Thread: Earthgrab bow?

Community Member

Question Earthgrab bow?

Quick question about AA weapons!!

I just completed my LitII bow, and I was thinking an earthgrab greensteel longbow would be a good one to craft as well. I was wondering if after they mess up our auto-crits with the update, crafting one would still be worth it for certain situations.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotAWaffle View Post
    Quick question about AA weapons!!

I just completed my LitII bow, and I was thinking an earthgrab greensteel longbow would be a good one to craft as well. I was wondering if after they mess up our auto-crits with the update, crafting one would still be worth it for certain situations.

Thanks in advance!
    Mine doesnt get much use now, never mind after update 9. Although I don't regret buildiung an Earth3 bow, as situationally its useful, but would I build one now? Probably not.

My Lit2 is always the 'go to' bow for when its time to Manyshot.

I can imagine however that an Earthgrab bow would be fun for a TR levelling up.... triple acid damage with ocassional Earthgrabs could work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

My plans of crafting earth-grab bows died with the U9 changes.

I did a bit of messing around on Lamannia in Tharashk Arena on epic. Effectiveness and fun factor are both way down. It's still immobilizing occasionally, but you don't get that huge burst of damage to go with it that made it a marvelous manyshot bow.

It will end up sticking around in my pack for a while, but I'm not seeing much of a reason to make one anymore. You could replace it with a Risia Festival upgraded paralyzer and not notice much of a difference.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    I did a bit of messing around on Lamannia in Tharashk Arena on epic. Effectiveness and fun factor are both way down. It's still immobilizing occasionally, but you don't get that huge burst of damage to go with it that made it a marvelous manyshot bow.

It will end up sticking around in my pack for a while, but I'm not seeing much of a reason to make one anymore. You could replace it with a Risia Festival upgraded paralyzer and not notice much of a difference.
    U9 I think actually schtupps archers the most with the helplessness change. Hopefully that'll make room for more buffage later on.

Community Member

Ok I think that answers my question well enough. Basically any chance of auto-crits keeping up with a LitII is going down the drain; and I'm not wasting my time on that!! Thanks guys.