Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If no one noticed until the end, then the guy probably didn't say anything so it's his own fault. The least you can do when something like that happens is say "Hey guys...I see you are all gone from here and I'm stuck behind can you help?". Especially considering north part isn't exactly at the end of the raid he had probably been sitting there for quite a while saying nothing.

And stuck behind north doors? Seriously? Pull the lever? ...
    He was probably piking...

Sends tells to all the likeminded people who just wanted to finish, and finish it. 45 minutes is an extreme time even for TR's who TR because they hit 20. And another 30 minutes on top of that to get someone left behind. Why? The view is not much better at the boss/end fight. Like you said there is no chest. I'd still stick to my original sentence.

Community Member The_Great_Samulas's Avatar

This is why I never do Von5 for xp.

You should have been getting 1000-2500 xp/minute during last weekend in that level range. This was way below that (not even counting group formation into the equation, not that you should but see below).

The main problem with von5 runs is everyone that knows their stuff knows not to do these. Thus, they are often led by people with less knowledge and are thus problematic for completion. I could never see myself actually leading a Von5 at level and getting enough together to complete. The only time I'll join one is if I have seen it up on the board for awhile, and thus have an expectation that it is already half-way done. Of course, last time I did this they hadn't even stepped in the quest (eight guys in the group - not even in the quest!). That's what I'm saying. They are often filled with sub-par players and are slow.

Take it as a learning experience, don't do these.
    Doing a good job here is like peeing in a dark suit.

You get a warm feeling, but nobody really notices.

The job of the leader is to lead. The job of the the star holder is to recruit or dismiss. There is a difference. If the leader shows respect, then he or she should be obeyed when and if reasonable.

A good leader would never have left people behind in the first place. That said, I don't think you were either right or wrong but in that squiggly grey area. On the other hand I don't know what manner of language was used in the argument. If you were both using respectful choice of words, then I see nothing wrong.

Aaand it could have been worse. The raid could have failed.

(Sarlona) Kuniken | Arisuno | Bojutsu | Olette
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Dracey View Post
    The job of the leader is to lead. The job of the the star holder is to recruit or dismiss. There is a difference. If the leader shows respect, then he or she should be obeyed when and if reasonable.

A good leader would never have left people behind in the first place. That said, I don't think you were either right or wrong but in that squiggly grey area. On the other hand I don't know what manner of language was used in the argument. If you were both using respectful choice of words, then I see nothing wrong.

Aaand it could have been worse. The raid could have failed.
    Time for cry-baby, if mudfud was there he can tells it too : i've been as much respectful as possible, asking why with may i know, or i understand your point of view though and so on and yes he insulted me in return. Started to yell when i finally got down to do the str lvl and i admit i yelled over him " RIGHT OR LEFT WAY ?", that's all i regret,i shouldnt have yelled but it was the very very very first time it happened to me on ddo, to get upset by someone, that's why i noticed it. Well i dont want this thread to become who was this guy who was this guy and hunting him. He was certainly thinking doing it right, he was just too strong-minded... ya we can see that this way ^^ or not
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)
    Iccir's Badger Minsc and Boo approve this build

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Samulas View Post

You should have been getting 1000-2500 xp/minute during last weekend in that level range. This was way below that (not even counting group formation into the equation, not that you should but see below).

The main problem with von5 runs is everyone that knows their stuff knows not to do these. Thus, they are often led by people with less knowledge and are thus problematic for completion. I could never see myself actually leading a Von5 at level and getting enough together to complete. The only time I'll join one is if I have seen it up on the board for awhile, and thus have an expectation that it is already half-way done. Of course, last time I did this they hadn't even stepped in the quest (eight guys in the group - not even in the quest!). That's what I'm saying. They are often filled with sub-par players and are slow.

Most von5 runs are crappy groups, true. But sometimes you get lucky and it's a bunch of TRs that know their stuff and that can short-man it. I join these, but they don't happen often. Think last time I ran it was with a bunch of Soulless guys that had TRed and were around that range. Never took more than 20min so it wasn't bad exp.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

- Socrates in "Conversations of Socrates", Xenophon.

Alone in the world is a little CatDog !
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)
    Iccir's Badger Minsc and Boo approve this build

Quote Originally Posted by Chalhubard View Post
    C'mon, you have a Degree on Philosophy, develop that inner thought on the forums old mellancolic bard!
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Most von5 runs are crappy groups, true. But sometimes you get lucky and it's a bunch of TRs that know their stuff and that can short-man it. I join these, but they don't happen often. Think last time I ran it was with a bunch of Soulless guys that had TRed and were around that range. Never took more than 20min so it wasn't bad exp.
    Run with us more often, dammit. I promise we'll cause drama for entertainment purposes.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Run with us more often, dammit. I promise we'll cause drama for entertainment purposes.
    How am I supposed to know when you run stuff ? :P

How am I supposed to know when you run stuff ? :P
    Look for the trolling LFMs started by Klemm and Iplaye.

Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    Endgame

Look for the trolling LFMs started by Klemm and Iplaye.

Gonna have to troll more I never really see those.

Gonna have to troll more I never really see those.
    Yeah, people started getting antsy and reporting them. Some guilds just can't take a joke.
    Endgame

Yeah, people started getting antsy and reporting them. Some guilds just can't take a joke.
    You should give them this phone number.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
    I wouldn't have done it, but . . . the temptation to covertly activate the end fight while the 11 were in the last room would have been very, very tempting.
    Eh, considering the fact it was just an XP run and no VON6 I wouldn't even of been covert about it. XP pots aren't cheap and I'm man enough to admit I couldn't care less what people think of me. Wast my time all you want, don't waste my money.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Samulas View Post

Actually it's near the top of xp/min. It just drops off dramatically when you have useless people in the party is all. Bring in a solid core of guildies and you get it done fast.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12