Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Why would you assume rogues are better at traps or casters have better buffs.? INT based casting has already demonstrated great synergy with trap-skills, and buffing is one of the best features from PnP. Just sayin'.
    No Improved Evasion for starters. Possibly no Spot skill either, won;t know this til we see a release note.

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    No Improved Evasion for starters. Possibly no Spot skill either, won;t know this til we see a release note.

Aesop
    Evasion doesn't make them worse at dealing with traps; it makes them worse at dealing with ignoring traps while running through. I have a hard time imagining not giving them a spot skill based on the way DDO handles traps but that is less relevant if one already knows where the trap is. That irrelevancy is also why I wouldn't be concerned just adding spot to the skill list.

We'll see tomorrow tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Evasion doesn't make them worse at dealing with traps; it makes them worse at dealing with ignoring traps while running through. I have a hard time imagining not giving them a spot skill based on the way DDO handles traps but that is less relevant if one already knows where the trap is. That irrelevancy is also why I wouldn't be concerned just adding spot to the skill list.

We'll see tomorrow tho.
    There are occasional traps that you have to stand in to disarm... I don't foresee Art sitting there for it
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    There are occasional traps that you have to stand in to disarm... I don't foresee Art sitting there for it
    This is true.

Perhaps it should be pointed out in the rogues are useless now threads, although splashing levels of monk or rogue helps as long as the player takes insightful reflexes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Quote Originally Posted by InvadeNormandy View Post
    Wow, looots of groans and negativity over the class eh? Lots of min max complaints.... in a game where most people just run at the boss and overkill it to death :P

You have offhand rune arms which are basically megaman arm cannons that let you pop off a variety of varying ranged damage with a charge, and adds damage to your mainhand weapon (Melee or Light Repeater, quite a potent effect with a repeater) the runearms also add stats.

You can infuse people with strange and borderline wonderous effects and I bet you good money infuse yourself as well (And one of the infusions makes int your damage stat, very interesting notion regarding wizards there... Eldritch knight possible with a Artificer at your side?)

And if the wiki is correct with it's spectulation, a haste infusion that sticks to your armor and doesn't wear off.

And apparently the most important... ALL OF THESE MECHANICS SOUND FUN! Not another sterile loveless "Okay hit this rotatation/hold right click" boring mess to play.
    Those mechanics sound fun? Odd, they sound rather boring to me, and indeed seem like they could easily become a "Hit this rotation/hold left click" class, only buff-focused instead of nuke focused, and you might have to hold one button longer.

The rune arms will either be decent or badly balanced, what with the charging mechanic.

The buffs might be interesting, but this also means that UMD Sorcerers and Bards will be able to replace Artificers somewhat by popping those scrolls onto allies.

Pet AI has been legendarily horrendous. The dog can receive whatever training it wishes, but unless they fix pathing and/or give the player the ability to finely control the dog, it will be more of a burden than an asset.

Personally, I think a Psion would've been better, as the ability to directly control the power level of your psionic abilities adds a bit more strategy to the game. I'm actually still very disappointed that they chose Artificer.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    Pet AI has been legendarily horrendous. The dog can receive whatever training it wishes, but unless they fix pathing and/or give the player the ability to finely control the dog, it will be more of a burden than an asset.

Devs have already stated that Arti Pets will have a control ber "similar" to hirelings.

while that wont fix any AI issues they may have, it will at least allow you to park them somewhere they wont get in the way.

on topic: i can see myself using something like this in combat:

target far-off enemy, fire off a quick burst with Repeater. switch to melee weapon and charge Rune Arm while enemy closes in. when enemy is in range, fire Rune Arm. Close with enemy and finish off with melee.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    on topic: i can see myself using something like this in combat:

target far-off enemy, fire off a quick burst with Repeater. switch to melee weapon and charge Rune Arm while enemy closes in. when enemy is in range, fire Rune Arm. Close with enemy and finish off with melee.
    Yeah, I don't really see the need to even use the repeater if you're gonna have good enough melee to finish them off. I'm making my arti into a melee juggernaut, I want one of the arm cannons that rapid fires at full charge so that I can stand back, aim, charge it up, and blast the snot out of a monster. I'll then pew pew him and his buddies till they get to me and finish em all off with my dwarven axe and blade barrier AoE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    Personally, I think a Psion would've been better, as the ability to directly control the power level of your psionic abilities adds a bit more strategy to the game. I'm actually still very disappointed that they chose Artificer.
    Even though Artificer that got implemented isn't really that much to my liking (I will still buy it and play it, though... I like to play casters and Artificer is better than rolling another divine or arcane), Psion would actually dissapoint me more. Psion in PnP had worse system than casters - only thing that was effective was spamming best ability for that particular situation at max augment level. Can you see connection between that and SP system we currently have in DDO?

The only thing Psion would get us is new spell list - and only mechanic I see that is currently better on psionic classes than arcanes are stat debuffs. Xcept, you know, stat debuffs aren't really that effective in epics. New buffs, too, which is thing Artificer does in more interesting way, anyway. There are a lot of classes I'd rather see before Psions - starting with Druids, of course.

That being said, according to some pretty reliable rumors, Psions will be in game soon. And I think I'll play them too (new shiny pseudo-caster!), unfortunately. Poor will saves vs. new shiny.

Community Member

Personally, I hope that the arti is about just as good as a rogue when dealing with traps/locks. At least has evasion and the ability to spot traps.. otherwise.. it would very much suck.

Cause like in terms of fighting, Barb, Fighter, Paladin and Ranger are all good at fighting. (and monk?)
    In terms of healing, Cleric and Favored Soul, followed by Bard and Paladin. Sorc/Wiz for warforged.
    Crowd Control, Bard, Cleric, Sorc/Wiz, Favored Soul
    Buffing, Bard, Paladin, Cleric/FS, Sorc/Wiz,
    In terms of dealing with traps/locks.. Rogue. Only.

However the people who are sad that its not a druid..

Rejoice.. This could mean that Rangers are getting a pet soon, and that they are "half-way done" with druids. (They can at least get animal companions)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Igrovin View Post
    Rejoice.. This could mean that Rangers are getting a pet soon, and that they are "half-way done" with druids. (They can at least get animal companions)
    I was all for this till someone on lamma forums posted they'd name their companion Guenwyar or something similar. **** rangers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345