Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    If a zerger dies in a forest and no one is there to see it did he really die?
    Yes, for if a member of the group was with him at the point of death, he could not have been truly zerging.
    However, upon the point of death it is entirely possible that the mighty "zerger" ceases to be, and instead becomes a "bad player"...

This could become a deep philosophical debate

(If it wasn't on a gaming forum with the high risk of being attacked by trolls.)

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Are zergers who suck at zerging zerging? Or are zergers who suck at zerging not zerging while trying to zerg?

I feel an existential dilemma coming on.
    Here, let me help.

Type of person the OP is complaining about: I know who I am! I’m a zerger playing a noob disgused as another zerger!
    k1ngp1n: What?
    Type of person the OP is complaining about: You're a noob that don’t know what noob he is!
    TrinityTurtle: Or are you a noob who has no idea what noob he is and claims to know what noob he is…
    The DDO forum: What the f*** are you guys talking about?
    TrinityTurtle: …by playing like a noob?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elricken View Post
    Your Zergfu > my Zergfu.

I am ashamed.
    Or dishonored?
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

My +1 Zealot rush pwns your zerglings

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Those aren't zergers...they're just bad players.
    But NOT this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Zergers don't die.

I think any committed zerger needs to die reasonably often. The only way to know your limits is to push them. If the zerger rarely dies, they are good. If they never die, then they probably are not living up to their true potentional, because they are not pushing themselves close enough to the edge.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    99% This 1% stuff happens

A zerger does not blindly go running off into a quest. They know where they are going and what they are doing. sometimes stuff happens /roll 1.

a Fool on the other hand does cause havoc.
    this

I was zerging deleras the other day and haven't died there in a year yet I lagged out bad and kicked somewhere in the spike. we are talking a good long 3 min lag spike in the middle of a crazy fight.
    heck I was wearing a robe of invulnerability and the entire abashi set so it takes something like that to die in deleras. honestly I was surprised even a 3min spike was enough to kill even my squishy rogue geared as she was.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Then they need to spawn more overlords.

Good zerglings will not zerg in a group that doesn't want them to zerg. If I join a normal group, I'll just play their way. If I join a zerg group, I will zerg. Zerging is my playstyle, but it doesn't mean I have to ruin the run for others when I join their parties. But you better ****ing zerg if you join mine and I put up a LFM that says so.
    Good zerglings don't join parties, especially lowbie ones.

Community Member

Tl:dr Hjeal Me!

Quote Originally Posted by trinityturtle View Post
    i Don't Mind You In My Parties. You Can Zerg To Your Little Hears Content! Makes No Nevermind To Me.

However,

Have The Ability To Back Up Your Playstyle. And When You Have Left The Party, And Gotten In Trouble, Ordering Me To Come Save You While I'm Taking Care Of Them Is Just Going To **** Me Off. Doing It In All Caps With Rudeness And Swearing Interspersed Will Make Me Pretty Much Ignore You The Rest Of The Quest/chain. You Are One Of Six (or 12 In The Case Of A Raid) People Under My Care. You Are Actually Not Any More Important To Me Than The Other Five People, Myself Included In That Five. You Are, In Fact, Less Important To Me Because You Stated By Your Choice To Run Off And Leave Us That You Do Not In Fact Wish To Be In My Care As A Healer.

Understand That, And Behave With A Modicum Of Civility And Responsibility For Your Own Choices, And We'll Be Happy Playing Together. I Look Forward To Partying With The Civil Zergers In The Future, And Blacklisting The Ones Like My Wizard Today.

Signed,
    All My Cleric And Fs Toons.

Yes, I Know This Topic Pops Up Alot, But I Hope In Posting This That Yet On More Will Begin To Make People Realize That Many Clerics Share This Mindset. I'm Sure There Are Some That Enjoy Running Like Headless Chickens, But Many Of Us Do Not, And Will Not.

Capable zergers are the least likely to die for the have experience in dealing with large quantities of mobs, know the limitations of their toons and are able to manage their aggro accordingly. Zergers commonly travel by themselves or in small groups. The best of them are also known to hide in plain sight by adapting to the playstyle of non-zergers when in mixed groups.

Less capable zergers (or bad zergers and zerglings) are somewhat like lemmings; they simply rush for the next cliff. However, unlike lemmings they don't go quietly but make a lot of noise and commonly blame everyone around them for not having built a bridge or - at the very least - put some pillows at the bottom. Also, unlike real lemmings, they refuse to stay dead for some reason.

Moral of the story? Be a zerger not a zergling. Zergers are capable players who are as likely to respect (and adapt) to playstyle of other people; they don't feel they have to proof anything to anyone since they know already that they are that good. Zerglings are small, pathetic creatures whose sole contribution is serving as the occasional comedy relief.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    I think any committed zerger needs to die reasonably often. The only way to know your limits is to push them. If the zerger rarely dies, they are good. If they never die, then they probably are not living up to their true potentional, because they are not pushing themselves close enough to the edge.

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    Good.....your hate has made you powerful. Now fulfill your destiny as a divine and cast down the zergling's soulstone into lava. Their feeble skills are no match for the power of the darksi*cough*. Sorry, lost myself a little there carry on.
    This is hilarious. I'm also enjoying how this has devolved into Starcraft talk.
    - Sarlona: Sethus, Mirgat, Barranor, Vontran, Nefferrous, Keertan, Crixxuss
    Member of Endgame

I guess I'll explain what I meant a bit more :P OP said he/she had a bad experience with ****** zergers that kept dying. A good zerger will die, yes, I admit it, I die sometimes! But most of the time it's just bad luck or unnavoidable stuff and not stupid reasons like the bad zergers.
    I will die after rolling a 1 on slay living one second after getting dispelled.
    I will die when I'm typing near a chest that has 3 traps on it and some stupid person doesn't listen to the leader that said "wait for the traps to be removed" and opens it.
    I will die when....well, you get the picture.

I will not die running ahead into the elite xorian hall with traps all over the place.
    I will not die pulling 100 mobs when I know my character could just handle 30.
    bla bla bla, etc. etc. etc.

I may die for stupid reasons, once in a while. **** happens to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    Good zerglings don't join parties, especially lowbie ones.
    When you've mostly soloed 8 TRs on a character and 3 on another...sometimes you want some company...
    Or sometimes you just need a break from zerging, I know I do.

I like the way you roll your dice.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Wow, h'lo everyone.

Thank you for stopping by my thread! I'm not quite at the lava stone dropping state yet, but give me more time and I might hit that point next if the screaming and rudeness continues to flow at me. I am not one of those clerics who hates zergers on general principle, play however you like, just be polite to each other and I'm a happy turtle. I will adapt and either try to keep up with the super speed people to help them as best I can in a group of them and swing my weapons like a madturtle if they don't need much from me or am content to let them go off and do their thing and stay with those who need/want me nearby, I just have a tolerance limit on behavior. LOL I take pride in keeping my groups standing still.

But calling me like I'm your pet is right out! *smirks*
    Last edited by TrinityTurtle; 06-04-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

This:

But NOT this:

Or they are Chuck Norris >:-)

Thats right, I went there!

I can't heal with all these dragons on me..........

But seriously, if you're not zerging 10 seconds past your soulstone.....you ain't zergin' hard enough

NERDRAGE
    Sithias ~ Darcath ~ Darccath ~ Darckath ~ Sithificer ~ Sithinator ~ Sithiuus

I love it when they die in traps...
    Evasion zerging ftw.

Zergers don't die.
    I remember that my zergs in Starcraft sometimes died...
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

I save that for my guild groups though. I'll push the limits and see how much I can do there. In non-guild groups it's stay alive first and quick completion second.

Arrow

A minor detail it appears everyone missed:

True Zergers don´t have Healers in their groups. Therefore this thread is not applicable.

(This game pretty much doesn´t require them until Level 18)

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast