Default PC: +4 Anarchic Maul of GCB

PC on this in terms of LDS?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bendover View Post
    PC on this in terms of LDS?
    I dont know dude, since the change to vorpal/smiting I don't see a reason to use GCB anymore. The Smiting proc's for more than the GCB. I guess you could argue that GCB hits every time but depends on your crit's and or weapon types and such. Interested to see how convo goes on this as well.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Smiting hits on every swing as well and for more. The 'vorpal' bane damage is just icing

Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    I dont know dude, since the change to vorpal/smiting I don't see a reason to use GCB anymore. The Smiting proc's for more than the GCB. I guess you could argue that GCB hits every time but depends on your crit's and or weapon types and such. Interested to see how convo goes on this as well.
    It does not depend on your crits or weapon type.

Smiting is 4d6 on all hits, 100 on 20 (or instant kill, but not against portals). Criticals don't have anything to do with it.

Smiting is better than GCB (on average, by 4.5 per hit), but +4 Anarchic GCB is still a very nice portal beater. It would be hard to get a Smiter that's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmin View Post
    Smiting hits on every swing as well and for more. The 'vorpal' bane damage is just icing
    Actually, without the Vorpal damage, Smiting does .5 less damage per hit than GCB: don't forget the +4 base damage GCB gets.

What is LDS?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    What is LDS?

Large devil scales

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    What is LDS?
    Large Devil Scale

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I'd vendor it or deconstruct it.
    Come to think, I wouldn't pay a small devil scale let alone a large one for that.

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    Actually, without the Vorpal damage, Smiting does .5 less damage per hit than GCB: don't forget the +4 base damage GCB gets.
    Yes - but as I said smiting does more damage.

To be fair, I am not happy with the change - typical turbine double nerf - but it is what it is sadly

Now do not get me wrong, this is a nice weapon certainly, but it has suffered a proxy nerf since its heyday…

I have a couple of similar long swords I intended to unload before the new update. One of em is even bursting! But I guess it was never meant to be

LMK what you end up getting for them if you don't mind. Maybe there is still a market for those.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    I'd vendor it or deconstruct it.
    Come to think, I wouldn't pay a small devil scale let alone a large one for that.

yuda
    That's rather harsh. I wouldn't spend a lot on any portal beater, myself, but it's clearly worth more than a small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahmin View Post
    Yes - but as I said smiting does more damage.
    My point was that the Vorpal effect is more than "Icing", and that Smiting does not hit for more on every swing. The Vorpal effect is what makes Smiting better than GCB.

are you guys taking into account that gcb also raises weps enhancement by +4 and add str mod to that +4dmg?

btw Ill give you 150k for it since noone offered anything...
    Last edited by Lavek; 05-06-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    leader of Stijene
    Sarlona - Brko - Kalopsia - Gataka - Gms

Quote Originally Posted by Lavek View Post
    are you guys taking into account that gcb also raises weps enhancement by +4 and add str mod to that +4dmg?

btw Ill give you 150k for it since noone offered anything...

I've already gotten a large scale for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    It does not depend on your crits or weapon type.

Smiting is 4d6 on all hits, 100 on 20 (or instant kill, but not against portals). Criticals don't have anything to do with it.

Smiting is better than GCB (on average, by 4.5 per hit), but +4 Anarchic GCB is still a very nice portal beater. It would be hard to get a Smiter that's better.

Thank you for the information I already knew, Criticals part of my reply was in general on constructs... so yes it does matter. Keep on troll'n.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~