Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Request a UI skin, get a UI skin.

DISCLAIMER: If I get many requests, I may not be able to complete all of them. I am sorry if I don't get to yours.
    DISCLAIMER2: The more detailed, the more likely I'll do it.

Alright, lets get right down to it.
    There isn't many good UI skins out there, a few, but not that many.
    And it could very easily be that a lot of ppl don't like those skins. They just don't fit them.
    Well, here's your chance.
    Figured out how to do it, been taking a lot of classes at college, a few including photoshop and graphical design and stuff. So why not?
    If you want a UI skin made for you, here are the things I want.

Colors. Details!!!
    Anything special? *stars instead of bubbles for ranks, Link as your arrow avatar on the minimap, etc*
    Do you want it to be simple and down to earth, or try and make it showy? Like the giant Old English letters with the designs and whatnot.

Keep it detailed. I don't want to see a request say something like I want it to be blue and cool.
    I will ignore it.

Note: It may take up to two weeks for me to finish a skin and upload.
    Expected time is about a week though.

If I choose yours, I will private message you and let you know that I like the idea and will take it on. And I will private message you a link to download it after.

Please post in this thread instead of private messaging me.
    I try to reserve my PM's for important things such as trades and guild stuff.

Links:

Link Map Avatar
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...MapAvatar.html
    Last edited by Tunst; 06-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.

really, nothing?

bummer

How about some elemental skins for the savants and maybe a Pale Master one (very necro specific)?

Earth: Green + Brown tones (maybe a slight radioactive type color for the acid) with small rocks as the level dots?
    Fire: Red and Orange with small flames
    Air: White/Pale transparencies with lightning bolts*
    Cold: Deep and light blues with similar transparencies with snowflakes

Necro: Go very goth with deep reds and blacks. Skull markers on the levels and corners?

*key for me at this time
    Last edited by Grimgore; 05-31-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Community Member mindlessdrone1991's Avatar

If you can actually make Link the symbol on the mini-map instead of the little blue arrow, I'd love that.

But it might be too much effort for just one change. And I wouldn't know how to apply it to my game anyway after downloading. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    a ‘tank’ build that can’t hurt anything is about as useful as a blow-up doll with no holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJoe View Post
    Play the character the way you like and don't worry about what the math gamers say; you won't be in the top cell of the DPS spreadsheet, but you probably don't play DDO in Excel.

Ok:

A blue backing-white text UI. Relatively no frills, maybe make the verticals look Roman-column-ish. Trajan style font.

Ivy-pattern instead for frilling focus orb / map circlet, maybe with SPQR for the orb.

Alesthane - Chorwynt - Glyndwyr - Hasta - Azzad - Chereneko - Threesee - Ziggystar - Pfipher - Zaathras - MajorisUrsa - Eichenauer - Cherneko - Kwayzaar - Gweirwyn - RedArray - Arbengwr - Aryett - Bhokz - Escobhaul - Formerprez - Maarkenward - MacDoel - MacIntyre - Ritterstan = Khyber

the savants and necro arent bad ideas. i may give it a try.

and, i actually already made link. i use that file for all my skins

uhm, the last request...
    im using a powered up version of paint.
    or a dumbed down version of Photoshop CS5.

plus i cant change the fonts. >.>

I'll take a stab at it:

I want it blue and cool looking.

j/k j/k...

More serious:
    I'm currently using the ddo lite skin, and love it so that I have less menu stuff to look at while playing the game.

Basically I want something very minimal yet still look great on things that are unavoidable!

on another skin, that only changes one thing... (but a good idea imo.) is the compass has N, E, S, W on it so you always know which direction your going. I'd love to have the same thing.

on the minimalist side, any menu's/bars/etc that can be made see through, I'd like that.
    Square menu's reduced to circles is another thing I'd like.

I'm very happy with the way ddolite treats the skillbars - so that can stay the same. (but im sure you'll have to make it anyways.)

For the leveling bar, how about make the progression different colors:
    first dot red,
    second dot yellow
    third dot green
    last dot blue

instead of dots how about the letters:
    L V L
    and then for the last dot, an upwards arrow!

and lastly when the experience bar is already leveled, instead of turning blue, how about white?
    In fact for anything else where there needs to be a color, and can't be made see through - white is the default color I would like.
    Homer: "Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."

How about a Halfling Commandos skin?

• All of the frames would be as small as possible, maximizing viewable play space.
    • Anything that can't be made invisible would be Forest Camoflauge.
    • Square, sharp corners, except where doing so would decrease viewable play area.
    • The focus orb should look like a targeting reticule (scope?).
    • The mini map should look like a compass.
    • The quest goals UI should look like a briefing folder (when the UI is visible)
    • The major UIs should have a title "Halfling Commandos" (using Army or a similar stencil font) and a subtitle "An Army of One Half". Or maybe this should be on the main game menu only? Not too big tho, don't want to accidentally decrease viewable play area. Maybe as a watermark?
    • If that is hard or looks bad, some way to work this in as a watermark? Or a better version of it? Or maybe not on the UIs but somewhere? I can get a cleaner version of this if it is something you think you could use
    • I don't know if you can change the paper doll on the inventory UI but if so it should definitely be a Halfling outline
    • The experience progress bar should be Camo too
    • Instead of open dots for ranks, have a silhouette of this guy Then when the rank is acheived, cover him with the international sign for Not (circle with a diagonal bar through it). Or maybe I should ask for a better version of that guy (my MSPaint skills are lacking )

Too silly?
    Last edited by geoffhanna; 05-31-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunst View Post
    the savants and necro arent bad ideas. i may give it a try.
    If you are going to go that direction, you could do something similar with the other classes. A wild, but strong appearance for a barbarian, for example. Something artsy for a bard. Stealthy and shadowy for a Rogue. Armor and weapons for a fighter. Curls of arcane energy, vials, and velium scrolls for wizards. Of course, Druids would get an earth, tree, and plant feel... Oh wait, nevermind.

You could do skins for races. Wood, Metal, and Stone for warforged. Greys and blues with sliming, delicate lines for Drows. Horcs could be tribal, and Humans could have a sort of construction/industrial feel. Dwarves get a stone/construction theme.

**EDIT
    You know what would be really awesome? A Tasty Ham and a Broccoli Theme.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

halfling commandos....
    i just....
    i dunno what to say.

btw guys, i cannot do the following things
    change xp bar color, it will always fill purple and change to blue.
    i can change the dots on the right of it, even the purple/clue part.
    but all 5 must remain the same since it uses one file for all 5 of them.

How about an example? Eq had a ui skin package called Vert. Clean, subtle. Cant find a pic though dang it
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

Quote Originally Posted by Tunst View Post
    halfling commandos....
    i just....
    i dunno what to say.
    Hey you asked

Maybe Baldur's Gate I themed?
    Panels, menus, hotbars etc made of stone, spells with icons made from 1 color (red for offensive spells cast on enemy, blue for devensive spells cast on allies, white for others, including offensive buffs) and simple, sugestive shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I would love to have one that has 70% transparency. The lack of monitor spanning in Win7 has me down to only one monitor, and annoyed at that fact.

Default I would like:

A nice navy blue background. The background wouldn't be just plain navy blue, it would recede to a regular blue tone, but not too light, but have a shiny feel to it. Also, i would like nice shiny gold borders around my UI. Also you can make a twilight theme like my forum avatar, I like the space feel of it.

Can't go wrong with Navy Blue and Gold.

Some of the custom UI make the map change color too, so I would like the map color to remain the same.
    Last edited by Wizard_Zero; 05-31-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Community Member fluffybunnywilson's Avatar

I would like it to be blue and cool.

In all seriousness, the thing that I would most like changed in the DDO interface is tick marks for player HP and enemy HP at 25%, 50% and 75%.

Being able to call out "Harry's at 50" when he actually is at 50% would help soothe my OCD.

Community Member

If at all possible and I don't know if it is. Something like the cockpit of the x-wing fighter from star wars IV A New Hope would be greatly appreciated.

as for the starry, night feel asked.
    you could try this one
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=281647

and i know blackbird has 25%, 50% and 75% markers for both your hp, sp, and focus orb hp/sp.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=315299

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Maybe Baldur's Gate I themed?
    Panels, menus, hotbars etc made of stone, spells with icons made from 1 color (red for offensive spells cast on enemy, blue for devensive spells cast on allies, white for others, including offensive buffs) and simple, sugestive shape.
    i cannot change spell icons.

alright guys, as for now, im going to go with something that was a bit simple as you really test this out
    the air savant with lightning thing that was requested.
    should be done next week by wednesday. the 8th.
    latest by the 15th.

seeing as the savant are all fancy and new, and air seems to be one of the most popular, this seems a good choice.
    i hope you'll enjoy it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast