Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Manager

Default An Official Guide to Cannith Crafting!

Click here for our Official Cannith Crafting Guide!
    Last edited by Cuser74b; 04-14-2022 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Updated URL
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Looks like a good beginner's guide, good job

/hopes it is better than the official paths and character guides...

Quote Originally Posted by Guide
    Create items with more power… and lower minimum levels!
    Any idea when this part will be true?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cam_Neely View Post
    Any idea when this part will be true?
    It's true now, for items. Not for weapons, though. Robes of Invulnerability, Gloves of Disable Device, Cloak of Charisma, those kinds of items will have a lower ML than random non-BTA, non-RR lootgen items.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    It's true now, for items. Not for weapons, though. Robes of Invulnerability, Gloves of Disable Device, Cloak of Charisma, those kinds of items will have a lower ML than random non-BTA, non-RR lootgen items.
    ah thats good to know thanks. I tested it with PG and had the issue, and was not sure if it was just random effects (such as PG) or limited to just effects on weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    I have not found that to be the case. Quite the opposite actually. I wonder if it is item-by-item specific? Seems unlikely but ... /shrug

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    I have not found that to be the case. Quite the opposite actually. I wonder if it is item-by-item specific? Seems unlikely but ... /shrug
    Really? Every crafted item follows the same formula. Add all the +s from the upper right hand corner, double, and subtract one (one of the problems is that lootgen weapons do not use this formula, they use a better one).

BUT, non-weapon shards mostly have a + that's one less than the equivalent lootgen item (this is the other problem with crafted weapons). A +7 disable device shard is only a +3 shard, making it a ml 5 item; the lootgen equivalent is ml 7. An Invulnerability shard is +1, making it a ml 0 item (instead of ml 1, not that there's a difference), whereas you'll see those robes as ML 4 for normal items. It varies a bit for +stat items, because a +1 stat item is ml 0 under either system, but a +2 is normally ml 5, but only ml 3 when crafted, and that level gap remains as you go up.

Check the + on the corner of the shards you're using, the items should follow that formula and be lower level than their lootgen equivalents. Except weapons.

This is an awesome resource and guide.. thanks for putting it together for those of us who have been away from the game for a bit and have returned only to be somewhat overwhelmed by crafting. I still don't know what exactly I should be aiming for with crafting, but at least now I know better how to try it out.

Community Manager

To be fair, the guide was published several weeks ago, but I wanted to add it as a sticky to the Crafting section here. But thanks, everyone, for the kind words! The writers will be glad to hear that it was well-received.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Very nice!

And please relay my thanks to the device manufacturers, I really appreciate the safety features designed to keep my characters from being "mildly killed".

Well... It not supposed to be easy to understand? Why that crafting system must be so complicated…?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Well the easy part is figuring out the progression, which goes +1 lv 1, +2 lv 3, +3 lv 5, +4 lv 7...

The hard part is finding which shard has which modifier and wether it differs from random loot.

This is the case with the shards of enhancement bonus for weapons since weapons used to be on even levels rather than on odd levels.
    Thus you can find a +3 weapon that is lv 4 but if you want to craft one it turns out lv 5.

A must have for my toons is a holy weapon, the shard is +2 modifier so i can make a +1 holy weapon that is +3 modifier and lv 5, which is again lv 4 on random loot.

On the other hand you can make a non-magical holy weapon that is lv 3 without an enhancement bonus.
    But i assume that's not WAI and think there's already a thread where a dev stated it was not WAI indeed.

Besides, one would expect that a "weapon with a special ability must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus" as quoted from PnP.
    Though the DDO rules aren't that tight, and have historically allowed masterwork with +1 enhancement bonus at the same time, among other random gen oddities.

I *love* the Whiteboard of Cannith - did Cannith subcontract Garth?
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Could you possibly add screenshots of one or two top-notch items that can be crafted with a mid-range crafting skill?

I'm thinking something like a Greater Necromancy Focus Ring (Medium or Large Guild Augment Slot), a +4 Holy Silver Khopesh of Lawful/Evil Outsider Bane (maybe with a guild slot, but these aren't as potent on weapons), or a +1 Vicious Flametouched Iron Maul (or Greatclub) of Undead Bane.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

HAHA!

"Others, like sticking existing Shards into 'craftable' items, are so straight-forward that you could succeed just by rolling your face on the eldritch device practically."

I have to say, this guide was actually pretty useful and had good info in it, and it read like a cracked article as opposed to a novel which made it pretty enjoyable and useful.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

I only have 1 request really.

PUT THE WORD PREFIX on any shard or recipe that makes a PREFIX power

........... and

PUT THE WORD SUFFIX on any shard or recipe that makes a SUFFIX power

I am just darn tired of trying to guess... it is a glaring error

FIX IT

yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    I only have 1 request really.

PUT THE WORD PREFIX on any shard or recipe that makes a PREFIX power

........... and

PUT THE WORD SUFFIX on any shard or recipe that makes a SUFFIX power

I am just darn tired of trying to guess... it is a glaring error

FIX IT

yesterday
    In the crafting window, mouse over the shard prior to creating it.

It will either be called (examples)

Holy Shard
    -or-
    Shard of Pure Good

Pretend that Shard = Weapon. Then you know you can make a Holy of Pure Good weapon.

It is already telling you what is prefix, and what is suffix.

Not at home right now - I'll try to provide Screenies later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    In the crafting window, mouse over the shard prior to creating it.

It will either be called (examples)

Holy Shard
    -or-
    Shard of Pure Good

Pretend that Shard = Weapon. Then you know you can make a Holy of Pure Good weapon.

It is already telling you what is prefix, and what is suffix.

Not at home right now - I'll try to provide Screenies later.
    A) You gave a good answer, so thanks for that (seriously)- even though I already knew it would work- it is a good reminder.

B) It does not meet the requirement needed for easy use. I know I may sound ungrateful- but the Prefix ans suffix should be boldly labeled on the rec. Big, and unavoidable. Allow it as an option to turn off for folks if you like, but it should be sortable as well. Not for us- for new players to crafting. It is easy to see this as it fits to experienced players, but for new players, more labels = better.

muffinsorts.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Default Is the U32 still on track for the 13th of Sept.?

As the title states...is the update still slated for the 13th?
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast