Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

The skin isnt working for me. Followed instructions, but nothing happened.

Edit: I installed DDO to a dif location. Had to put the folder in there.

Works fine now.
    Last edited by New-RS-God; 05-09-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Community Member

Default Im lost

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    Oh brilliant. Nice work. This is similar to the other one I like, rival01, in style, but with more elements skinned by the looks of it. Will be trying it out, thanks!

Have commented on myddo, but is your mate on the forums? Looking to give +rep.
    i got alot of skins but they color everything but my hot bars how do i fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I use the Blackbird skin as well on many of my characters. I notice that if you uncheck the option to "Show Portrait on Vitals Bar" the individual vitals UI seems to fit nicely with the Blackbird skin, and remove the messed-up look of it.

We are hoping to release an update to the UI Art Pack soon, but we don't have a current ETA on when we will be able to fit that work in.
    I'm still using Blackird

Cordo - any update on when that UI Art pack will be released? :P
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    I'm still using Blackird

Cordo - any update on when that UI Art pack will be released? :P
    They collectively have avoided any comment of updating the UI template for people to use in making new skins, both in wise cracks and direct asking. Quoting Cordo from 2011 will most likely just label this a necro thread and get it locked.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Community Member

Default Help.

I just downloaded this to install on my new alienware17 laptop as I think it would fit the overall look of the machine. But I cannot get it to work although I followed the destructions in the OP. Is there a workaround or an update I'm missing or something?

turbine broke theming when they did a UI update a long time ago and hasn't fixed it since.

Master Rogue of Argonnessen Equatis's Avatar

Default Blackbird still works today

There was a change back when Turbine still owned DDO that did invalidate a lot of the UI Skins that had been created by users for the game. But I was using Blackbird at the time and continue to use it today. And I know it will continue to work when The Masterminds of Sharn is released because I was still using it during both the first and second Sharn previews on Lammania and intend to use it during the third Sharn preview scheduled for this week.
    The Rogues of Argonnessen, picking pockets for a better Stormreach, relieving you of your clutter so you don't have to. Need something? Tell us where you saw it, how well it's guarded and when the current owners aren't going to be home. We will get you the exact same make, model and color, For a fee.

Default Hot bars not re-skinning

So I've just downloaded and applied the Blackbird skin, it works fine for all my windows and my vertical hot-bars show the ui change, but for some reason my horizontal bars aren't being changed?
    equipped items on the horizontal bars get the nice green highlight but I don't have the slimmed down bar design?
    Viamel ~ Lava Divers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodskittle View Post
    So I've just downloaded and applied the Blackbird skin, it works fine for all my windows and my vertical hot-bars show the ui change, but for some reason my horizontal bars aren't being changed?
    equipped items on the horizontal bars get the nice green highlight but I don't have the slimmed down bar design?
    Same here. I clearly notice a nice transparency on my vertical hotbars vs the annoying opacity on horizontal bars. I thought there would be something big on IU customization in last update, but it seems not.

- Khornelain

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

just FYI... the files still on lotrointerface ARE still the old files (so old!), and there have been changes since then. there are skinners working VERY busily, but their work isn't quite ready for an official release on the website. if you really want a more or less properly working copy of blackbird before something gets officially released, go to the DDO discord, and go to the skinning channel. very cool discussion going on in there. and yes, they've already managed to fix the transparency of horizontal hotbars.

(screenshot taken yesterday)

the "big thing" that was released was they gave us access to the assets again, so we can make new skins again.
    Last edited by katz; 06-06-2020 at 08:43 AM.

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

A lot of advancement has been made to Blackbird so I highly recommand you check out the Discord server for updates on this awesome skin ----> https://discord.gg/GVcMqAN

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    A lot of advancement has been made to Blackbird so I highly recommand you check out the Discord server for updates on this awesome skin.
    What Discord server?

Discord demands i make an account
    No thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

THIS discord server! https://discord.gg/GVcMqAN

scroll down to skinners sanctum

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Default Only on Discord?

It's a shame this is only available on Discord. A lot of people don't like and won't use Discord or join that server. Perhaps update/redo it on the LotRO-Compendium, put them on https://ddocrafting.info/ and/or on DDOwiki?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    THIS discord server! https://discord.gg/GVcMqAN

scroll down to skinners sanctum
    there's like a zillion posts in the skinner's sanctum
    where to find instructions?

(probably doesn't help that I am banned on that server for some reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    It's a shame this is only available on Discord. A lot of people don't like and won't use Discord or join that server. Perhaps update/redo it on the LotRO-Compendium, put them on https://ddocrafting.info/ and/or on DDOwiki?
    The person who is doing the "new" version of Blackbird has already said that they are not going to put it on the LotRO interface site (personal preference) so that's a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by cru212 View Post
    there's like a zillion posts in the skinner's sanctum
    where to find instructions?

(probably doesn't help that I am banned on that server for some reason)
    What are you after specifically? Let me know and I can help you (assuming somebody else doesn't it first

Stoner81.

Community Manager

Closing this thread to prevent confusion. The updated version of the UI can be found here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Modern-Update
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910