Default RadII Bow - Would it work?

I would like to as for your advice. Would a radII bow work well for a Rogue AA? Dont have experience with rogues, but have seen a lot of them using radII to blind their enemies and get sneak attacks. Do you think this would work on a bow too?

If not, what bow do you think would be best for a AA with SA?

The problem is: Blinding works on crit only, and Longbows have a horrible crit range. I'd consider a Rad2 repeater mildly useful, but I would not bother to craft radiance on a weapon which only crits on a 19 or 20, with the IC feat taken.

Generally, a Lighting2 bow provides good damage, and the option to bypass DR with appropriate arrows, but it offers no special synergy to SA damage.
    This bow could be interesting: http://ddowiki.com/page/Bow_of_Sinew
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

How does blinding the mobs help you? I don't see a point in that

Earthgrab bows may be nice for crowd control ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    How does blinding the mobs help you? I don't see a point in that

Earthgrab bows may be nice for crowd control ^^
    Radiance Blinded mobs would allow a Rogue AA to get sneak attacks on ranged attacks when within 30ft, regardless of aggro status.

As before, its pretty poor choice of weapon for Radiance, due to the low crit range.

However, situationally on Manyshot with Improved Precise Shot on a row of enemies - could be interesting. But in that particular situation, I think I'd rather have an Earthgrab bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Radiance Blinded mobs would allow a Rogue AA to get sneak attacks on ranged attacks when within 30ft, regardless of aggro status.
    I believe that value is going up in U9. Even further when mixing in deepwood sniper if I recall correctly.

nice change to bow of sinew in latest release notes

# (Lammania Only): The Bow of Sinew now grants players an effect called Elasticity, which adds a +1 to a player's critical multiplier on a roll of 19 or 20. This effect replaces the Ranged Alacrity 10% effect on the item.

Bow has 10% while rapier has 30% chance to blind with improved critical. So its not a optimal choice. But if you can afford it go for it i say. I personally would put those ingredients into LitII.
    - Kalevala of Khyber- Suomi Funland Perkele -

Thanks everyone for the contributions. I think the best first option is litII, as ou said. Maybe I craft the radII anyday I have extra LDS just to see if it would be worth it, but I think this day will never exist!