Question Playing DDO remotely with MS Remote Desktop

When I am traveling, I can access my computer remotely using RDP... has anyone ever been able to play remotely? I tried but it's telling me Game Error 122. No suitable graphics device was found.

Even if the performance isn't great, would be fun to work on my lowbies in my off time.

RDC uses a pseudo video adapter to output video. On top of that your latency would be about double what it normally is.

I've just tested it and it seems that the computer on the RDC session isn't considered to have a DirectX capable graphics card, you can fire up the launcher, but it will quit with an error when it attempts to start the game client.

How about using a portable external drive and play it from there?
    The Cube is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekill View Post
    When I am traveling, I can access my computer remotely using RDP... has anyone ever been able to play remotely? I tried but it's telling me Game Error 122. No suitable graphics device was found.

Even if the performance isn't great, would be fun to work on my lowbies in my off time.
    Might as well just find a nice MuD to play while on the road. That's about the most graphics it will support.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Community Member

If you can get past the initial DirectX check in DDO you can play the game in Windowed mode ( I just tested it. )

What I did was start DDO in windowed mode, then connect via Remote Desktop and was able to play via Remote Desktop.

If you had someone sitting at your computer to log in that would work, or you could always try another remote desktop program such as WinVNC as you may be able to start the client using it.

Once you get past the slue of video hurdles... I imagine it's possible - however I think that the latency/delay on commands would be awful.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances