Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Thanks for borking deconstruction

The grind to craft at the deconstruction window now is about one item at a time.

Then you get to close the window and do it again. Sometimes you might score two or three items before it refuses to accept.

Awesome.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Yeah, I've had problems with several different crafting devices, too - having to close and reopen often to get it to work.

Yeah, that bug was reported on Lammaland.

Yet another reason why this patch should have been delayed and reworked.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Hmmm. I've not experienced this problem on the Orion server. It does go kaflooie every once in a while, but not to the degree you describe.

Is this pre or post this mornings update?
    Last edited by Silverwren; 07-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

Probably WAI as they slowly to continually bork the whole system to have Cannith-Crafting-beta-that-we-take-all-your-RL money-plat-and-tomes system.

Seriously, I think its part of discouraging players to use the crafting devices in the meantime when most of the higher level recipes are in flux.

(Livid about having Tomes-for-shards make the update)

SAme problem, i'm able to deconstruct 1-3 items then i have to close and reopen (Thelanis).

Happened to me 24/7 before the patch, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    Happened to me 24/7 before the patch, so meh.
    It never happened to me before the patch, now it does - constantly. I'm on Argonnessen.

Maybe something similar to when you and others all turn in a lot of coins to the jester too fast and he mentions you're a helluva coin collector and he needs a mo to get himself restocked.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

QA is aware of the issue.-Major Malphunktion

Quote Originally Posted by JbugDDO1 View Post
    Well thankyou sincerely for the acknowledgement, as long as we know it's somewhere in the pipeline we're much happier.

/no sarcasm here.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

What I'd like to know is how in the internet this made it live? Nearly a week ago Tolero said she'd seen the bug reports on this...

I'm sure it will be fixed next week... and I understand you have 'schedules,' but I also understand you have costs... like the cost of irritating your player base, the cost of having your techs come in early a second time to apply a patch to something that shouldn't have gone live, etc...

So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base? (Given the cost, and likelihood that it could have been fixed in less than 2 days.) Sure, you also included other bug fixes, but honestly the bug you introduced affects a larger number of players... you can make the unhappy people less unhappy, but at the cost of making a larger number of happy people unhappy...

I'm usually not the kind to post things saying 'Turbine can't do right...' etc, (check my posts, they are few) but I'm greatly disappointed that this made it live, for the last hour I've been thinking only one thing: "If this is the quality of the development that I can expect in the future for DDO, why shouldn't I cancel my subscription and stop playing?"

Go ahead, offer us an excuse ... but if it's not a good one, an apology might get you more mileage.

EDIT: Not directed at the JBugDDO1 -- thank you for communicating!
    Last edited by esheep; 07-13-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: not blaming JBugDDO1...

Default Workaround

As this seems to happen sometimes and not others, is there a reason that this occurs that we can work around?

I am experiencing this issue, too. I will note that I do NOT have this issue when I deconstruct a stack of 100 Greater Beatitude 1 shards. It seems to have more of a problem with deconstructing loot than with deconstructing zillions of stacks of shards.

Community Member

Default Thank you

Looks like buggss was wrong on this one. This is a major malphunktion.

A major PITA for those of us that deconstruct items.

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    What I'd like to know is how in the internet this made it live? Nearly a week ago Tolero said she'd seen the bug reports on this...

I'm sure it will be fixed next week... and I understand you have 'schedules,' but I also understand you have costs... like the cost of irritating your player base, the cost of having your techs come in early a second time to apply a patch to something that shouldn't have gone live, etc...

So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base? (Given the cost, and likelihood that it could have been fixed in less than 2 days.) Sure, you also included other bug fixes, but honestly the bug you introduced affects a larger number of players... you can make the unhappy people less unhappy, but at the cost of making a larger number of happy people unhappy...

I'm usually not the kind to post things saying 'Turbine can't do right...' etc, (check my posts, they are few) but I'm greatly disappointed that this made it live, for the last hour I've been thinking only one thing: "If this is the quality of the development that I can expect in the future for DDO, why shouldn't I cancel my subscription and stop playing?"

Go ahead, offer us an excuse ... but if it's not a good one, an apology might get you more mileage.

EDIT: Not directed at the JBugDDO1 -- thank you for communicating!
    Because it is in Beta - even on the live servers - it says it as soon as you walk in the doors.....don't hang your hat on any of the current implementation -don't build your toon around it....and I would even hazard that you should be ready for the outside possibility that they will reset everyone's crafting level once they have it sorted.

AKA - you are beta testing a system - thus it will change AND there will be bugs - live it, learn it, know it.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    So, my question is: how do you justify introducing something like this to the live servers where it affects a large portion of your player base?
    My guess is that their justification greets you every time you enter the Crafting Hall.

Crafting is currently in BETA.
    Support is unavailable.
    Please submit a bug report via the Help menu for any broken recipes or other issues you find.

If testing beta software interrupts your game flow too much you might be better off waiting to craft until after they release the final version.

Really and you did NOTHING to halt desist restrain stop the release of a Junk product that you give no support on, yet you want us to test it on a live server using things that cost RL MONEY on top of our subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyPoison View Post
    Looks like buggss was wrong on this one. This is a major malphunktion.

A major PITA for those of us that deconstruct items.
    I was wrong? All I said was that they'd acknowledged it and I was grateful rather than the same old silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thlargir View Post
    If testing beta software interrupts your game flow too much you might be better off waiting to craft until after they release the final version.
    Crafting effects the entire game. This is not a single quest pack with no loot that is in beta and would be harmless to the rest of the game. This is a system that has altered prices, challenges, and gameplay even for those who choose not to partake in it.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast