Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    Try running with a light monk. Grasp of the earth dragon prevents this.

Also try using tactics, when mindflayers are tripped... or cometfalled they are easy prey.
    Can't trip while weilding ranged weapons and my rogue is not particularly strong anyway. I bet that a scrolled comet fall isn't going to do much against a lev 17 elite mob. I need to try that though...

Another method is to run with a summoned pet, let them grab aggro, and then come in on the backside of the mindflayer, as their control spells are not 360 degrees... and do not work behind them.
    This is what I was trying, but the summons / hirelings all agro on the patients trapped in the cells. Trying to get them to focus on the mindflayer is futile. Also hard to get a summons that can hold agro even for a few seconds whilst I'm backstabbing, especially as they're not much more resistant to mind blast/hold/dominate/dance than I am.

Another method is not to use a repeater rogue solo
    Where's the fun in that? :-P

Community Member

Default Bug?

Not sure if others had this issue but. This is the second time I have run the quest. both on casual. the first time I never found a way to get to the two beholders so I went and solved the puzzle to get Fred out (nice challenge btw). The second time I found the beholders and when I got to Fred he was already out of the stone prison and the puzzle was done. Is this suppost to happen if you kill the two beholders? Is it a one or the other optional? If so I am going with Fred for the XP even if takes a minute to do the puzzle. And second before I could drop down to kill the Nurse she came up top and I kiled her in the hall. Once killed I teleport to Fred and he locks the door. I am not able to complete the quest because I have not 'Find the source of madness' and the door is locked to jump down the that area. These might not be bugs but the later might be a serious problem, especially if those that think it is confusing will get frustrated and not want to run it again. Just a thought. Otherwise I think the quest is pretty good, other than the graphics for the reality, nightmare, daydream.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

@RynOlak:
    Yes, on the puzzle...mostly, go back to page 3 and read my post there on how to get both optionals. As to the Nurse Ratchet coming up top..that would be a bad bug...make sure you report it. Especially if it doesn't let you get completion.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    @RynOlak:
    Yes, on the puzzle...mostly, go back to page 3 and read my post there on how to get both optionals. As to the Nurse Ratchet coming up top..that would be a bad bug...make sure you report it. Especially if it doesn't let you get completion.

Saal
    Reported the bug and I will take a look at the information you posted about getting all optionals. Thanks.

FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by RynOlak View Post
    I am not able to complete the quest because I have not 'Find the source of madness' and the door is locked to jump down the that area.
    Ouchie, not good.

i have yet to figure out how to get to that 3rd tunnel ive tried everything i can think of. any solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    i have yet to figure out how to get to that 3rd tunnel ive tried everything i can think of. any solutions?
    well theres the 2 easy ones with the beholders.. third ones similar, a floor breaks near the pathway over there, but ... I think you need to be in a certain "mode" for the floor to break:

Not sure which one, but I got it by just trying all 3, before I did the other sides (as the named outsiders stop spawning at some point)

EG:
    Start with "nightmare" mode
    then try "daydream"
    then try reality

iirc I got it on the first try tho, but it may be random which mode it breaks on.. as another run I only tried nightmare again, and that didnt go.

If I might ask flimsy, have we still not found the last secret of the puzzle?

and I still can't do the puzzle or get to the beholders. Have been trying for an hour a day for a week. I'll be one of those who won't be investing any money into the new pack because of this one mission and the visual effects give me headaches.
    Veriden, Orien server: Lost count of lives. 3 of all base classes, 3 halfling, 2 gnome...working on trying to make the game work again. May or may not return.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    and I still can't do the puzzle or get to the beholders.
    To get to beholders (or other secret rooms):
    1. Get into fuzzy mode by killing a demon
    2. Go inside prisoner cells while the prisoner is still inside.
    3. The floor will break and drop you to a tunnel to the beholder (or other bonus, like the shrine)

(Say): Freed Fred says, 'Fine, have it your way. You don't even care where I was hiding that chest, do you? Loot, loot your soul away!'

Maybe it has something to do with that... I'll look for it next time... hmmm

*edit* nope I'm stumped, I look EVERYWHERE even the back entrance(which I just now found).
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-13-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

To get to secret passages, I usually just do nightmare mode as: do reception and open door to "ward". Invis, go into sneak mode, go right, first left and straight, this brings you to Nightmare demon(fire, fire!!). Kill demon quickly and get his sight pattern, then go to where the "red doors" are and open them, step thru and floors will break. Note: there are 4 of these doors, so be careful which you open, you want to keep your Nightmare sight and not kill next demon before you have opened all the optional corridors if you want all chests in here.(and all optional xp)

Saal

On occasion, you will have to get one of the inmates to follow you into one of the passageway rooms...kiting works
    Last edited by Saaluta; 06-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Alanim View Post
    If I might ask flimsy, have we still not found the last secret of the puzzle?
    That was just the fact that the puzzle is semi-random, so any one solution is not guaranteed to work.

FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    and I still can't do the puzzle or get to the beholders. Have been trying for an hour a day for a week.
    What exactly are you having a problem with?

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That was just the fact that the puzzle is semi-random, so any one solution is not guaranteed to work.
    BTW, I really like this.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    BTW, I really like this.
    /this.

One of my favorite puzzles is the Sunken Parish one. It's not obvious at all, but the key to solving that is to make sure that you go over an odd number of the straight tiles (the ones that don't have an L shape) in the middle section. This can, of course, be somewhat awkward for some placements of the special tile, and stops one solution from always working.

What is missing on that puzzle, however, is something for the rest of the party to do in the 30-120 seconds it takes you to figure out the puzzle solution.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Going to alternate reality state got me the two beholder tunnels quickly and easily. Getting the third shrine / chest tunnel took me a lot longer, on my first run.
    You can see the tunnel on the map, and that tells you roughly where the cell you need is. My problem was that the cell is walled up when I try to get close. There may be a path going through other cells, but I didn't find one (may not have looked very hard). If you switch reality, the wall is gone, but the floor won't activate, obviously.
    What I ended up doing (when soloing) was to enter one mode, park my hirelings where the correct demon was spawned (can't remember which one) and then make my way to the cell (which is accessible in that mode). I then turned them from 'passive' to 'aggressive'. They killed the demon and the cell floor could then be activated.
    The barrier that prevented me from getting to the main area of the quest disappeared when I did this, so that the hirelings could run to me if I commanded them.

All you're missing is a chest and a shrine (and a little EXP). It's a nice puzzle, but I'm not sure I'd do it very often.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    What is missing on that puzzle, however, is something for the rest of the party to do in the 30-120 seconds it takes you to figure out the puzzle solution.
    why post on forums ofc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SyZoRe View Post
    Ok, for the sake of all who got stuck in the puzzle and don't wanna die of crazy-ness, i solved the puzzle (for the 4th time, but this time i left the last tile unsolved so i can take pics.)

***SPOILER ALERT***

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...shot00488.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...shot00489.jpg/

(just switch the last tile to solve)

yea.. solving puzzles are fun untill you stuck in there for 45 minutes.. ^^

enjoy
    this didnt work for me.still couldnt solve the puzle!what tile do you class as the last tile?
    Last edited by akpavker; 06-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SyZoRe View Post
    Ok, for the sake of all who got stuck in the puzzle and don't wanna die of crazy-ness, i solved the puzzle (for the 4th time, but this time i left the last tile unsolved so i can take pics.)

***SPOILER ALERT***

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...shot00488.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...shot00489.jpg/

(just switch the last tile to solve)

yea.. solving puzzles are fun untill you stuck in there for 45 minutes.. ^^

enjoy
    i rerun this quest the second time this pattern did compleat the puzzle.it appears there are different instances for the puzzle.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast