Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ytteri View Post
    1 hit: 97% chance of doublestrike not procing * 20% chance of off hand not procing
    2 hits: (97% chance of doublestrike not procing * 80% chance of off hand procing) + (3% doublestrike * 20% no offhand)
    3 hits: (80% offhand * 3% doublestrike main * 97% no doublestrike off) * 2 (switch which hand doublestrikes and which doesnt)
    4: 80% * 3% * 3%

If the rogue can hit the enemy on a 2, the "per swing" rate of 4 attacks HITTING would be 0.05864445%
    I'm sorry, but I still don't understand this. Why would you calculate it this way?

Assuming the to-hit rolls are successful:
    1 hit: (first main hand) 100%
    2 hits: (first offhand) 80%
    3 hits: (doublestrike main hand) (3% * 80%) 2.4%
    4 hits: (offhand proc'ed off double strike) (80% * 2.4%) 1.92%

So, to elaborate, there is a 100% chance of hitting with you main hand, an 80% chance of hitting with your main hand and offhand, a 2.4% chance to hit with your main hand, offhand and doublestriking with your main hand, and a 1.92% chance to hit with your main hand, offhand, doublestriking with your main hand and procing an offhand with your double strike.

I don't have the dev post to back it up, but my understanding was that every main hand attack had a chance to proc an offhand attack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolpenguin410 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I still don't understand this. Why would you calculate it this way?

Assuming the to-hit rolls are successful:
    1 hit: (first main hand) 100%
    2 hits: (first offhand) 80%
    3 hits: (doublestrike main hand) (3% * 80%) 2.4%
    4 hits: (offhand proc'ed off double strike) (80% * 2.4%) 1.92%

So, to elaborate, there is a 100% chance of hitting with you main hand, an 80% chance of hitting with your main hand and offhand, a 2.4% chance to hit with your main hand, offhand and doublestriking with your main hand, and a 1.92% chance to hit with your main hand, offhand, doublestriking with your main hand and procing an offhand with your double strike.

I don't have the dev post to back it up, but my understanding was that every main hand attack had a chance to proc an offhand attack.
    You can also get 2 hits from main hand + doublestrike with the offhand not proc'ing, which you didn't include. I think Ytteri got it right, asuming doublestrike procs offhand. Otherwise the 0.072% gets added to the triple hit chance.

You always get 2 assassination attempts. Always. Even with a shield in offhand. Even with nothing in offhand. These 2 attempts can even go onto multiple enemis as they are about a second apart from eachother. So you can assassinate 2 enemies that are about 1 second of sneaking apart.

I have, in fact, with faster sneaking 4 + haste + some twitch action assassinated enemies that are quite far apart.

As for offhand procs and doublestrikes, they will only give you extra attempts on your target. They won't add another kill, because they always proc on your current target. If the target is dead they won't do anything.
    Last edited by Truga; 05-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    You always get 2 assassination attempts. Always. Even with a shield in offhand. Even with nothing in offhand. These 2 attempts can even go onto multiple enemis as they are about a second apart from eachother. So you can assassinate 2 enemies that are about 1 second of sneaking apart.

I have, in fact, with faster sneaking 4 + haste + some twitch action assassinated enemies that are quite far apart.

As for offhand procs and doublestrikes, they will only give you extra attempts on your target. They won't add another kill, because they always proc on your current target. If the target is dead they won't do anything.
    Well, you can still attack with unarmed/shield, so I guess that makes sense, kind of. Do you still get two attempts when using a two handed weapon?

Anyway, yeah, faster sneaking and striding +30% boots are well worth investing into for this reason. In Running with the Devils, it's possible to assassinate both of the first eladrin guards where they stand with one attack.

Quote Originally Posted by suszterpatt View Post
    You can also get 2 hits from main hand + doublestrike with the offhand not proc'ing, which you didn't include. I think Ytteri got it right, asuming doublestrike procs offhand. Otherwise the 0.072% gets added to the triple hit chance.
    You mean hit with the main hand, not proc the offhand and get a double strike?

That would be .6% chance of happening. (20% chance to not proc offhand * 3% chance to double strike). You would then have an 80% chance to proc the offhand for a cumulative chance of .48%.

Main + no offhand + double strike + no offhand = 20%*3%*20% = .12%

You can also get 2 hits from main hand
    Or did you mean two hits with the main hand w/o doublestriking? Because then I would have NO idea what you mean.

Do you still get two attempts when using a two handed weapon?
    Oh. This I haven't tested. I guess I'll try it next time I remember. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12