Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Best thing about playing with Chinese.. really, no joking!

Recently I've discovered that I'm meant to play almost always on PuGs led by Chinese people.

Why? Reason is pretty simple: I don't understand a thing of what they're saying!

That's MAGICAL! Really, think about it: They put'll insane combinations of western letters to decide between them what to do and, by extention, of what I have to do!

They'll even simplify to me what I have to do in their PuGs in 1 phrase!

Simple, ain't it? But the best part I haven't even said!

If we wipe, they'll say another huge ammount of letters and I'll ask "Hey guys, did I do something wrong? Was it my fault?" and they'll reply with "Sorry, it wasn't your fault!" even if it is really my fault! Even if they are in fact plotting revenge against me because I decided to run straight to the BFG in HoX!

(Kidding, I didn't do that Chinese people)
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Quote Originally Posted by HallowedOne View Post
    Recently I've discovered that I'm meant to play almost always on PuGs led by Chinese people.

Why? Reason is pretty simple: I don't understand a thing of what they're saying!

That's MAGICAL! Really, think about it: They put'll insane combinations of western letters to decide between them what to do and, by extention, of what I have to do!

They'll even simplify to me what I have to do in their PuGs in 1 phrase!

Simple, ain't it? But the best part I haven't even said!

If we wipe, they'll say another huge ammount of letters and I'll ask "Hey guys, did I do something wrong? Was it my fault?" and they'll reply with "Sorry, it wasn't your fault!" even if it is really my fault! Even if they are in fact plotting revenge against me because I decided to run straight to the BFD in HoX!

(Kidding, I didn't do that Chinese people)
    Small correction. It's so hard to make them now,
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Cool story, bro.

I have noticed that Asian players I encounter are not only very competent players, but very polite and humble.

They are usually quiet, which I appreciate, and are team players.

I know that these are generalizations, but it is what I have experienced.

I just hope that this isn't taken as racial stereotyping.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Community Member LoveNeverFails's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGuru View Post
    I have noticed that Asian players I encounter are not only very competent players, but very polite and humble.

They are usually quiet, which I appreciate, and are team players.

I know that these are generalizations, but it is what I have experienced.

I just hope that this isn't taken as racial stereotyping.
    This. I can't say I've ever had a bad run with any of them.

Not only that, but my favorite bard ever was a Chinese Player (i assume from the guild they were in).

The quiet is key here. The fact that they are good is a bonus. Last night I ran a quest with someone who WOULD NOT SHUT UP!!! about the last quest he had almost solo'd. I even begrudgingly admitted (in guild chat of course, never to him) that he was an excellent player. I wanted to like him. But he was sooooo **** irritating, and just egotistical. Grr.

For me, the best thing is healing a WF chinese with eSOS, red docent AND event stuff while he puts PA off on the bases of ev6... Healing amp is your friend, not your enemy... if you can get eSOS and red armor, u can find some healing amp.

I kinda copy/paste my haggis but think it so deeply too
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)
    Iccir's Badger Minsc and Boo approve this build

Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    For me, the best thing is healing a WF chinese with eSOS, red docent AND event stuff while he puts PA off on the bases of ev6... Healing amp is your friend, not your enemy... if you can get eSOS and red armor, u can find some healing amp.

This kind of thing makes me wonder: how they have all these stuff with 0% heal amp?!
    Dak'kon.

Some WF barbs in Chinese guilds have their personal "Oil feeder" , So they don't care about healing AMP.
    But if they join a pug raid, that may be a problem.
    Sarlona Danaima/Dreamfs/Dreamss/Dreamym/Hugedream
    Epic Scroll Trade List : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=322554

Quote Originally Posted by ruirui001 View Post
    Some WF barbs in Chinese guilds have their personal "Oil feeder" , So they don't care about healing AMP.
    But if they join a pug raid, that may be a problem.
    Aye i agree, and i know this only matters on pug raids ^^
    What i mean mainly was, since many (chinese?) WF barbs are running around with eSOS and red docent, i assume that when u can get this kind of gear, a DT healing amp docent, putting 20% on a tod ring, or having gloves of the claw (yeah eSOS is still harder to get than these). I would even say, 2 AP points on the enhancements line, for a free +10%. Of course this would be only for pug situations. ( i assume some are CON based even, since i often see "PA on"
    in party chat when djinnis are dead on bases eV6... made me laugh a lot the first time with the still +10 bonus of a eSOS ).
    I dont say that for you at all Dreaams i know your toons, and i dont critic anyone, everyone is free to play the toons he likes, even a intelligence based barb or a swimcleric ! And this is not at all to create a drama or whatever, it's pure observation. Since people can get a oiler feeder i'm totally ok with that ^^

All this was my point of view related to the title itself of the topic, nothing else =)

To put it in a nutshell : Healing amp hotswap = <3
    Tarnesh(GateauFRANCIS, Life 10/10+) / Thazok(GateauTUNES, Life 5/4) / Thaerom(GateauHJEALS, Life 3/3)

Aye i agree, and i know this only matters on pug raids ^^
    What i mean mainly was, since many (chinese?) WF barbs are running around with eSOS and red docent, i assume that when u can get this kind of gear, a DT healing amp docent, putting 20% on a tod ring, or having gloves of the claw (yeah eSOS is still harder to get than these). I would even say, 2 AP points on the enhancements line, for a free +10%. Of course this would be only for pug situations. ( i assume some are CON based even, since i often see "PA on"
    in party chat when djinnis are dead on bases eV6... made me laugh a lot the first time with the still +10 bonus of a eSOS ).
    I dont say that for you at all Dreaams i know your toons, and i dont critic anyone, everyone is free to play the toons he likes, even a intelligence based barb or a swimcleric ! And this is not at all to create a drama or whatever, it's pure observation. Since people can get a oiler feeder i'm totally ok with that ^^

All this was my point of view related to the title itself of the topic, nothing else =)

To put it in a nutshell : Healing amp hotswap = <3
    Lol I don't critic anyone 2....I have healer 2 and I know their feelings!
    Clerics need more love anyway
    b4 I got my epic gloves of claw I have only 65% healing amp on my barb, and I know that is some kind of pressure for many healers to heal me... ( even my friend complains 2 )
    now I have 95% amp, if got 1 more tod ring it would be 115%
    Sarlona Danaima/Dreamfs/Dreamss/Dreamym/Hugedream
    Epic Scroll Trade List : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=322554

b4 I got my epic gloves of claw I have only 65% healing amp on my barb, and I know that is some kind of pressure for many healers to heal me... ( even my friend complains 2 )
    For all the healers sakes, Ill make sure my bard out-rolls your barb for alls the tod rings
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member theironlotus93's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that's not how healing amp stacks, rather, it multiplies your base by 1.3 instead of adding 30% to the base, which means with the 30% amp and 20% amp you'd have .65x1.3x1.2=1.014 - still decent for a Warforged though, I suppose.
    Sarlona - Unrepentant represent! My main characters are:
    ~~Beesknees - Lvl 20 Dark Monk~~Ironlotus - Lvl 19 Kensei Fighter~~Draedalin - Lvl 1 Recently TR'd Earth Savant~~Iwhipmyhair - Lvl 12/2 Wiz/Monk

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I recently did a raid with The Chinese TEam I think it was, and it was massive fun trying to figure out what they wanted me to be doing since we coudln't really communicate. It was a nifty new challenge to something I'd done a lot already and I liked it. I'm just not up late/early enough to run with them often.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I play with Chinese players a majority of the time due to my time zone being also theirs.
    I think the best thing about running with them is, your raid or quest is going to be completed in 10 minutes flat, no matter what. At first it seems like chaos, but then you realize it is a group of of 12 people soloing the quest, in an organized manner. In a dungeon, it is 6 people soloing a quest together. It's great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Munesai View Post
    I play with Chinese players a majority of the time due to my time zone being also theirs.
    I think the best thing about running with them is, your raid or quest is going to be completed in 10 minutes flat, no matter what. At first it seems like chaos, but then you realize it is a group of of 12 people soloing the quest, in an organized manner. In a dungeon, it is 6 people soloing a quest together. It's great fun!
    lolz i cant stop laughing,"a group of 12 people soloing the quest, in an organized manner",thats it,you just told the truth.

Epic VoN 6 Base Prepping:

Djinn falls below 25% and then...

Chinese Team: "Stop Stop Stop Go Go Go Go" (Djinn hits 10% by the time people stop and move onto the next base)

English Team: "What The **** Is Wrong With You Guys!?"

True Story.

(Sarlona) Kuniken | Arisuno | Bojutsu | Olette
    Steam

You know, I ould sum up all the Chine player in 1 phrase :

"All thinking as One"

And Gateau, I've always wondered how they manage to get those items under those circunstances...
    Dak'kon.

Well... guess a LOOOOOOT of runs of eVON6 Mainly (only ?) doing that maybe. But i dont want to generalize, many people only know how to run one raid and that's it you can't blame anyone for that.
    Last edited by Arshan; 06-28-2011 at 11:20 AM.

I like the runs because they are usually very smooth.

I like the experience because it is humbling to remember how it feels to be the only non-native speaker in group. When *everyone* else is speaking fluently and you have no clue - that's how they feel all the time when joining PUGS.

Personally as long as you know your role - it works fine. I wouldn't recommend the exercise on a learning run though