Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Pvp is offically over if your a melee.

New patch = no more pvp for melee just dont do it. Thank you turbine for taking the last little bit of fun left in that area for me =/. I log on, and in less then 2 seconds im dead to any caster right now there are no melee in the pit just all casters. Is this what you had in mind for it? Im so done with the balancing on that part I really dont want to play the game period anymore. To people that are going to troll me with lame comments such as stay out of the pvp pit then, and its more of a pve game, I say get bent because how much is it to ask for a bit of balance in something more people do then what people belive. Its not just a small part of the game it is part of the game and if I cant do that part then I dont wanna pay your outrageous 15.99 a month then.

It would take far too much time for the Turbine staff to balance things for PvP, which is why they will never do it (in addition to the other thing you mentioned).

Why not you just roll up a caster though?
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Umm...then DON'T PAY. You can not pay one red cent and still continue to play so I fail to see any issues.

And honestly...balanced PvP...your funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeeeeaner View Post
    New patch = no more pvp for melee just dont do it. Thank you turbine for taking the last little bit of fun left in that area for me =/. I log on, and in less then 2 seconds im dead to any caster right now there are no melee in the pit just all casters. Is this what you had in mind for it? Im so done with the balancing on that part I really dont want to play the game period anymore. To people that are going to troll me with lame comments such as stay out of the pvp pit then, and its more of a pve game, I say get bent because how much is it to ask for a bit of balance in something more people do then what people belive. Its not just a small part of the game it is part of the game and if I cant do that part then I dont wanna pay your outrageous 15.99 a month then.
    If you want to play with PvP then find another game with it.

BTW: $14.99/month is the same as WoW's pricing or any other subscription game. Just saying.
    Robi's Free to Play Guide
    Khyber... DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
    I play as: Nagasnake, Olmanjenkins, Tyrogan, Chicobo, Torriin, Kensaito, Koruna, and Goldenac.

pvp was never on for meele's
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Community Member

This is weird.. why are you paying $15.99?

Have fun paying an outragous 14.99 somewhere else!

Also, there are some free/cheap games you could play. You dont HAVE to play this one. Even if this game loses a thousand people, it is set up to draw in at least that many new players...and it will. All games are like that and all games do that.

Good, maybe next month they will find a way to kill off casters in PvP, then we will have no more complaints about it because we will have no more PvP at all.

Then I could finally go into the Lobster again with my sound on. Those stupid brawling pits are loud, and the "pit chat" is equally annoying.

I have no idea why people use the Pit anyways, as the Dueling Arenas are far superior IMO, and being a private instance, they don't bother others with extra chat spam/noise/lag.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Community Member

Roll a caster, hmm so your saying the only way one can enjoy pvp is to make a toon for it. See I have seen this kind of talk before. I suspect these following individuals are nuke bots that there opinion is not warranted here because you like the way its set up. Before U9, I did actually have a chance as a fighter to fight casters. I love fighting casters, it gives me a challenge because you guys are so ready to guard cheap tatics that are near and dear to you. Now that U9 has happened there is not a point to even try. Wow is a dumb game. I mean is it really that hard to fix something like that? It doesnt matter because I will be greeted with more stupid comments.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doxmaster View Post
    Have fun paying an outragous 14.99 somewhere else!

Also, there are some free/cheap games you could play. You dont HAVE to play this one. Even if this game loses a thousand people, it is set up to draw in at least that many new players...and it will. All games are like that and all games do that.
    It would just be a crying shame because I have spent a good amount of time on my toon but if thats how they feel then by all means its just a game after all a game with a big broken area but still just a game none the less.

Community Member

Wow is a dumb game.
    I agree

Community Member

has PvP ever begun?

people playing DDO for its microscopic PvP aspect are always quite hilarious

Have you ever actually seen a fantasy movie or read a fantasy book?

Casters are SUPPOSED to dominate melees at high levels.

Melee runs at Arcane with sword drawn. Arcane turns Melee into toad. PvP over.

That is why there are all sorts of fantasy Wizard kings/Emperors, and High Priests in charge of things.

If you want PvP where melees are king, I hear that the Conan the Barbarian MMO has that, you might want to try there.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGuru View Post
    If you want PvP where melees are king, I hear that the Conan the Barbarian MMO has that, you might want to try there.
    Nope, the Bear Shaman is king of One v. One PvP AoC. Well, I guess that isn't quite fair. The Bear Shaman will hit you for around 350-400 points of damage with a lightning bolt that also stuns you for 10 seconds, then run up and pummel you with a two handed blunt weapon for auto crits until the stun wears off. Rinse, repeat...

Show me on this doll where the mean man touched you.

Get a pale lavender ioun stone?

How is your melee equipped? If you are fighting mostly casters then just forget about fortification. Spell resistance and some elemental protection should help a little. Get a shield/nighshield clicky. Items like the silver flame neclace/mantle of the world shaper and similar should help also. Good saves and maybe some evasion might help too. It get's a little harder if you are faced with a palemaster or some spells with untyped damage.

"Fair PvP" exists only when the same classes are fighting each other. But even then gear and the specific builds might make a difference.

If you want to try something different then grab some friends and here you go.

The game provides some hot seat multiplayer for up to 4 people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonstone_(computer_game))
    Last edited by diamabel; 04-29-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by diamabel View Post
    How is your melee equipped? If you are fighting mostly casters then just forget about fortification. Spell resistance and some elemental protection should help a little. Get a shield/nighshield clicky. Items like the silver flame neclace/mantle of the world shaper and similar should help also. Good saves and maybe some evasion might help too. It get's a little harder if you are faced with a palemaster or some spells with untyped damage.

"Fair PvP" exists only when the same classes are fighting each other. But even then gear and the specific builds might make a difference.

If you want to try something different then grab some friends and here you go.

The game provides some hot seat multiplayer for up to 4 people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonstone_(computer_game))
    Ioun stone, mantle, nightshield clickies i got it all up to date but I suppose evasion is gonna be something in my cards i may have to consider. I dont like to jump people its not fair but I really forsee people abusing these new abilities.

Community Member

Ioun stone, mantle, nightshield clickies i got it all up to date but I suppose evasion is gonna be something in my cards i may have to consider. I dont like to jump people its not fair but I really forsee people abusing these new abilities.
    All is fair in love and war

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast