Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Actually the beholders are less dangerous in many ways because of other changes in DDO. The anti-magic cone is supposed to stop all spellcasting and spells (yes this includes the eye-rays) but is also supposed to suppress the magical abilities of all magic items below artifact level. That big bad beholder is a lot more scary when your +5 flaming sword is just a masterwork, and your protective spells are gone.
    It would be if it wasn't so squishy (again, unlike all but the 'trash' beholders in ddo). My players would just run straight up to a beholder and hack it to death with their 'masterwork' swords. So beholders were never 'alone' in my games (again, something that ddo seems to do as well).

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    And reaver's refuge as endgame content? When was the last time you even saw a level 20 character in the area?
    All the **** time unless its specifically a TR xp run.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    You have run all the quests in the Vale, correct?
    +1

Totally forgot about them there...

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gulnar13 View Post
    Actually, the so called "beholder mage" class is probabily one of the most overpowered class that was ever written for D&D.
    That doesn't answer the question of whether the DDO Beholder Mage gets any additional spells that come remotely close to offsetting the loss of supreme dispelling power.

So far, the impression is "No, it was not a sensible tradeoff. All the DDO beholders that blinded themselves to learn new spells were idiots for doing so"

As a matter of game design I totally understand why they'd want to get the antimagic fields off of those mobs... but beholders need a compensation to be interesting enemies without it. In particular, the alternate central eyes of Armored and Frost beholders are very weak... and the central eye of a Chaos Beholder actually buffs its opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    That doesn't answer the question of whether the DDO Beholder Mage gets any additional spells that come remotely close to offsetting the loss of supreme dispelling power.

So far, the impression is "No, it was not a sensible tradeoff. All the DDO beholders that blinded themselves to learn new spells were idiots for doing so"

As a matter of game design I totally understand why they'd want to get the antimagic fields off of those mobs... but beholders need a compensation to be interesting enemies without it. In particular, the alternate central eyes of Armored and Frost beholders are very weak... and the central eye of a Chaos Beholder actually buffs its opponents.
    The buff foesmt work on the beholder though: it gives you a CB frenzy that deals true chaos damage which the beholder is imune to.

I like that it might support a fight where you leave chaos beholders up to gain xpd at the cost of their attacks someday. That would be a neat arangement. ATM though it doesn't helpnor hurt beyond the vicious dam.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    The buff foesmt work on the beholder though: it gives you a CB frenzy that deals true chaos damage which the beholder is imune to.
    Nope. Chaos Beholders give you both anarchic damage and regular physical weapon damage. Watch your stats as you approach and see what happens to the numbers; it's apparently based on the Frenzied Berserker active ability.

For more fun, it'd be interesting to see the summonable Chaos Beholder buffing all the mobs for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    For more fun, it'd be interesting to see the summonable Chaos Beholder buffing all the mobs for you...
    It does. Made the end fight of Lord of Eyes a lot tougher with three of them out.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Thanks Junts, the information was already in previous posts. Although I will dispute the Armoured Beholder having the Anti-Magic beam. I stood in front of them lots. Not a single buff went.

Still, back to the point. What Quest/Raid run wouldn't be more exciting? When the healers are all hit with Anti-Magic spikes? Unable to heal the group? And everyone needs to scatter and think on their feet for a moment as a whole hoarde of enemies bares down on them? And everyone without natural immunities are now slow as heck and without most of their protections?

Pots are useful again.

I'd rather have that than just standing there on my FvS, casting away with impunity.

J1NG
    I agree; however, there are too many noobs with too much QQ for this to get implimented.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123