Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PVP update Idea

Community Member

I would also like to say I wrote this after long and careful consideration. SOme of you also replied with consideration... thank you. Some of you bashed me because... you didn't like the idea? Okay. I get that. Tell me why, not insinuate I am an idiot. I never insulted you, although you did to me, and this was an idea I thought would be fun. If this quest was up and running, you wouldn't try it once to see if you had fun? It could be fun. I don't know, as I *am not a develper, nor do I entertain ideas someone from Turbine will see it and make it reality* I was just having fun, and I thought this idea was interesting. I tell people to play all the time because of its great community... thanks for proving to me that there are people as immature as the players on WoW.

If you have something constructive to say (like actually telling me what you like and don't like, what I should change, what can't work [like Doom did] and why) please do. I rather not get insulted because I think this game has a beautiful play style and was having fun messing with it in my head.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mikeminimac View Post
    I would also like to say I wrote this after long and careful consideration. SOme of you also replied with consideration... thank you. Some of you bashed me because... you didn't like the idea? Okay. I get that. Tell me why, not insinuate I am an idiot. I never insulted you, although you did to me, and this was an idea I thought would be fun. If this quest was up and running, you wouldn't try it once to see if you had fun? It could be fun. I don't know, as I *am not a develper, nor do I entertain ideas someone from Turbine will see it and make it reality* I was just having fun, and I thought this idea was interesting. I tell people to play all the time because of its great community... thanks for proving to me that there are people as immature as the players on WoW.

If you have something constructive to say (like actually telling me what you like and don't like, what I should change, what can't work [like Doom did] and why) please do. I rather not get insulted because I think this game has a beautiful play style and was having fun messing with it in my head.
    I fail to see where anyone insulted you or bashed you disagreeing with you isnt insulting you or bashing you and if you feel that way I feel sorry for you yes some people said they dont read walls of text thats not insulting they were telling you that they didnt like your posting style and you need to change if you wanted them to read it.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

most of you seemed to talk wayyyyy down to me... thank you Drwhofan and Doom for not. Many of you keep saying how many people don't want PvP in DDO, and I keep saying this is undoubtably true. Most of the people I play with and ask this too want it... because we tend to surround ourselves with people like minded. I don't think DDO will ever have real PvP, this is all fantasy. Have fun with it. Look up posts on Explorers, Epic quests, and crafting, and so many of them have a huge amount of bashers until after the updates were made. Just saying, no need to talk down to me like I am an idiot. If you don't like it, move on. If you think it was a good attempt, or want to point out something specific and not a sweeping statement (even if it is a disagreement) go ahead.

They bash you because you are NOT the first person nor will you be the last person to suggest stuff. I was polite because you posed an interesting idea, but at the end, I side with the non-pvpers. Yes, I have not set foot in Ettenmoors, either.

What it comes down to it, PvP would be a waste of resources in part of designing and building new "quests" for it. Time taking away from PvE. PvP DOES HURT PvE. Bottom line. THis game was established without PvP, while it drove people away, it brought people who do not want PvP. Does it make it a niche game? Yes. THere is an audience that doesn't want PvP, and here it is.

As for the Wants and want nots, your "Lots of people said.." is less provable that the hundreds and hundreds of posts/threads/etc. written against PvP. We have valid proof, you have hearsay. Sorry. Now if you can point to the numbers...

All in all, sorry, this isn't a PvP game. In fact, I can say with great certainty that PvP, active REAL PvP, would destroy the game. I think Turbine knows that too.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Community Member

You may be right, Drwhofan and I thank you for actually replying. I just had an interesting idea. That's all. PvP may destroy the game, or not.
    That being said, and I keep reaffirming this, it is ONLY am idea. And obviously if people keep posting things about it, more people want it than you seem to indicate.
    Yes, I am going to keep playing regardless.
    No, i don't think I'm brilliant.
    I just wanted to spark discussion. The same reason people write fan fic. Or discuss shows online. Because it enhances the experience.

You may be right, Drwhofan and I thank you for actually replying. I just had an interesting idea. That's all. PvP may destroy the game, or not.
    That being said, and I keep reaffirming this, it is ONLY am idea. And obviously if people keep posting things about it, more people want it than you seem to indicate.
    Yes, I am going to keep playing regardless.
    No, i don't think I'm brilliant.
    I just wanted to spark discussion. The same reason people write fan fic. Or discuss shows online. Because it enhances the experience.
    Hey, you had to try. That's ok. At least you did listen, even to the grumpy people.

Don't stop posting either. fresh faces on the forums are nice.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Real game reward for PvP are bad to start with. Adding them for opposing teams opens up exploitation potential as both teams take turns throwing the competition. XP and items are pretty shaky. Guild favor maybe but it still opens up the possibility for exploitation. Bragging rights is where the benefits should be if the old leader board worked.

I would quit if I had to participate in PvP to go through some quests for favor or rewards, just to be clear, so not a big fan of that at all, but map mods for capture the flag might not be bad for players willing to pay for them.

It's an overall not signed but I thought I would provide at least something constructive. That and I don't to spend dev time on PvP anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

The way this game is designed simply doesn't lend itself to meaningful PvP. Frankly MMOs in general don't as attaching player skill to advancement in such a direct manner just leads to those who have the skill advancing and those who don't leaving due to never being able to advance. Simply put, it turns those who aren't amongst the very best into mobs for those who are in that ratified company to grind...for as long as it takes those getting ground to figure out that being ground makes the game unsatisfying.

That's cool and all but there's still a big balance issue... To win all u need is a party of casters, melees would get pwned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No its not look at the pvp threads and most people posting in them are against it so its a fact period
    Then why are they bothering posting in the pvp threads in the first place if they dont even pvp? Why even have a section dedicated to it if they do not want to at least hear some ideas? It is so frustrating to see nothing get done because the people that do not even spend time there or see whats wrong and unbalanced in there, come here and complain about interference with pve. When clearly that is not the case because there is already some differnces in coding with what you can do in the pvp and pve arenas. Btw undead necros should be owned by lay of hands from paladins and not just make the turn disappear in an "attack" in that weird hard target bug. Your just undead form not blade, with all the strengths and none of the weaknesses.

Community Member

PLEASE!!!!!! No additional work on PvP!!!!!!

If you are so interested in it, please play another game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12