Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thucydides04 View Post
    This skin is by far the best skin I have seen for DDO. +1 for you.

2 minor suggestions to go along with the above suggestions:

1. When the hotbars are unlocked, the active hotbar has a yellow border, but when I lock the hotbars, the active becomes white like the default software. I think it would be cool if the active hotbar in locked mode replicated the active hotbar in unlocked mode, i.e. a yellow border.

2. Partition the health and sp bars similar to the way the rival skin works. I.e. put hash marks at 25, 50 and 75% for easir identification of how much health/sp etc are left.
    i've just updated the skin on the lotrinterface.com site, and as well as having the prior suggestions implemented, this should fix the missing locked hotbar highlights.

i've also put 25%, 50%, 75% indicators in the health bar and focus orb area as people have asked for. it's tricky as i want to keep most of the UI looking consistent so these may be too subtle for some people.
    anyway, let me know.

they look like this in the healthbar:

and like this in the focus orb:

i've added some extra files in the focusorb folder with more markings if people want to use these instead.

Not much else to add that others haven't said already.

+1

Cheers,
    bt
    Some think I'm a pain in the neck. Others have a lower opinion.

love the look of the skin can't get it to come up ingame not sure what i'm doing wrong

made the ui folder and the skins folder inside it then downloaded blackbird chose extract to

browse local disc c/program files/turbine/ddo/ui/skins extract here it extracts i see all the files inside of skins but nothing comes up in game any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    love the look of the skin can't get it to come up ingame not sure what i'm doing wrong

made the ui folder and the skins folder inside it then downloaded blackbird chose extract to

browse local disc c/program files/turbine/ddo/ui/skins extract here it extracts i see all the files inside of skins but nothing comes up in game any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    Same thing I was doing wrong at first

It has to be inside the My Documents folder path, not inside the game =D

Find your "Dungeons and Dragons Online" folder in your “My Documents” area under Windows
    Inside the "Dungeons and Dragons Online" folder, create a “ui” folder, with the name all lowercase
    Inside the "ui" folder, create a “skins” folder, again all lowercase
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleren View Post

ahh ok thx i reading comp ftl just passed it off as a mistype lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bal-Sagoth View Post
    for some reason, it doesnt work for me

(screenshot showing all skinned UI elements with bad image data)
    What is your "My Documents" folder named?

This looks similar to this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanassa View Post
    Greek windows, as any non-english-language version of windows, does NOT name folder "My Documents" like this. In greek windows, for example, is "Τα εγγραφα μου". This is a confusion for DDO which is expecting the skins to be under the folder c:\Documents and Settings\*User*\Τα εγγραφα μου\Dungeons and Dragons Online\uu\skins\Info Blue (Where *user* is the name of your default users folders). This apply in windows xp in which I had the problem.

If you rename folder "Τα εγγραφα μου" into "My Documents" and have a clear restart on pc and on client too, problem is solved.

Hope I helped, as from now I am a happy Info Blue skin user ))

P.S. Ante se eswsa pali ))
    So, DDO looks for the xml file for the skin in the local version of My Documents, but tries to use the hard-coded name "My Documents" for the image files. Renaming your version of My Documents to "My Documents" would work, or make 2 folders (your original version plus one named "My Documents" and put the skin in both).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Member

could this be done in purple?
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Community Member

Awesome work! I noticed you neglected a screenshot of the initial character log-in screen, which looks lovely. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpinator View Post
    Awesome work! I noticed you neglected a screenshot of the initial character log-in screen, which looks lovely. :-)
    Thats cos I'm lazy, lol.

Ualac - the health monitor thingy is still a bit subtle dude. It should be easy enough to see at a glance without removing my attention from the big nasty boss trying to kill me. The differently-challenged among us need to squint and turn up our hearing aids to see it.

I might have a muck round with making a similar mod for party health bars for my cleric. Maybe a flashing animation at 10% that says "Hjeal meh!"
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

I dont know if it is just me but if you have a health bar, ki bar and sp bar with auto attack off it looks a little off cause part of the sword isnt aligned. Although if you have auto attack on it looks fine
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by pasterqb View Post
    I dont know if it is just me but if you have a health bar, ki bar and sp bar with auto attack off it looks a little off cause part of the sword isnt aligned. Although if you have auto attack on it looks fine
    Correct. The addition of the Ki bar alters the size of that frame component by a couple of pixels, which in turn throws off the alignment of the images. Might be fixable though.

I really like this skin, have it on both desktop and laptop. Rock on. +1 and such.
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Quote Originally Posted by transtemporal View Post
    Correct. The addition of the Ki bar alters the size of that frame component by a couple of pixels, which in turn throws off the alignment of the images. Might be fixable though.
    damnnit.. guess i'll have to make a multi-class to actually check this

chances are the autoattack anim is repositioned differently than the non-autoattack image. if thats the case its unfixable until i get layout controls.

i'll take a look tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    i've just updated the skin on the lotrinterface.com site, and as well as having the prior suggestions implemented, this should fix the missing locked hotbar highlights.

i've also put 25%, 50%, 75% indicators in the health bar and focus orb area as people have asked for. it's tricky as i want to keep most of the UI looking consistent so these may be too subtle for some people.
    anyway, let me know.

they look like this in the healthbar:

and like this in the focus orb:

i've added some extra files in the focusorb folder with more markings if people want to use these instead.
    This is awesome. Your skin is absolutely outstanding and I appreciate your work.
    Wyclef
    AoK

At last I get to get rid of that freaking girly Cosmos skin. This one is very nice, been using for about a week.

Two thumbs up for whoever made it.

I miss the more precise health bar markers from Cosmos (every 5% and then one stronger one at 10% and others at 25%, 50% and 75%), but the markers present in BlackBird are good too.

I like how easy it is to align the hotbars, and the "selected item" and "selected hotbar" indicators are very well highlighted, which was a problem I had with Cosmos.

Every screen I've seen (and I've seen most by now) using this skin is very well made and very professional looking.
    Last edited by Kaeldur; 05-12-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    damnnit.. guess i'll have to make a multi-class to actually check this

chances are the autoattack anim is repositioned differently than the non-autoattack image. if thats the case its unfixable until i get layout controls.
    Its actually not misaligned when you first log in, but it becomes misaligned after you turn on or turn off autoattack. Its one of those things I chalked up to the layout controls. Pretty lousy tester huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lleren View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    ahh ok thx i reading comp ftl just passed it off as a mistype lol
    LOL...I did the same thing too

I've been playing with this skin for about a week now and I love it!!! +1 isn't enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

The best DDO-skin so far IMO. I've switched to it on all my chars. Cool looking, non-intrusive, well made. Great work Ualac, +1.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

My first post on the forum and I just wanted to say thank you for making this great skin! It's the only one worth using in my opinion. I made a couple of slight tweaks: the hotbar equipped item indicator and the offline friend "LED". Made the offline look like the little light is just turned off instead of red. If I can share these files with anyone, let me know.

Great work, and is now my own first installed custom UI

Got the pack before the Update to include the subtle health bar indiciators, so will have to update later
    Last edited by Arlathen; 05-19-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast