are listed at the bottom of the first post, so get a hold of me outside our raiding hours and we can talk!
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.