Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a quick question....

Just wanted to ask....since when do you HAVE to be level 18 and above to run Shroud? Please Discuss....

I ask this because my sorc was informed this morning that level 17's "don't usually" run Shroud.....

NERDRAGE
    Sithias ~ Darcath ~ Darccath ~ Darckath ~ Sithificer ~ Sithinator ~ Sithiuus

Rofl.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Cool

The real question:

Do you actually want to be in a pug who thinks that?
    Dravun , Yocoba, Daivik, and so many more.
    Proud to serve the Imperial Assassins!
    Do not drink the awesome-sauce......One must BE the awesome-sauce.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Hehehe

Sad thing is, it's becoming fairly common...

Quote Originally Posted by ArloOne View Post
    The real question:

I enjoy joining them just so I can rage constantly and e-peen left and right. Gotta keep the guild rep up, ya know?
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    Endgame

Those are probably the same people putting up the Lvl 18-20 lfm's for "Redfang on elite for favor: NEED GUIDE" .

Somehow I doubt you're missing out on much.
    Epiitaph - Antivyrus - Mkael - Raolin

Well, I was duly informed the other month that you had to be at least level 18 for an elite vod, because otherwise you would not be able to hit the 'enemies' because you're lacking 4 BAB at level 16...

And yet, sometimes there is a small part of me that would love to join such groups, outkill everyone 4 to 1, and then ask them to explain. But in general we're better off not joining such groups.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Hmm... 18-20s seem more common then ever, and I've seen a 17-20 fail ONCE, and that includes plenty of terrible pugs, although the one that failed ran with one level 17 cleric solo-healing. 18-20 is unnecessary and slower to fill, and chances are the people posting those LFMs are very bad leaders and doubt the success of their group.
    Ludrid of Argonessen

I would switch to my 20 to join, but it wouldn't be for the same reason the other 11 people were in the group .

before seeing what u wrote i'd like to say that it was just due to laziness(Hitting 'make group' but not changing level)

But then if the guy says that... idk

You dont. People who think that are newbs or nubs. Period no exceptions.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Since TR's came into play, and people want to twink their soon to be TR's as fast as they can, honestly I am surprised most Shroud runs aren't at level 20-20 range the way things are these days.

Shrouds are not for XP, it's for farming GS ingredients.....do I agree with this....no....but a lot of people are of that mindset...and the fastest way to do it is with over-leveled characters.

Segregation is at an all time high....Turbine is scrambling to balance......all these so called easy buttons are necessary with the implementation of TR's, F2P, Guild Renown Decay...etc......and now with crafting in place it further adds to the guild renown issue.

While DDO was complex and a lot harder than most people could handle pre-F2P....they had one thing done well...the game did not involve discrimination to the level it is at now.

There are plenty of people who will run at level Shrouds tho.....make your own LFM's is the best thing you can do really.

when i make a shroud group i usually dont move the level range. why? because im to lazy!!! not because i think shourd is hard and meand and without cap players and extra twinked characters ... i do it because im waaay to lazy and.. heck it even happens to me on epic quests, i dont change the level range. again im just lazy. if you are in sarlona dont question my level range. just join

Quote Originally Posted by ArloOne View Post
    The real question:

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    You dont. People who think that are newbs or nubs. Period no exceptions.

You both got it spot on, why join a group that's going to handicap itself because of shortsidedness. Extra lives for both of yah.
    Same goes for those WF only Tank groups I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithias View Post
    Just wanted to ask....since when do you HAVE to be level 18 and above to run Shroud? Please Discuss....

I ask this because my sorc was informed this morning that level 17's "don't usually" run Shroud.....
    I also prefer at least lvl 18's for Cannith Crystal and Heytons rest, man those quests are hard. Also I'd want at least 2 healers and arcanes before stepping inside.

It's also known as lazy. 99% of lfms aren't set up correctly for quest lvl/xp, they have silly restrictions on classes and wait ages to fill instead of short manning. At 17 I'll send a tell asking if they've got a spot for me and usually get accepted.
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Honestly I normally have my Shroud level ranges set at 18-20 myself......but if a 16-17 sells themselves to me....I usually accept them...especially if the group is pretty much full of a bunch of vets who I know can handle themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Honestly I normally have my Shroud level ranges set at 18-20 myself......but if a 16-17 sells themselves to me....I usually accept them...especially if the group is pretty much full of a bunch of vets who I know can handle themselves.
    Why do they have to sell themselves in the first place?

Hit accept. It'll be ok.
    Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Why do they have to sell themselves in the first place?

Hit accept. It'll be ok.
    If you have at least 1 healer you know then I'd say yes, just take anybody. It really isn't up to the groups lvs at that point if you have 1 decent healer. But if you post an lfm on your rogue and have nothing but pugs you don't know, I can see being a little cautious. Somebody sending a tell is often a good sign to begin with so I'd just accept based off of that *provided the tell is legible*

LFMs are a tricky business. When I post for DPS when filling a tower sometimes I'll drop cleric or FVS off the list to avoid the necessary tell asking if the requesting player can fill a dps slot. Usually I'll just leave it up but it really depends on how lazy I am at the time.

Lv range is just a check and balance for the party leader. Sure he maybe being a little excessive with how he implements it but ultimately he's just trying to be a good leader.

Hell when I fill shroud I'll vary the lv range just to make the lfm more Visible.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Since TR's came into play, and people want to twink their soon to be TR's as fast as they can, honestly I am surprised most Shroud runs aren't at level 20-20 range the way things are these days.

Shrouds are not for XP, it's for farming GS ingredients.....do I agree with this....no....but a lot of people are of that mindset...and the fastest way to do it is with over-leveled characters.

Segregation is at an all time high....Turbine is scrambling to balance......all these so called easy buttons are necessary with the implementation of TR's, F2P, Guild Renown Decay...etc......and now with crafting in place it further adds to the guild renown issue.

While DDO was complex and a lot harder than most people could handle pre-F2P....they had one thing done well...the game did not involve discrimination to the level it is at now.

There are plenty of people who will run at level Shrouds tho.....make your own LFM's is the best thing you can do really.
    the fastest way to do a shroud is without throwing a ton of buffs. A lvl 17-20 group can do it more than fast enough. I mean a 20 min shroud is a 20 minute shroud right?
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

My understanding of the level 18 thing is that casters get wail at that level (I may be wrong, my wiz is only 13) and healers get mass heal. I've personally found that more people will accept a lower level barbarian or fighter than healer or caster.

Personally I am pretty flexible about what levels and classes I let into my groups and just tailor it accordingly. If I have a lot of new people or lower levels I just make sure we take a bit of extra time to explain and insist that blue bars are filled before pulling the bosses etc.

I think the people who are really rigid about those type of things either can't be bothered changing the play style to suit the group or they don't have the leadership skills to think outside that very small box of what is considered to be the RIGHT way to do shroud :P

I'll take all sorts of weird class combinations, go without a caster if none apply, take 4 rogues, whatever... never had a fail but there have been some interesting times LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast