Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Oh, this is good to know. I hadn't realized that crafted handwraps were bugged, but I haven't crafted any for my toons, yet, laregly because I already have a fairly decent collection of randomly generated wraps. I'm fairly worried that so many months have passed since these bugs have been reported, as this likely means that this problem is more complicated than it appears. I hope they eventually manage to figure out what the sources of the problems are, sooner, rather than later.

Community Member

It looks like Monk handwraps will be fixed in U11.1. Really can't wait to test my +5 Holy Silver-Threaded Handwraps of GLOB.

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Default 11.x fix

Quote Originally Posted by Doop View Post
    It looks like Monk handwraps will be fixed in U11.1. Really can't wait to test my +5 Holy Silver-Threaded Handwraps of GLOB.
    GL, I tested the "fixes." They don't work as intended.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Quote Originally Posted by Doop View Post
    i hope they will

Community Member DRAGONSUPERDRAGON's Avatar

Question

So what's the status on crafted wraps atm, did the update fix anything? I was getting ready to craft some holy silver greater lawful outsider bane for my noobmonk but I might as well wait if they're not working properly...don't feel like wasting the wraps. I don't have any tod rings yet so I don't mind crafting holy for the dr bypass even if it doesn't stack with holy burst right now, but if it's never going to stack I'll have to look into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONSUPERDRAGON View Post
    So what's the status on crafted wraps atm, did the update fix anything? I was getting ready to craft some holy silver greater lawful outsider bane for my noobmonk but I might as well wait if they're not working properly...don't feel like wasting the wraps. I don't have any tod rings yet so I don't mind crafting holy for the dr bypass even if it doesn't stack with holy burst right now, but if it's never going to stack I'll have to look into something else.
    Tbh, we need a new thread.

I know its a pain in the back side doing all the testing, but I have been using crafted handwraps sucessfully in a variety of situations.

Off the top of my head:

1. Enhancement bonuses ARE working for me, and work correctly with a variety of Morale/Competence/Exceptional bonuses To Hit.
    2. EDIT: This point is still bugged
    3. Metalline works on handwraps now, bypassing metallic DR.
    4. Stunning Shards can now be applied to Handwraps.

Thats just the major stuff I've tested and can be verified through watching on screen damage, through the on-screen dice rolls and in the combat log.

Edit: I have sets of +5 Metalline HW of Pure Good. My Dark Monks are very happy now
    Last edited by Arlathen; 11-07-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Tbh, we need a new thread.

2. Crafted Holy IS working, both as stacking damage with a Holy Burst ToD ring and for breaking Good DR
    No it is not

Dmg with crafted wraps without tod ring and hb on

Dmg with crafted wraps with tod ring and hb on

Dmg with non crafted Holy of GLOB

Looks to me based on the 2nd screenshot HB is applying (you can see the crit dmg from the ring) but the other 2d6 holy from the handwraps is nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by BDS; 11-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Game development is like sex. If you make a mistake you'll have to support it for the rest of your life...
    Tearrr Warmachene Autocrit Favordarchon Muramusa Restorative Zergjing Zjerging

Quote Originally Posted by BDS View Post
    No it is not
    Yeah, I suck, my bad. Double checked myself tonight and its not.

FUUUUUUUUU

These bugs are really irritating me now

Think I'll spend sometime testing out different posted bugs, then Bug Report them all AGAIN hoping volume = fixes.
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Community Member

Yeah I am INCREDIBLY irritated also. While working on my completionist and a couple of other chars, my only lvl 20, for months, has been a handwrap build, a very good build that I have no interest in overhauling.

There is another MAJOR thing that isnt working, besides holy stacking with Tod rings, and that is bane enhancement damage. You get the bane +4 to hit, but you dont get the +4 damage like you should.

That adds up to ELEVEN less damage!!!!!!!!!!!

Please devs, break all other characters for an equivalent amount of damage, for more than six months, so we can all share in this experience together.

Reduce barb damage by 22 please, reduce DC's of mages and divines by around 5, and reduce twf damage of all classes by 11 or so. Reduce healing by around 15-20%.

Just crafted +3 handwraps holy/shatter +6. Too bad the ML can't go higher than 15 or I'd make them +4. I'm not crafting savvy enuf to know how to raise the ML or if it can be raised - I potentialed them to +8.

They bypass good DR (I'm a light monk) and the shatter +6 proc's quite often; keeps me from using my +3 handwraps of shatter +10 that won't bypass DR until I get my ToD ring finished. I sometimes start out +3 improved cursespewing/shatter +4 wraps on bosses until the curse procs then switch to the another wrap. Now I'll be able to switch to my crafted wraps.

This is my first attempt at crafting while I'm trying to get up enuf levels to craft vampirism.
    Stay Hasted My Friend.

Wow. I step away for three months and this thread is still on the front page of the crafting forum. Sad panda Turbine. I noticed someone mentioned the need for a new thread and that's true. I probably won't be around here to change anything in the future. I'll scroll through the pages and check up on the status of the latest handwrap stuff to do one final update of this thread's first post. Make a new one!

EDIT: Yikes, I even have private messages asking to update this. Sad that things don't seem to have improved in this area. Someone should definitely make a new thread on the subject so people can stay up to date with it's status.
    Last edited by DrunkDwarves; 11-11-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDwarves View Post
    Wow. I step away for three months and this thread is still on the front page of the crafting forum. Sad panda Turbine. I noticed someone mentioned the need for a new thread and that's true. I probably won't be around here to change anything in the future. I'll scroll through the pages and check up on the status of the latest handwrap stuff to do one final update of this thread's first post. Make a new one!

EDIT: Yikes, I even have private messages asking to update this. Sad that things don't seem to have improved in this area. Someone should definitely make a new thread on the subject so people can stay up to date with it's status.
    I think I'd like to do this, and take up the cause. It'll give me something to do in the short term as I suddenly have a lot less in-game commitments at the moment. Secondly, I'll be shortly LR'ing yet another Character over to utilise Unarmed style melee, so will have a total of 4 different handwrap users to test with.

I think I'd like to do this, and take up the cause. It'll give me something to do in the short term as I suddenly have a lot less in-game commitments at the moment. Secondly, I'll be shortly LR'ing yet another Character over to utilise Unarmed style melee, so will have a total of 4 different handwrap users to test with.
    +1
    Please do so! As much as I want a resource on this issue (and a solution of course!) I don't have the knowledge to do it myself and it doesn't seem like something Turbine care about as known issues.

Ok, I've taken a copy of the initial issue log from the OP and will set about looking through it tonight, sorting out what is definitely fixed and what is still broken from the initial list. Once I've done that, I'll put a new post for Post-U12 'State of Handwrap crafting'.

I'm aware a fair few things have been fixed (I've been successfully using a good range of crafted wraps over the past couple of weeks), but if anyone else has noticed any strange combinations or issues with crafted wraps, drop a post here until i put up a new thread.

Ta,

- Arlathen
    Last edited by Arlathen; 11-22-2011 at 07:36 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Once I've done that, I'll put a new post for Post-U21 'State of Handwrap crafting'.
    Post-U21? Any chance you'll tell me this week's lottery numbers, please?

Anyway, good work here on collecting and checking stuff. /salute
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Post-U21? Any chance you'll tell me this week's lottery numbers, please?

Anyway, good work here on collecting and checking stuff. /salute
    I see the colour blue, and a green tree, that point to the number three...

(Yeah, fixed that thanks )

Community Member

I'm aware a fair few things have been fixed (I've been successfully using a good range of crafted wraps over the past couple of weeks), but if anyone else has noticed any strange combinations or issues with crafted wraps, drop a post here until i put up a new thread.
    When Elemental Weapons is cast on ghost touch handwraps, the ghost touch effect stops working. (tested on lootgen handwraps, not sure about crafted handwraps)

Quote Originally Posted by Snarglefrump View Post
    When Elemental Weapons is cast on ghost touch handwraps, the ghost touch effect stops working. (tested on lootgen handwraps, not sure about crafted handwraps)
    Noted. I'll see if I can get some basic Artificer buffs testing done in conjunction with crafted handwraps.

Does this bug happen with non-handwrap crafted weapons ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345