Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rule number one when farming soul gems.. Don't PARTY if you don't want to have a chance to be ninjaed on your soul gems. This from someone who has the click skills of a slug.
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Its just one more easy button sorry and yes I earned my right to work for it your character can do things mine cant and in pnp noncasters couldnt make magic items anyways.
    You earned no right to a special dispensation in the crafting system.

Default 3 ways of trapping ...

One wont get too far in targetted soul-trapping with an epic soul-eater.
    For the most part it just eats souls - a great instakiller.
    But the gem outcome is rare and random.
    i.e. : 'this is the wrong item for this job.....'

Vacuum GS (for meelee chars) has better droprates,
    still it is a random effect ..
    i.e. : 'I hope I will not have to run the Depths more than 10 times for this ....'

The mage with the spell gets the soul-gem. Every time.
    i.e. : 'I must run this Depths 4 times...'.

All soul-gems are tradeable.
    One only needs one trapper-char when it comes down to it.
    The rest is harmless fun to make noobs ask questions -
    and accidently ninja something strange and useless.
    System is OK and with room for growth.

This thread has highlighted my reason for not crafting.

Thank you for this gentle reminder.

Enjoy your crunching.

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Community Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KreepyKritter View Post
    This thread has highlighted my reason for not crafting.

Thank you for this gentle reminder.

Enjoy your crunching.
    I'm not into it either. I only craft with essences that I find in chests (no deconstructing loot) and only while I'm waiting for a LFM I want to join. I'm currently at ~level 27 for all three schools, and don't anticipate getting very much farther very soon. It's just too limited a reward for so much effort.

my opinion:
    usign soul gems is good and proper. This will generate a trade economy.

what else needs to be done:

allow creation of base items: silver swords, adamantine full plate etc. I would do this in such a way that a more physicaly oriented character is beter for the job - say working at the forge tires you, some sort of con drain effect, speed of production tied into str.

same goes for clothing/jewelry but tie this into dex and wisdom.

Id also be in favour of rangers getting a fletching workbench, and their being a potion making/scroll scribing area for divines and arcanes.

bear in mind rogues get trap/grenade construction class limited.(the power of these items needs addressing tho)

have things like GH, bard buffs etc effect construction/destruction speed.

Its important that all classes SHOULD be able to be crafters, its also perfectly acceptabe to expect co-operation between classes/guilds and friends (or the AH for the antisocial) to produce raid quality items.

Im already co-operating with friends and guildies in this manner, im enchanting and soul trapping - they are collecting essences. Im making them items. This process started for me when eldrich rituals were introduced.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    my opinion:
    usign soul gems is good and proper. This will generate a trade economy.

what else needs to be done:

allow creation of base items: silver swords, adamantine full plate etc. I would do this in such a way that a more physicaly oriented character is beter for the job - say working at the forge tires you, some sort of con drain effect, speed of production tied into str.

same goes for clothing/jewelry but tie this into dex and wisdom.

Id also be in favour of rangers getting a fletching workbench, and their being a potion making/scroll scribing area for divines and arcanes.

bear in mind rogues get trap/grenade construction class limited.(the power of these items needs addressing tho)

have things like GH, bard buffs etc effect construction/destruction speed.

Its important that all classes SHOULD be able to be crafters, its also perfectly acceptabe to expect co-operation between classes/guilds and friends (or the AH for the antisocial) to produce raid quality items.

Im already co-operating with friends and guildies in this manner, im enchanting and soul trapping - they are collecting essences. Im making them items. This process started for me when eldrich rituals were introduced.
    Yeah, see, this approach would be aces with me too. If every class had a unique and vital role in crafting, I'm on board. Keep in mind that crafting banes is vital; it's possibly the primary use of the entire crafting system.

So how about, only paladins can produce an ingredient for holy, only clerics and favored souls can produce an ingredient for holy burst, only fighters and barbs can produce an ingredient for +4/+5 enhancement bonuses, only arcanes can produce soul gems, only monks can create silver blanks, only bards can create cold iron blanks, etc...

All these unique ingredients could also be acquired through GS clickies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12