Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegic View Post
    when i make a shroud group i usually dont move the level range. why? because im to lazy!!! not because i think shourd is hard and meand and without cap players and extra twinked characters ... i do it because im waaay to lazy and.. heck it even happens to me on epic quests, i dont change the level range. again im just lazy. if you are in sarlona dont question my level range. just join
    Dont think this is the issue. Lots of us are lazy, and it is a game right

The op said he was specifically told that 17's dont usually shroud.

I dont know about everyone else, but as soon as an alt hits 17, im starting abbot, shroud, hox, and vod.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    the fastest way to do a shroud is without throwing a ton of buffs. A lvl 17-20 group can do it more than fast enough. I mean a 20 min shroud is a 20 minute shroud right?
    ehhhh? Where did the topic of buffs come into this...I wasn't even referring to buffs. For the most part you can get just as good of buffs from a 16-18 party doing for ingredients AND XP as you can from a 18-20 group just doing it mainly for ingredients.

What you do get usually from an 18-20 party tho is more mana, extra feats & enhancements, and sometimes better equipped characters. I'm sorry, but my Shrouds are almost always pugs, while I take whoever applies in the level range I have up, which is generally 18-20....if a 16-17 wants in they better be able to sell me on it if I don't know them.

When I start doing Shrouds on my TR'ing cleric, I will be putting up probably 16-18 and will just take whoever....but I kind of owe it to the party I advertised as 18-20 to be picky if I am making an exception. There is absolutely nothing unethical or unfair about it.

When you hit an LFM it's not about what you personally think is right or wrong really, it's about what the leader wants in their group. Sometimes you do have to go the extra mile to get your foot in the door.

Dont think this is the issue. Lots of us are lazy, and it is a game right

The op said he was specifically told that 17's dont usually shroud.

I dont know about everyone else, but as soon as an alt hits 17, im starting abbot, shroud, hox, and vod.
    I totally agree Quik...the OP was very misinformed......and does need to know that whomever told them that was whacked.....the freekin quest is level 17 to begin with!

At the same time there is nothing wrong with 18-20 Shroud LFM's and a level 17 wanting in having to tell the leader why they should make an exception for them.

Community Member fluffybunnywilson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sithias View Post
    Just wanted to ask....since when do you HAVE to be level 18 and above to run Shroud? Please Discuss....

I ask this because my sorc was informed this morning that level 17's "don't usually" run Shroud.....
    I agree 100% with your sentiment, but over the last week, I have started to have more and more sympathy for the people who get picky with their Shrouds. I had 3 failed PUG Shrouds in less than 24 hours. It made me cry.

In one Shroud, both healers died when the blades came to the place where they were standing and they didn't bother to heal themselves.

In one Shroud, about half of the melee ran away from Harry when the blades came in.

In one Shroud, the party didn't have enough DPS to kill all of the Leiutenants at the same time. Even with prepping them to less than 10%, they couldn't kill the troll fast enough once the other enemies were dead and suggestions to kill the troll first in order to avoid that problem were ignored.

I wept for the future of DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by vvanjilavv View Post
    the Op Was Very Misinformed......
    Whoosh
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

I'm sure that must be because when you are doing things for the 1st time, you get nervous I guess, so they want more experienced people to join their PuGs
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    ehhhh? Where did the topic of buffs come into this...I wasn't even referring to buffs. For the most part you can get just as good of buffs from a 16-18 party doing for ingredients AND XP as you can from a 18-20 group just doing it mainly for ingredients.I brought in buffs because, you claimed people want faster shrouds as a reason they dont take lvl 17's. My argument was that level 17's dont make a shroud slower, overbuffing does.

What you do get usually from an 18-20 party tho is more mana, extra feats & enhancements, and sometimes better equipped characters. I'm sorry, but my Shrouds are almost always pugs, while I take whoever applies in the level range I have up, which is generally 18-20....if a 16-17 wants in they better be able to sell me on it if I don't know them.mana, feats and enhancements arent going to make 99% of groups run shrouds faster, less buffs, and a good pace will.

When I start doing Shrouds on my TR'ing cleric, I will be putting up probably 16-18 and will just take whoever....but I kind of owe it to the party I advertised as 18-20 to be picky if I am making an exception. There is absolutely nothing unethical or unfair about it.the solution is to put the shroud up as 17-20. Trust me if youre failing shrouds that are 17-20, its not because some peoples lvl range is lvl 17, there is some other reason. Same goes for speed, unless you are trying to break 15 minutes in a pug, theres no reason you cant have a very respectable 24-28 minute pug run with lvl 17's in the group. If you cant, its not because there are lvl 17's in the group

When you hit an LFM it's not about what you personally think is right or wrong really, it's about what the leader wants in their group. Sometimes you do have to go the extra mile to get your foot in the door.
    I totally agree Quik...the OP was very misinformed......and does need to know that whomever told them that was whacked.....the freekin quest is level 17 to begin with! that was kinda the point of the OP. The OP is not misinformed.

At the same time there is nothing wrong with 18-20 Shroud LFM's and a level 17 wanting in having to tell the leader why they should make an exception for them.
    in red

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnywilson View Post
    I agree 100% with your sentiment, but over the last week, I have started to have more and more sympathy for the people who get picky with their Shrouds. I had 3 failed PUG Shrouds in less than 24 hours. It made me cry.

In one Shroud, both healers died when the blades came to the place where they were standing and they didn't bother to heal themselves.

In one Shroud, about half of the melee ran away from Harry when the blades came in.

In one Shroud, the party didn't have enough DPS to kill all of the Leiutenants at the same time. Even with prepping them to less than 10%, they couldn't kill the troll fast enough once the other enemies were dead and suggestions to kill the troll first in order to avoid that problem were ignored.

I wept for the future of DDO.
    None of these issues could blame the fact that there were lvl 17's in the group. If a whole group of lvl 17's have such low dps they cant take down the mobs, 1 more lvl wont make a bit of difference. Same with the healers. Not going to suddenly start healing themselves because they gained a level.

But people have some misconception that the magic level of 18 is going to somehow eliminate the nubs from their pugs. Instead they should learn how to lead a group of people that dont know the raid inside and out if they plan on pugging 11 spots.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegic View Post
    when i make a shroud group i usually dont move the level range. why? because im to lazy!!! not because i think shourd is hard and meand and without cap players and extra twinked characters ... i do it because im waaay to lazy and.. heck it even happens to me on epic quests, i dont change the level range. again im just lazy. if you are in sarlona dont question my level range. just join
    I would send a tell asking, since you never know who will decline you or why. I mean I have recently been declined on my rogue from a shroud because they "already had one."

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    You both got it spot on, why join a group that's going to handicap itself because of shortsidedness. Extra lives for both of yah.
    Same goes for those WF only Tank groups I see.
    I find it funny when my little halfling fighter steals aggro from those WF tanks only swinging one weapon
    It is amazing how many groups will hold out for that perfect tank, when they have players / builds who are perfectly capable of completing the job.
    the fastest way to do a shroud is without throwing a ton of buffs. A lvl 17-20 group can do it more than fast enough. I mean a 20 min shroud is a 20 minute shroud right?
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Whoosh
    +1 cuz u made me chuckle!

I totally agree Quik...the OP was very misinformed......and does need to know that whomever told them that was whacked.....the freekin quest is level 17 to begin with!
    I've done Shroud a lot.....Not misinformed, not in the least lol......

Thanks guys for the replies, I really didn't understand it myself. The conversation started by me asking if they needed another caster and was told yes. I then told this "leader" that I didn't have Wail yet and asked if it would be a problem and was told it was not. Then I hit the LFM and was declined. Then the reason for the original question ensued.

No, Arlo (wasn't Quik, sorry bro) , after that, I wouldn't want to be part of that Pug, just annoyed me to no end to be told that 17's "usually" don't do Shroud.

Riya.....I love you. You entertain me to no end
    Last edited by Sithias; 06-11-2011 at 07:56 PM.

NERDRAGE
    Sithias ~ Darcath ~ Darccath ~ Darckath ~ Sithificer ~ Sithinator ~ Sithiuus

I make my shrouds 16-20 cause it just works for me, hell I see more shrouds that fail 18-20 or even pure 20 then when I let 16s in, its just sad how many people got 40+ completions supposedly who still had no idea what they are doing
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

...I dont know about everyone else, but as soon as an alt hits 17, im starting abbot, shroud, hox, and vod.
    Me too, but only 'cause most of the groups PUGging those have at least 1 level 20, and those dirty capped toons spoil my XP

Then when my extremely-slow-to-level kensai monk hit 17, all of a sudden all the LFMs either have 18-20, or are just waiting for a healer, or have some kind of FAIL written all over them.

My heart goes out to any of you folks who only play melee toons - how do you stand it? I guess you have to get in a good guild or /wrists.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12