Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wasn't aware this game had PvP.

I thought it just had PkP.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

This is my stock answer now for players of PvP who dont like the gameplay atm.... funny it rarely gets commented on....

I think turbine should set up a focus group. Find out what seems to be a general agreement on playstyle in PvP then employ X number of programmers.

Dont use existing staff, hire more. Give the the basic code for DDO and allow them to change it to suit the PvP pit. Have that code come on when you walk in the door, the rest of the game uses the PvE code.

Then make PvP a DDO store item to cover the cost of the new programming team.

Allow 1 PvP pit to remain open to all players under PvE rules so that the general populace can test etc but only people that pay for the PvP pass can play PvP rules.

As far as i can see everyone gets what they want.

Non PvPers dont lose dev time being spent on new stuff.

PvPers get the rule set they want.

Turbine get more money and employ a couple of new programmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

In every respectable fantasy game/story casters are way more powerful than melees. D&D and DDO are no exceptions, melee are more powerful than casters only at low lvls, so why getting upset about this? Just roll a caster or an AA(this one only if you want to play for 20 seconds every 2 minutes ) if you want to pvp.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    This is my stock answer now for players of PvP who dont like the gameplay atm.... funny it rarely gets commented on....

I think turbine should set up a focus group. Find out what seems to be a general agreement on playstyle in PvP then employ X number of programmers.

Dont use existing staff, hire more. Give the the basic code for DDO and allow them to change it to suit the PvP pit. Have that code come on when you walk in the door, the rest of the game uses the PvE code.

Allow 1 PvP pit to remain open to all players under PvE rules so that the general populace can test etc but only people that pay for the PvP pass can play PvP rules.

Thats the correct answer! Thank you thats exactly something I have been thinking for a long time now. Therefore that whole argument if pvp changes pve changes argument is out the window. All im asking is just a little bit of tweaking on both parts to just make it balanced again. It was qusai balanced before im sure they can do something for the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeeeeaner View Post
    New patch = no more pvp for melee just dont do it. Thank you turbine for taking the last little bit of fun left in that area for me =/. I log on, and in less then 2 seconds im dead to any caster right now there are no melee in the pit just all casters. Is this what you had in mind for it? Im so done with the balancing on that part I really dont want to play the game period anymore. To people that are going to troll me with lame comments such as stay out of the pvp pit then, and its more of a pve game, I say get bent because how much is it to ask for a bit of balance in something more people do then what people belive. Its not just a small part of the game it is part of the game and if I cant do that part then I dont wanna pay your outrageous 15.99 a month then.
    Want PvP? Play WoW.

thank you

I see it as the sensible work around. set up a PvP department. Let them liease with the "normal" dev team then they will all be on the same song sheet that end.... I cant really see any major problems then. Everyone ends up with what they want.

The physical enviroment in DDO has plenty of space, we can all fit in..... and as with any society we should do our best to make sure all "cultures" have their space to practice they playstyle as they choose.... obviously, if you want something outside the normal you have to pay for it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post

I don't think the PvP guys actually pay for anything. I don't think there're enough PvPers to pay for it

Instead of complaining, you could just accept the fact that the biggest waste of time in the game is never going to be important to Turbine. I PvP quite often, and frankly I never go into it with a frown on, because I'll just freak out and post things like this. You can't have yer cake and eat it too my friend.

AMBUSH! don't play fair and then laugh when they wine.

really, playing a melee in the pit is a contest of if you can get a trip/stun off before they can hit you with a spell.

also, it is extremely important that you follow the rules of PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeeeeaner View Post
    New patch = no more pvp for melee just dont do it. Thank you turbine for taking the last little bit of fun left in that area for me =/. I log on, and in less then 2 seconds im dead to any caster right now there are no melee in the pit just all casters. Is this what you had in mind for it? Im so done with the balancing on that part I really dont want to play the game period anymore. To people that are going to troll me with lame comments such as stay out of the pvp pit then, and its more of a pve game, I say get bent because how much is it to ask for a bit of balance in something more people do then what people belive. Its not just a small part of the game it is part of the game and if I cant do that part then I dont wanna pay your outrageous 15.99 a month then.
    So, your melee not being effective in pvp makes you leave? Can I have your stuff?
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    AMBUSH! don't play fair and then laugh when they wine.

really, playing a melee in the pit is a contest of if you can get a trip/stun off before they can hit you with a spell.

also, it is extremely important that you follow the rules of PvP.
    The problem is catching the casters. Jump+haste+Air savant/FvS wind dance/leap of faith makes it hard to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesoulgazer View Post
    The problem is catching the casters. Jump+haste+Air savant/FvS wind dance/leap of faith makes it hard to catch them.
    that's why you ambush them silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

You're leaving? Can I have your stuuu.... Wait... You said melee? Never mind...
    Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Mrmrsmr Garrison

Go get a set of plate from the new chain. It has a melee carrier that can prevent casting.

I think Turbine will someday give pvp some love, but it's basically still in beta testing and has been since it was released. I wouldn't hold my breath on any changes happening but I'm sure it's on a very long "to do" list.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

neh, PvP wont be balanced until they introduce a PvP server that changes the values of all the spells, and frankly, i think more content is paramount atm :/, especially f2p (need at least enough to semi-comfortably get to level 20)

in a while, when the game is bigger, and the content is plentiful, they might do a PvP server, and perhaps PvP might even become something a good portion of people do :/, until then, no such ?luck. (i was never really that big on PvP, but i can envision how balanced PvP might be fun)
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12