Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Cannith Crafting Information Site

*Updated to match the Update 14 changes -- Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or missed anything*

Site is set up to provide filterable information related to Cannith crafting as well as a basic crafting planner to let you know the crafting level and ingredients you'll need for a specific item.

The initial data load came from the great work Merrill_Greeneshade did in his spreadsheet ( http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426 ).

http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

As always, feedback, suggestions, complaints and compliments are welcome (as well as updated information on recipes being very welcome).

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 07-03-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Would it be possible to make the Item generator portion of it be able to construct a weapon and give a total essence output needed?

In other words: make a total essences needed tab for people like me who dont know how many potential shards they need.

Ex/
    +4 holy Silver Khopesh of lawfull outsider bane
    Essence for holy:
    Essence for LoB:
    Essence for Potential:
    Last edited by The_Brave2; 07-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Nice work, I've given out too much REP today. But I'll hope to be back to give some.

Been looking for something like this, out of game. Wish Turbine would make it easier for the player base to create such things by supplying db dumps, etc. CCP of EVE Online have allowed great resources sites to be created by supplying raw information to their player base.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brave2 View Post
    Would it be possible to make the Item generator portion of it be able to construct a weapon and give a total essence output needed?

In other words: make a total essences needed tab for people like me who dont know how many potential shards they need.

Ex/
    Essence for holy:
    Essence for LoB:
    Essence for Potential:
    Yep, that's next in my work item list after I get the recipes updated / corrected.

Updated the bound recipes to include the new ingredients

Added an ingredient name filter (allows you to filter on all items that require soul gem or purified eberron dragonshards, etc)

Adjusted layout temporarily.

Time Bandit Merrill_Greeneshade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Brave2 View Post

Ex/
    Essence for holy:
    Essence for LoB:
    Essence for Potential:
    The newer version of our spreadsheet that I posted does this already. You can find the link in my sig. Jj you might want to check that out as well in case you have been working from the original spreadsheet you referenced in the link and didn't see the newer stuff. We haven't touched it since the 10.1/10.2 craziness happened as it would have been too much of a possible waste of time given how they were switching things so fast. That one might have some extra info that could help you out.

Haven't been on much since the update either - wife just gave birth to a new baby boy - but if you are interested in collaborating, Jjflanigan, PM me if you want. Damienvryce from Cannith and I developed a pretty good relationship working together on the spreadsheet so we have been content to keep a good thing going, but the one major component we are missing is a web based version of the calculator/database we've developed.

-Merrill
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

Yep, downloaded your excell the other day, before posting on this thread, the user interface on it i found buggy tho, it would give me #NAME when i tried to select certain things, dont know what was going on there.

And yea, sadly it will be very difficult to keep up a current crafting calc with new changes happening so much, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill_Greeneshade View Post
    The newer version of our spreadsheet that I posted does this already. You can find the link in my sig. Jj you might want to check that out as well in case you have been working from the original spreadsheet you referenced in the link and didn't see the newer stuff. We haven't touched it since the 10.1/10.2 craziness happened as it would have been too much of a possible waste of time given how they were switching things so fast. That one might have some extra info that could help you out.

Haven't been on much since the update either - wife just gave birth to a new baby boy - but if you are interested in collaborating, Jjflanigan, PM me if you want. Damienvryce from Cannith and I developed a pretty good relationship working together on the spreadsheet so we have been content to keep a good thing going, but the one major component we are missing is a web based version of the calculator/database we've developed.

-Merrill
    Congratulations on the baby boy!!!

I'll drop you a PM and we can work together on getting it all webified, I was, in fact, working from the old version of the spreadsheet. I've not invested a lot of time into this web version so it's no issue if I need to toss it and start a-new.

Did a really quick update of the data from Merrill's spreadsheet.

Quick cleanup of the data before I get back into creating training documentation for work tomorrow ><

I've used this site a few times, very good work!

Wish Turbine made it easier for player based resources like this to be created and kept up to date with current in game data. EVE Online is a great example of how it can be done will, for the benefit of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    I've used this site a few times, very good work!

Wish Turbine made it easier for player based resources like this to be created and kept up to date with current in game data. EVE Online is a great example of how it can be done will, for the benefit of the player base.
    Thank you.

I went ahead and hooked in some images I had from before to spruce up the 2nd tab.

Community Member

Default My link doesn't work correctly

I set up a link for this on MyDDO, but when I go to it in game, it only displays the search filters, and not the list of effects. When I go to it out-of-game, ie. Internet Explorer, naturally, it works fine. I deleted the link, and set it up again, but with the same outcome. Could this be an issue with the MyDDO interface, or might I be overlooking something? By the way,this will be an incredible timesaver for crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Invertebrae View Post
    I set up a link for this on MyDDO, but when I go to it in game, it only displays the search filters, and not the list of effects. When I go to it out-of-game, ie. Internet Explorer, naturally, it works fine. I deleted the link, and set it up again, but with the same outcome. Could this be an issue with the MyDDO interface, or might I be overlooking something? By the way,this will be an incredible timesaver for crafting.
    I'll take a look -- I hadn't gone through and set this one up to be MyDDO compatible yet, but I'll get that adjusted ASAP.

*EDIT*

Ok - the issue is that the browser version that MyDDO uses is 1.8.1 of the IE framework. It doesn't support any of the XML functions I use to populate the grid. I'm going to have to change how it works entirely to make it work with MyDDO (this also explains the frustration I was having with my new crafting planner not working, though). I have an idea of what I can do to make it work, so will try to get that underway soon™
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-06-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Community Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I'll take a look -- I hadn't gone through and set this one up to be MyDDO compatible yet, but I'll get that adjusted ASAP.

*EDIT*

Ok - the issue is that the browser version that MyDDO uses is 1.8.1 of the IE framework. It doesn't support any of the XML functions I use to populate the grid. I'm going to have to change how it works entirely to make it work with MyDDO (this also explains the frustration I was having with my new crafting planner not working, though). I have an idea of what I can do to make it work, so will try to get that underway soon™
    Roger that.

Alright, converted my javascript XPath over to .NET XPath and it now all seems to work properly in "real" browsers and the MyDDO browser.

Let me know if you still have any issues, please.

- JJ

Nice design but the filters don't appear to be working consistently for me.

Sometimes I click and it filters, sometimes it ignores my filter choice. Sometimes afer filtering I remove all filters and it still doesn't go back to showing all rescipies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Nice design but the filters don't appear to be working consistently for me.

Sometimes I click and it filters, sometimes it ignores my filter choice. Sometimes afer filtering I remove all filters and it still doesn't go back to showing all rescipies.
    Did you have this issue prior to this morning? If not, I was messing with some settings trying to get it to work with MyDDO that could have caused that type of issue (These should be resolved now, though).

If so, what browser are you using, I've tried to reproduce it in Firefox 5, Chrome, IE 9, Safari and Opera so far and haven't been able to make it happen.

Added a "Reset Search Filters" link.
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-06-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Default Boots

Hey,

I did not see where you can boots under the item type for the crafting tab.

Thanks for the work.
    You say I'm crazy, like that's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Magehound View Post
    Hey,

I did not see where you can boots under the item type for the crafting tab.

Thanks for the work.
    Unless he changed it after you posted, boots are the middle 3rd from the right of item type filters

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast