Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Its not nonsensical when I petitioned for housing I used the logic that they could utilize the ddo store thus pulling in extra profits that way. Just because free to play brings in an influx of players does not mean the game does not need ways to continue to bring in revenue. It makes sense for them to make something that appeals to the masses and brings in potential revenue from it.

I am a VIP as well will continue to do so but just because I pay 15 bucks for this game a month does not mean that I don't want to see increase revenue potential and the best way to get any idea pushed threw is to figure out how it will work within the new ddo scheme and I am sorry coming across from a business approach is far better then asking for them to just do it because.
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    As a VIP I already pay for content, and PvP is part of that content.

Your argument that PvPers should 'put their money where their mouths are' is nonsensical since most of them already do by paying for content, VIP subs, and DDO items.
    I was VIP for about a year, then i went F2P. I still have access to PvP so how is it that people pay for PvP? They don't, no one does, and that is what the "title" of the thread is talking about. If PvP was made into a pack of maps, with expanded content and a reward system was put in, the the people who wanted it could pay for the pack, and VIPs would get it for free.

It could be an optional kind of like Korthos Island for people with vet status. You can participate if you want but it is not required. PvP will not be for favor ether, and so there will be no grinding needed for favor. If you look at my previous posts in this thread you can get an idea of what could happen for PvP. It encourages play but doesn't force it, it gives rewards but nothing unique, and it provides XP.

All that is there to draw in more players while also promoting PvE play and making Turbine money. As we all should know by now, when Turbine can make more money WE ALL BENEFIT from it. When Turbine makes more money from something then that is more money they can put back into it as well.

His whole attitude is mind boggling to me. This is the second time Ive seen him post such things and my attitude is so what if your a vip. To add things into the game we need to have resources and to make sure that these additions pay off completely.

yes ddo went free to play but if you really think its free Ive got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap. Some how some way people are going to end up paying unless they really have the testicular fortitude to grind out the tp needed to unlock things to 20 and beyond.

So yes I think its very fair to ask those who want to see a pvp addition or overhaul to put their money where their mouth is. Even as a VIP I pay for any extra perks that make the game fun for me, its call support and without said support I would not expect to see more fun additions added to the game.

It just seriously boggles my mind the sheer amount of things I read on these boards. I may not like pvp but I sure as heck like seeing a healthy profitable game. I didnt invest years of my life into having fun in storm reach to see it falter and if a pvp overhaul can bring in dollars and still not invade on my pve fun I am for it. But I just cannot understand some of these selfish posters who dare argue that they shouldn't have to pay or that it shouldnt be added for a profit. Everything goes back to making money.
    Lost Legions Officer and Resident Diva! *Welp now I'm a Twitch Streamer* Follow me on Twitter @Kalarigamerchic

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234