Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    Guys- healing amp is not as important if you are getting healed/Mass healed. Where it does come into major play is when you are taking a ton of damage and are being healed via scroll or a combo of scrolling and blue bar healing.

There are times where you can't use JUST Heal/Mass Heal in a raid healing situation. There are cooldowns- smart healers or healers who want to conserve SP will alternate scrolls and whatever other cures they may have off timer.

In my opinion, it's just silly to not take some form of HA, unless there's absolutely, totally no way to fit it into your build. Even my Clerics have healing amp-- at the very least, I'd suggest having an item to swap in, such as Levik's or a Finger Necklace when really needed.
    You know whats supa dope? Healing someone with only heal scrolls, and the fvs capstone. And it working just as good as a spell on them as the other spells do..
    Klemm-Clemm-Kuff-Kuffix.
    Soulless or Die.

I'm surprised that this thread went by with minimal, if any, digression. There are such great responses that I don't even feel inclined to participate since I'd just be repeating what's already been said o_O

Hell, I think I'll just start random topics like these once every couple weeks and never actually participate in my own threads ever again!

(Sarlona) Kuniken | Arisuno | Bojutsu | Olette
    Steam

bard? ******.. lol

Guess this means i can't drag u on any more raids for a while.

Community Member LoveNeverFails's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dracey View Post

What is your perspective on the significance or insignificance of having healing amplification on a character?
    Only on WF and barbarians. The rest, meh. I've never had a problem healing you guys. Even Barbarians can get by with no Healing Amp. Warforged, you need to take Healer's friend. At least one level. More if your feeling generous. Please please please for your healers sanity. Please.

The more ability the character I'm playing has to self-heal, the less I care about healing amp. On others, I place similar importance on it.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , 3, and 4 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Goddess of Sticks) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Not your server, but given a choice, assuming both have 700hp, I'd rather heal a Horoth tank with no fortification and decent healing amp to one with heavy fort and awful amp.

I can make the comparison, I've done both. (The 0 fort one was an experiment we did a while back).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

This has probably been said before by Sirgog somewhere else as well, but if the main roles in a raid are fullfilled by players with good HA, you can get away with one less healer, which means an extra slot for dps.

Not want to call ya a n00b ATMA, but I prefer balancing everything around.

673498 heal amp seems to me like a waste - you could improve others areas of your toon instead of max'ing that out, for instance.

But, well, whatever, for each rule there is an exception, right? ATMA knows that!
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

Talking Vote Yes to Heal Amp in 2011!!

Quote Originally Posted by elricken View Post
    Fit as much amp as you can on your melees, nuff said.
    Agreed, but apparently some still don't get it. If your tanking heal amp is especially important, get as much as you can and still be able to hold agro. That's all you need, your job as a tank is #1. Hold Agro #2. Stay Alive. #2 is just as much your responsibility with your build as it is the person healing you. Hold Agro, let the DPS do their job... you know damage.

If your just DPS then not so much, but still very useful as long as you are not sacrificing a lot of DPS. Cleric's aura can be extremely useful the more heal amp you have. Hellspewn's aura hits him for 72hp every 2 seconds 209 on crit without my eardweller going. Even if he does not get a single crit that's 2160 hp every minute without a single SP cost. Yes, comparing massive heal amp to the Mass Heal/Heal spell will continually show over kill. However the fact remains that smaller heals will be constantly thrown, either from a mass cure, cleric's aura, light monk or bard. This is where you will see the pay off.

I do personally prefer to only throw mass heals on a group, but sometimes that just isn't fast enough and if you are a WF with 75% heal amp, guess what... your going to die. I'm going to let you, and I won't care. You're DPS is not significant enough to justify me wasting SP on you so that I'm out of SP before the next shrine. Cowboyup WF barb 917hp, 120% heal amp (no epic gear at all) and does not loose agro. He is a tank, he does really good DPS, but his DPS could be better with AP in different areas. However.... he's a tank.

Empower Healing is a nice feat and it has its uses. That being said, most of the time I run around with it off on my Favored Souls' . I leave it going on Hellspewn most of the time because I'm either to lazy to turn it off and on when starting a new aura or I just don't have the time to worry about it.

Honestly I don't put groups together because I need your DPS, raids or otherwise, I do it because it's more fun than being anti-social all the time and solo'ing everything. Please try to make it a little more enjoyable for me and other healers by being responsible enough to take some time and get some heal amp gear. You won't die as much, and I won't complain to you about it. Then we can all have fun together! LOL

Hopefully that is enough said,
    WTT Large Bone for Underwater Action.
    Hellbound Angels - Hellspewn, Hellsscion, Hellstryke, Hellsmonster, Hellsnsanity, Cowboyup, Wiskie, Theralt

Seems to be a flat split in responses, either go hard with amp or ignore it & max your DPS

Well, sod teh max DPS.

You can't contribute if you';re dead

You waste party spots and resources if you need someone constantly healing just you

You are not Shade, you do not deserve your own arcane & divine groupies following you around

Just off topic (and off server), Shade - if you're reading this, can you visit Thelanis & teach the Horc Barb's how to play? they have a tendency to die a lot there
    Last edited by voxson5; 06-14-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballsz View Post
    Honestly I don't put groups together because I need your DPS, raids or otherwise, I do it because it's more fun than being anti-social all the time and solo'ing everything. Please try to make it a little more enjoyable for me and other healers by being responsible enough to take some time and get some heal amp gear. You won't die as much, and I won't complain to you about it. Then we can all have fun together! LOL
    I so agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by HallowedOne View Post

673498 heal amp seems to me like a waste - you could improve others areas of your toon instead of max'ing that out, for instance.

But, well, whatever, for each rule there is an exception, right? ATMA knows that!

I hate to disagree, but there is little u can do to 'improve' my toon on another area and justify the loss of amp.

Change bracers(to what?) and lose 25% amp and gain what? poison immune?

Change out dt for ... what? fire burst?....

Change out gloves, lose 30% AND lose 3-4 pts of dmg per hit to gain... wait.. LOSE (best alternative is charged gaunts and its a LOSS of dps)

Rest is enhancements, and 30amp might get me.. hmm well i can't think of anything.

No. Really i sacrifice VERY VERY VERY little for so very much. Every 'alternative' gear set people have suggested, when i crunch the numbers I always come up short in EVERY other area just to gain 2-3 more dmg over a min. Its not worth it.

Or of course u could suggest i could be a ****** str/con barb with ESOS + EMaralith and ... ya see where im going here? LOL

Atma is honestly, the perfect balance of anything it means to be melee with extras. he has good to great dps. Has almost max possible heal amp. He has all saves over 30's. He has imp.evasion. He has a 50-75% (Based on circumstances and buffs) chance to avoid any melee dmg. he has decent, or (with buffs) great hp.

I am very proud of him, and honestly I have full rights to be, hes turned out better then I could have ever expected when I first rolled him up.

Sure i could do more damage, or have higher ac, or have better hp, or (blah blah blah blah) but like i said, the cost outweighs the benefit. By far.
    Last edited by AMDarkwolf; 06-14-2011 at 07:12 PM.

I like healing amp (+95%) because I like thinking the big green numbers on me are bigger than the big green numbers on everyone else.
    That is the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HallowedOne View Post

If I could get 673498 healing amp... Imagine tanking Horoth and being healed by someone (maybe a ranger) casting 4sp Cure Light Wounds...

Or turning Cure Serious potions into no-debuff Silver Flame pots...
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234