Community Member

Default Sarlona Confidential - Stories of the Ring

[Reuters] THF bard with jaw-dropping AC of 27 -including epic duelist leathers and chaosgarde, for a whopping +5 dodge bonus to AC- rolls on chattering ring, and loots it.
    This is what Jarvis, the red abishai, had to say about the incident:

- And I will form the head!

(Note from the editor: +3 dodge from epic duelist leathers and chattering ring don't stack.)

Corrigenda: It has been brought to our attention by some insightful readers that Dodge boni from Duelist Leathers and Chattering Ring do stack when they are different, which is the case for a fully upgraded Duelist leathers +4 dodge bonus (though my.ddo always shows the basic +3 dodge tier of the armor, which doesn't stack). Sarlona Confidential regrets the error.
    Last edited by fredericko; 06-15-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Blame the person who let him roll on it.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Default crafting

deleted

Well, maybe he was planning on TR-ing into a Sorcerer. We know how much Sorcerers need them Armor Class.

Seriously though, lets hope he plans on TR-ing into something that actually has AC higher than what some people can obtain at level 1. Btw, I don't know what Tier Duelist's Leathers he had but Tier 3 should stack with chattering. Unless description is bugged, Tier 3 gives +4 dodge bonus while Tier 2 gives +3 dodge bonus.

Edit* Added links to Duelist's Leathers images.
    Last edited by Dracey; 06-14-2011 at 07:47 PM.

(Sarlona) Kuniken | Arisuno | Bojutsu | Olette
    Steam

might want to edit that - it's officially against the rules now to ask for a pm with the name publicly.

Lets say they don't stack, was the duelist leathers slotted? If not it can still be switched to a different alt. Moot point when you put something up for roll, either don't give it or don't allow it for roll.

I'm sorry, I should have asked for justification WHY he wanted the ring before I passed it to him.

Talking

I know it hurts but no use crying over misssed rings. may be he will re roll into a monk, may be he will become a new age pally tank or may be he will put it in his bank and let it rust (like mine to be honest). find solace in the fact that it did not end up with a h-orc barbarian or worse, a war forged.
    long live the halflings

who the hell cares, quit whining and go do it again

anyone can roll on anything if its up for roll for everybody, why do you think you need it more than the other guy...maybe he has plans for the future

even if he doesnt, quit crying on forums how someone has beaten you on roll and man the f up...
    leader of Stijene
    Sarlona - Brko - Kalopsia - Gataka - Gms

Community Member

Smile It's all good Sarisa

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    Blame the person who let him roll on it.
    You do have a point, but still
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    I'm sorry, I should have asked for justification WHY he wanted the ring before I passed it to him.
    You put the ring up for roll in good faith. You can't expect people to screen every single player that rolls for an item via myddo. Once he rolled, you did what you had to: honor the roll. Yes you could have asked for justification, but still it's all good with you.
    (Btw, good job both at green and giving directions at pillars.)
    Thaxl, you might have not paid enough attention to the rolls, which would explain why you didn't notice that I hadn't rolled the second lowest roll (roll was 1d101 low IIRC), meaning that guy rolling didn't, in fact, make any difference for me. But since you people are in the mood for talking about being mature, to man up and all that, this is a great chance for you to show your maturity by owning up your mistakes and extending an apology for your harsh (and misinformed) posts about the whining.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredericko View Post
    You do have a point, but still

You put the ring up for roll in good faith. You can't expect people to screen every single player that rolls for an item via myddo. Once he rolled, you did what you had to: honor the roll. Yes you could have asked for justification, but still it's all good with you.
    (Btw, good job both at green and giving directions at pillars.)
    Thaxl, you might have not paid enough attention to the rolls, which would explain why you didn't notice that I hadn't rolled the second lowest roll (roll was 1d101 low IIRC), meaning that guy rolling didn't, in fact, make any difference for me. But since you people are in the mood for talking about being mature, to man up and all that, this is a great chance for you to show your maturity by owning up your mistakes and extending an apology for your harsh (and misinformed) posts about the whining.
    Yeah you tell them!
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

I had a few immediate "sell it to me!" offers after I pulled the ring. I don't believe in buying and selling raid loot, so I decided on a fair roll. I actually could have used it for stealth purposes on Corlinda (swap-in when I need to make noise while sneaking), but felt it would be much more use on someone who could actually have used the AC.

Next time, I will only make it up for roll for people who can use it on their current life. Less fair, but makes it better for the people who need it for their build.

Also note that MyDDO doesn't show the upgrade level of any of the Cove items. It will always display the tier 1 version of the item, if it shows anything at all beyond the name.

Community Member

I had a few immediate "sell it to me!" offers after I pulled the ring. I don't believe in buying and selling raid loot, so I decided on a fair roll. I actually could have used it for stealth purposes on Corlinda (swap-in when I need to make noise while sneaking), but felt it would be much more use on someone who could actually have used the AC.

Next time, I will only make it up for roll for people who can use it on their current life. Less fair, but makes it better for the people who need it for their build.

Also note that MyDDO doesn't show the upgrade level of any of the Cove items. It will always display the tier 1 version of the item, if it shows anything at all beyond the name.
    A lot of people, including but not limited to me, consider this to be fairer than putting up for roll to all. Especially in pug runs because you never know what nub is just rolling to roll without caring about loot value.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Community Member

I don't believe in buying and selling raid loot, so I decided on a fair roll.
    Neither do I. It's been many occasions that a friend of mine, who had offered 2million plat and/or epic scrolls for stuff like shards or encrusted ring, won the subsequent roll, after which I joked and sent tell saying hey you just won an encrusted ring (or whatever) and 2 million plat. (All of them are active forum members but I don't know if I can/should post names.)

(Note from the editor: +3 dodge from epic brawling leathers and chattering ring don't stack.)
    Me thinks someone ought to have a talk with them editor; epic Duelist Leathers have +4 Dodge which indeed does stack with the +3 Dodge from the ring. Not that it matters as an AC of 30 is as bad/useless as an AC of 27. I just thought to point it out for the benefit of journalistic accuracy.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Me thinks someone ought to have a talk with them editor; epic Duelist Leathers have +4 Dodge which indeed does stack with the +3 Dodge from the ring. Not that it matters as an AC of 30 is as bad/useless as an AC of 27. I just thought to point it out for the benefit of journalistic accuracy.
    Agreed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Thank you for your valuable input. OP updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavek View Post
    who the hell cares, quit whining and go do it again

anyone can roll on anything if its up for roll for everybody, why do you think you need it more than the other guy...maybe he has plans for the future

even if he doesnt, quit crying on forums how someone has beaten you on roll and man the f up...

+1 sir