Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Feedback - Quest - The Sane Asylum

All of The Twelve is buzzing with concern about the creatures of Xoriat and what plans they might have in Xen'drik. Horace Neble has been rumored to have informants in place and may have more information. Find him in the Tower of the The Twelve and see if he might need some help.

After running this new adventure, please use this thread to provide feedback on this quest.

In addition to forum feedback, we are also looking for your feedback in an online survey. The survey should will only take a few minutes. When giving the survey feedback we request you run the quest with a level appropriate character, generally 16 - 20 in this case, if at all possible. To participate in the survey browse to the URL (http://preview.U10-SANE-LM.sgizmo.com/s3/).

Community Member

This quest was seriously confusing. We couldn't help but get lost because of the visual obscurity.

Community Member

I really liked the quest, quite easy but i ran it on a lvl 20 toon on normal so I wont complain about that.
    It was a bit hard to navigate but that I liked, it shouldnt be too linear and obvious. I liked the search for tunnels though it was a bit too easy, I'd like to see a puzzle or two to be able to break the floors in there.

Loved seeing fred in a quest.

One thing: All the dialogues with fred are bugged, you cant click your way through them as usual, every time you choose a dialoge answer it ends the dialogue and puts Freds dialoge over his head, you need to click on him again for every time you tell him something. Gets annoying and makes it feel broken.
    Last edited by thenalim; 06-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Ran on normal with a level 20 Rogue and a hireling.

I liked the quest. The story was slightly confusing (why are we destroying daydreams and nightmares and such?), however I loved seeing Fred and his dialogues were wonderful. The invisible floor trick was really cool the first time it happened.

I found Fred's puzzle fiendishly difficult. Good job there. Took my brother and I combined about 10 minutes to figure it out the first time.

The fight with Nurse Ratchet was difficult on a melee simply because of the constant telekinesis. It might possibly be nice if the telekinesis didn't go off quite as often, since it is an effect that disproportionately affects melees. Perhaps another spell or two could be used--I'd like to see a binding/restraining spell to go along with the asylum theme, with another damage spell thrown in so characters aren't constantly flying through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by clkpacker View Post
    The fight with Nurse Ratchet was difficult on a melee simply because of the constant telekinesis. It might possibly be nice if the telekinesis didn't go off quite as often, since it is an effect that disproportionately affects melees. Perhaps another spell or two could be used--I'd like to see a binding/restraining spell to go along with the asylum theme, with another damage spell thrown in so characters aren't constantly flying through the air.
    You could just invest a bit in your willsave.. Willsave negates telekinesis. Could for example, get the robe from the last series (common drop in fear factory), add +10 will save to it, and kerblam, no more telekesis. IMO a better soultion then asking for a nerf. Tho yea telekesis is mostly just funny, rather then very devastating attack in this area, since theres no where to fall off where you fight her..

Maybe they should open up the area and add a spike pit of death for her to shoot you into =)

My sorc has a moderate will save of about 25 unbuffed when I fought her (i didnt bother to buff), was enough to save almost all the time vs telekinese.

Kinda of a joke of a boss for a sorc. I thought it might be hard, since I was water savant fighting a ice beholder - and the other ice beholders ive encoutered wered immune to ice spells.

Yet.. This boss one - has no cold resistance. Nor any fire resist, or any other defensess of any sort.. Rather pathetic imo.

Her special attack was neat I guess, but far too easy to dodge, and not that devastating if you dont dodge. (minimal damage, souldrain debuff easily removed by waiting 18 secs or drinking a curse pot)

I actually had to kinda purposely get hit by it to see what it was, since she mainly did ranged attacks, and often moved away from me when she did it (tho she actually sometimes teleports onto you before activating it, she then moves away usually)

another pathetic so called beholder, who has no anti magic aura, nor enervate rays.. The new casual ddo, meh. The weak chaosbeholder boss was tougher, he at least had some help in the form of taken, and a way to insta kill you if you were unlucky (pirmstic spray)

mm well only ran it on normal.. Maybe offers something more challeng on hard/elite.
    Last edited by Shade; 06-02-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    You could just invest a bit in your willsave.. Willsave negates telekinesis.
    I didn't even realize Telekinesis had a save. That's what I get for not paying attention; thanks.

Tho yea telekesis is mostly just funny, rather then very devastating attack in this area, since theres no where to fall off where you fight her..
    Not devasting so much as annoying--she heals herself, and as I was on a solo Rogue my DPS was already really low because of a lack of SA. Fight was simply obnoxiously long because I had to keep running back to her :P.

Another thing that bothered me: what is that blue aura around the edges of the screen? It didn't seem to do anything. Was that the thing that was letting you see through floors?

Quote Originally Posted by clkpacker
    Another thing that bothered me: what is that blue aura around the edges of the screen? It didn't seem to do anything. Was that the thing that was letting you see through floors?
    Yes, maybe. There were three or four different visual effects (on your screen) that changed what you could see in the dungeon.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by clkpacker View Post
    Blue auras? Screens?
    Clearly you've gone insane. Theres no such things. Move along, move along home.

Nagivating was a little confusing. I suppose that's okay, since it's supposed to be Xorian themed... but hitting the same cell for the 15th time and wondering what I'm missing on my map in such a small (yes, small) quest got on my nerves.

Monsters seemed good.

No idea what the Mind Flayer optional was, or how to complete it. Not exactly sure what was going on there. Fred look freed to me, but I didn't see any completion. Got a chest out of it, I think.

No idea what the Head Nurse's special attack is - I hid whenever it came. So, I guess the warnings were good.

The three named Renders respawned - supposed to happen?

There was an area to the Southwest of the main room where I could see a tunnel on my map, but never found out how to get to it - was there something below reception, perhaps? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    There was an area to the Southwest of the main room where I could see a tunnel on my map, but never found out how to get to it - was there something below reception, perhaps? I don't know.
    Nah. It's nicely non linear unlike the first quest. Has 2 ways to enter the asylum.. Go left from the start and youll pop outa that tunnel.

Nah. It's nicely non linear unlike the first quest. Has 2 ways to enter the asylum.. Go left from the start and youll pop outa that tunnel.
    Gotcha.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ran this solo on my 20 fvs Tabora. Was a nice little non-linear quest, would be nice if nightshield stopped the force attacks, but meh...puzzle was a bit of a pain, but once I figured out the solution, was pleasantly surprised. Got the chest from Fred. Never figured out how to kill the right and wrong eyes, since after saving Fred, just ran down and killed Ratchet...2 bb's and a couple searing lights and she was gone.

Just a mention, can't seem to bug report on Lama, so small sp error in quest journal after you finish quest...2nd to last sentence, 2nd to last word should be once instead of one

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Hey look, there's Durk.

Hi Durk!

He's fun. I took the north street passage. This quest is reminding me a lot of Missing, which I loved. I'm liking the new music too. But that nasty trap? Not so much, it almost incinerated me on Casual! Not that that's a bad thing of course. Looks like this was a secret entrance into the place. The receptionist is very large for a dwarf. Weird floors appearing is awesome. Weird floors with an optional for finding more of them... even more awesome.

Killed Daydream a bunch of times pulling his lever, but it didn't advance the objective. Killed Nightmare, advanced the objective, but he respawned. Why am I invisible? Why are almost all the monsters respawning? The named beholders were invulnerable then made a whooshing noise and became vulnerable or another took it's place. That's probably normal given how weird this place is. Killed both of them with damage over times at once. One killed me too with Finger. Finally used the Starter Siberys Cake I've been carrying for 16 levels.

Gave up trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in the asylum and took a DDoor. Explored alternate route at the start, Alternate routes are awesome. Why am I taking the brains of these stormreach citizens? Eww. Hey look, another render who's an objective. I guess we're supposed to bring DDoor if we're meant to do both ways. But now I'm see in grayscale instead of being invisible. And he didn't advance it either. Why are these guards not attacking me?

Oh look there's nightmare again. Didn't I already kill him? But he's at a different spot. And now the door I couldn't open earlier opened... it just spawned Daydream each time I flicked the lever before. Flicked it again. Another Daydream. Still no objective for ending him. I can see in colors once more. Flick it again, take him outside. But now the gate is closed and he leashed back.

Ask in general chat for help. No response. Conquest bonus from killing all the respawns. Out of sp. Try going back to the hidden upside down shrine. But the floor is there instead. Maybe I have to be invisible with the titan screen glowy to get there again? How to become invisible? Walk into big room with lots of cushions. Hear reaver attacking me through wall. Look behind me. There's a mindflayer! Kill it. Hear reaver at wall again. Look at wall. Look behind me. There's Daydream again. Kill him and objective completes.

Be happy for once I'm a savant with SLAs... the tank is empty. Still no closer to finding reality again or becoming invisible for the shrine. Echoes of power let me cast jump to go back to the incinerators. Run through them, back into the asylum. Still not invisible again. Good thing I brought a fresh stack of reconstruction scrolls. Music starting to get annoying. Respawns especially annoying. Hey look there's Nightmare again. What are we missing? Well at least we're getting lots of brain samples.

Kill nightmare and I'm invisible with the glowy blue things again. Oh look there's a mindflayer beside me now. I can see through some walls again into barred windows. And floors! Does that mean I can shrine again? See door near me and go in. Looks like I missed a lever before. Flick lever and in comes Reality. Well at least I haven't killed him 20 times. Killing him makes the objective! But now it's grayscale again. But worse... the door I entered through is now a wall. No shrine I guess. Happy I didn't delete my savant. Mindflayers attacking through the wall. Casting spells through the wall. But can't find them, hope the sound effects stop. Creepy giant eyeball is creepy. Doesn't seem to like my shoes.

More door with levers. Press the levers. Patient says eyes never sleep. Guess I didn't kill him before. He dies now. And now I have the blue glowy effect again. But still can't see through walls. Annoying mindflayer who's been casting spells at me for a minute gets to die. And now I get to shrine? No, the floor is still there. More eyes for brains. Think maybe I should kill Daydream again. But I can't. There is a closed door to the reception area he's in. And I can't use the levers nearby anymore. Remember I never drank a single sp pot this life. Inventory is full of them. Yummy.

Go back to creepy eye. Reality didn't respawn. That is good right? See new path I didn't use yet. Person says eye never sleeps. Other guys said eyes never sleep. See no new exit. Fireball eye. Nothing happens. Acid rain eye. Nothing happens. Banish eye? No target. Ray of exhaustion eye. Nothing happens. Death aura eye?? No damage. Jump through eye? Works! But just a graphics glitch. Give up. Music getting really annoying. Run around aimlessly. Get more brains.

See more creepy eyes I didn't see before. New passage? Flick lever. New passage! Try walking into room. Bump head on ceiling instead. Silly TR3 warforged. See smaller area to walk into. Room is empty. But what's down the hall? Is that a rest shrine? Woohoo. Must be something bad nearby. Enter next room. Oh great more beholders. Wait no, this is different area. Almost fall down into river by accident. More creepy eyes. Great. Fred??

Yay new music. Even puzzle music is better than that other one. Flip tile. Creepy eyes are creepy. Talk to fred. Found dragonshard in Acute Delirium. Fred doesn't want it? Weird. Casts the big one? Uh oh, we'll see. A chest! This dungeon is pretty lousy for those. Second one. More eyes more brains. Notice evil eyes don't count for kill counts. But not like I didn't have conquest a half hour ago.

A hole. Attacked by beholder as soon as I hit bottom. Uh oh where's my deathblock? Put it on in time. DM says to run. I can't run because.... I don't know. Ice storm is the big one? Move. Beholder teleports to my butt. Move more. Reconstruct scroll. Melf's Acid Arrow. Repeat a bunch of times. Never see some humongous attack. Beholder dies. Greyscale goes away... but teleported away too before I could check out her room. Back in asylum again oh no.

casual Completion time: 82 minutes.

This post's weirdness is intentional. I had the window open while doing the quest, and it was starting to drive me bonkers IRL. Thoughtdump of the last 40ish mins
    Last edited by Crazyfruit; 06-05-2011 at 02:39 AM.

FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    Hey look, there's Durk.

Hi Durk!

This post's weirdness is intentional. I had the window open while doing the quest, and it was starting to drive me bonkers IRL. Thoughtdump of the last 40ish mins
    Working as intended.

Yes, this was done by the same dev as Sunken Parish and Ghost of a Chance.

That puzzle still has a surprise left in it...

Ty for feedback guys.

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Default Madness!!!

I thought the whole theme of the pack was madness and insanity from the xoriat the plane of insanity it only makes sense that the quest is confusing and insane it goes well with the theme of the pack

The puzzle was insanely long and hard.
    as a guy who solves easily and quickly the puzzle in the IQ quest for fun, This puzzle was driving me insane, just what ill expect from a puzzle in a chain that talks about xoriat ^^
    ~ P h o e n i x - K n i g h t s ~
    ~Thyron || Trysania || Syzore ♠Orien♠ Orcitous || Thyborn || Kruusk~

Quote Originally Posted by SyZoRe View Post
    The puzzle was insanely long and hard.
    as a guy who solves easily and quickly the puzzle in the IQ quest for fun, This puzzle was driving me insane, just what ill expect from a puzzle in a chain that talks about xoriat ^^
    The puzzle is optional.

For me, I wanted to do it, but never got the option. Simply killing the 2 named beholders in the optional sides seems to destroy the puzzle. Couldnt figure out how to get into the third optional, or what it did.

Aye, you have to do the puzzle before the beholders. It's also worth like 50% of the quest experience.

Did the quest twice more today just to see how other people'd do in there. Bonus feedback time!

Saw a friend from Llamania and joined him on his quest. Didn't spoil him at all other than saying not to save the shrine & not to kill a render when we had the exit in sight. He liked the creepy floors. The reavers were difficult to kill as an acid savant (yay difficulty!) due to their resistances & did decent damage to us. We used around 100 reconstruct/repair scrolls. He also had his brain nommed while we were blasted (just the two of us for scaling) without a chance to do anything.

We were trying to solve Fred's puzzle from the outside for a few minutes before realizing we could enter. Reminded us of Sunken Parish. Same designer? Either way, awesome puzzle & also glad to see it's optional. Took about 15 minutes to solve it. Found some slugs in the chest too no one else had posted on the forums.

This time the boss cursed us with her special effect when portalling to us & saying to run. No deaths though, was relatively easy, especially with putting cold resist on this time.

normal Quest completion: 52 minutes.

During that run I had a tell from another LLama player who needed help finding the optionals and with the boss. A level 20 bard, with lightning 2 greataxe, had extreme difficulty trying to kill the beholders while solo. We recalled out to help him defeat Nurse Ratchet. My level 20 wizard friend got incapped running through the incinerator. With 3 people scaling her battle went a lot differently.... She'd portal to our butts and kill us with "Something nasty" doing like 350 damage. All 3 of us died in that fight, but luckily not all at once & finishing resurrected us.

normal Quest completion: 71 minutes.

Shard of Xoriat is totally awesome. Also not exclusive. Sadly it's charges are eaten by the threnal cloak. Mindflayer used a fire wall on a fire elemental in the next quest haha.

The puzzle is optional.

For me, I wanted to do it, but never got the option. Simply killing the 2 named beholders in the optional sides seems to destroy the puzzle. Couldnt figure out how to get into the third optional, or what it did.
    The puzzle took me 45 minutes lol.. was cool in the start but afterward it just drove me crazy
    ~ P h o e n i x - K n i g h t s ~
    ~Thyron || Trysania || Syzore ♠Orien♠ Orcitous || Thyborn || Kruusk~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast