Post An eternity of torment passed, and then it was gone

I knew the Cannith Crafting would help little with my toons but i couldn't help trying it cuz it looked fun, then came the tragedy that i got addicted to this endless self torture as i predicted, and worse still, i don't have a pot to **** in now..
    Last edited by maqiaoer; 07-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Edol Runner(Lv20 Brd), Haggleftw Profiteer(Lv20 Bbn), Revaillukh The Gold(Lv20 FvS), Quantam Entropy

Congrats.

The bad news is a dev said something about 300 crafting levels..

The torment indeed..

I thought i was insane for grinding 1 school to 65.. ****.

obligatory question:
    How many trillions of hours/platinum?

Quote Originally Posted by maqiaoer View Post

I knew the Cannith Crafting would help little with my toons but i couldn't help trying it cuz it looked fun, then came the tragedy that i got addicted to this endless self torture as i predicted, and worse still, i don't have a pot to **** in now..
    Serious questions:

How many items deconstructed?

How many shards crafted?

How many crafting XPs?

How many days/weeks did this take you? Basically how many hours per week spent on crafting, buying stuff for crafting, moving inventory around for crafting, and anything you were doing to craft instead of adventuring?

i'd love to give you a few formulas for reference:
    1. when you use the essence -> shard -> essence method, you will get 80-90% essence back after each round of shard deconstructing, which means if you start with 100 LE, u will get 100/(1-0.85)=700 LE=175xp eventually. So let's just say 1 LE=1.5xp.
    2. For shard crafting it will take 5 seconds for 1 Shard, and another 5 seconds for 1 xp by shard deconstructing. Considering you have also to transmute GE to LE, purchase materials, run around, so let's say 1xp/12secs, which means 300xp/hour.
    3. You need 47638 to hit lv 100 for a school, so it would be 48000/300=160 hours. However, you can always find some cost-effective crafting recipes at almost every 1-3 levels, and each 100xp recipe will save you 1/3 hour, so it could be down to 100 hours for capping a school if u spend a little more plat.

i don't have the exact number but im sure it's around 8m-9m. i couldd have just spent 10% of the money if i went the recycling method all the way, but it would take f/king too long to gain essences by only running quests, so i spent a lot at the vendors and AH. It took me about 10ish hours per day and 20ish days w/o doing anything else in game.
    Last edited by maqiaoer; 07-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Edol Runner(Lv20 Brd), Haggleftw Profiteer(Lv20 Bbn), Revaillukh The Gold(Lv20 FvS), Quantam Entropy

Community Member

It took me about 1 month w/o doing anything else in game.
    true story... edol was ALWAYS in the crafting hall and NEVER on another char...

i'd love to give you a few formulas for reference:
    1. when you use the essence -> shard -> essence method, you will get 80-90% essence back after each round of shard deconstructing, which means if you start with 100 LE, u will get 100/(1-0.85)=700 LE=175xp eventually. So let's just say 1 LE=1.5xp.
    2. For shard crafting it will take 5 seconds for 1 Shard, and another 5 seconds for 1 xp by shard deconstructing. Considering you have also to transmute GE to LE, purchase materials, run around, so let's say 1xp/12secs, which means 300xp/hour.
    3. You need 47638 to hit lv 100 for a school, so it would be 48000/300=160 hours. However, you can always find some cost-effective crafting recipes at almost every 1-3 levels, and each 100xp recipe will save you 1/3 hour, so it could be down to 100 hours for capping a school if u spend a little more plat.

i didn't notice how much plat i've put into this, but im sure it's around 8m-10m cuz i couldn't put up with just deconstructing the shard all the time, so i spent a lot at the vendor and AH. It took me about 1 month w/o doing anything else in game.
    ughh lol 2 and 3 make me want to give up on crafting X(

So uh...what are you gonna do now that you've won crafting?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    So uh...what are you gonna do now that you've won crafting?
    gathering more plats and essences for level 300? lol

Quote Originally Posted by adamr09 View Post
    ughh lol 2 and 3 make me want to give up on crafting X(
    ya true, and i would have given up too if i had to do that by myself :P

grats vali, Glad to see u still play
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business