1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Obveril View Post
    I dont think anyone ever found this

Time to set a surprise when it's done

Another view from different direction

And aftermath
    Quote Originally Posted by Obveril View Post

Dancing Fleshrender and a vain one at that
    ha nicely done. I had no idea about the Fleshrender on the can! Hilarious!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Thought i finally do what i meant to do, not the fastest but 1 kill, all traps EE vulkor
    Character: Obveril Orien server (current theme i will add you encase in jade to my garden of contemplation!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalros View Post

Thought i finally do what i meant to do, not the fastest but 1 kill, all traps EE vulkor
    Grats on run. Was Shadowdancer a big help in that?

Congratz! Did you get the trap box right before the last scorpion?
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

I am thinking that it might be good to have all epic quests require the character to be level 20. Powercreeplosion has made too many low level quests much easier and maybe it would be a superb challenge to stealth upper EE quests on a level 20. This would level the playing field a bit too. Thoughts?

To: Tscheuss

Oh yes Shadowdancer, is an immense help between shadow form which grants me hide and move silently boost and shadow training II clicky enabling the stealth speed i need to quickly move pass the roaming scorpion. Granted i could have done it faster but i was tired from work, might do another quicker run if you guys want it

To: Saekee

Yes, there are a total of 5 traps, first 2 behind the secret door, 1 at the mirror hallway, 1 near the patrolling giant, and the last one near the end.

I might attempt something this week day, problem is a lot of the higher tier epic quest require boss kills, unless you are prepare damage and mitigation wise it will be difficult. But thats the challenge eh?
    Character: Obveril Orien server (current theme i will add you encase in jade to my garden of contemplation!)

To: Tscheuss

Oh yes Shadowdancer, is an immense help between shadow form which grants me hide and move silently boost and shadow training II clicky enabling the stealth speed i need to quickly move pass the roaming scorpion. Granted i could have done it faster but i was tired from work, might do another quicker run if you guys want it

To: Saekee

Yes, there are a total of 5 traps, first 2 behind the secret door, 1 at the mirror hallway, 1 near the patrolling giant, and the last one near the end.

I might attempt something this week day, problem is a lot of the higher tier epic quest require boss kills, unless you are prepare damage and mitigation wise it will be difficult. But thats the challenge eh?
    the only traps I bother to do are the first two and then the last one--xp is poor anyway in the quest. I have found with the last one that I needed to find the trap box before opening the door & then setting off the fire trap--I would find it from the outside.

Try EE old tomb new tenants. That is a fun stealth challenge. 1 boss kill then the 12 or so that drop down at the end.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

i remember someone mentioning sneaking through Good Intentions... but when i went back to find it, i couldn't, and every time i mentioned trying to sneak it, i was told "just invisi and run". well that's not the way a R.O.G.U.E does things. so... i snuck thru it the other night on LN. no invis, single kill, practically no constructs activated.

edit: got home from work. here's some pics.

Last edited by katz; 12-06-2016 at 07:34 PM.

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i remember someone mentioning sneaking through Good Intentions... but when i went back to find it, i couldn't, and every time i mentioned trying to sneak it, i was told "just invisi and run". well that's not the way a R.O.G.U.E does things. so... i snuck thru it the other night on LN. no invis, single kill, practically no constructs activated.

nice

Yay.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

for the record..... 101 hide and 95 move silent is sufficient for said task. ^_^

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

for the record..... 101 hide and 95 move silent is sufficient for said task. ^_^
    I think Quezuzu had calculated that the highest is around 120--but good to know that is sufficient!

What do you guys think of setting things up with character level at 20? I think it allows for old epic quests to be used as well as making the more recent ones very challenging. This 'levels the playing field' also for newer players (even though competition is not inherent here).

I need to test this but we can happily add stuff from the new Lordsmarch quest chain:

Pre-quests:
    1. Frame work--1 kill, no alarm
    2. Diplomatic Immunity--1 kill
    3. Eyes of Stone--5 kills (4 elemental gnolls + medusa)

Second chain:

1. Blockade Buster--0 kills, no alarm (need to test if necessary to kill kobold bosses) edit: 0 kills works
    2. Assault on Summerfield--heavy combat but then gets fun--maybe calculate initial fight numbers and then minimize
    3. Undermine--awesome quest also with up-front brawl; from there, it is really 1 kill.

Edit: eyes of stone requires pulling the courtyard lever on the second floor plaza, which in turn requires killing the four elemental gnoll orange-named. So that makes it a 5-kill quest.
    Last edited by Saekee; 12-19-2016 at 10:29 AM.

The Hatchery

With Reaper on the horizon it'd be good to get a framework going for a new ROGUE thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    With Reaper on the horizon it'd be good to get a framework going for a new ROGUE thread
    yes--they are fixing some of the assassinate mess too in the next update

Looks like there are some tough obstacles to doing Reaper stealth runs. This does not mean that they are impossible:

Reapers detect people in stealth
    you must kill 10 mobs for completion

anything else? Claw of Vulkoor, I think can be done by killing all the giants to get the ten total

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Looks like there are some tough obstacles to doing Reaper stealth runs. This does not mean that they are impossible:

Reapers detect people in stealth
    you must kill 10 mobs for completion

anything else? Claw of Vulkoor, I think can be done by killing all the giants to get the ten total

It would be nice to see this R.O.GU.E. challenge at endgame Reapers, since unfortunately this wasn't around when I was leveling back in the day.
    I think only DOOM reapers don't detect stealth.
    I think the 10 mob kill is for the Reaper XP?

Quote Originally Posted by VinoeWhines View Post
    It would be nice to see this R.O.GU.E. challenge at endgame Reapers, since unfortunately this wasn't around when I was leveling back in the day.
    I think only DOOM reapers don't detect stealth.
    I think the 10 mob kill is for the Reaper XP?
    hey bit of a necro here but I am happy to share some thoughts

yes Reaper killed stealth fairly handedly, almost impressive in its destructive scope

there are quests that can be stealthed on high reaper and I thought it might be fun some day to do a ROGUE: Defiance challenge. I have a small number that I can do on high reaper or R10 even poorly geared. Maybe someday, if I am not too worn out. I do not play much at cap so I lack the resources for some really tough bosses--it is the bosses--fighting the red-named at the end--that spoil all the fun. But you already know that!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617