Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Found a way to make Bound to Account items/weapons

So, today I accidentally stumbled onto a way to make the Bound shards Bound to Account...

Start with bound to account items, and when you disjunction them, like guild slots or base metal, the Bound to account blank remains Bound to account...

Don't yet know if this is intended, or even if this is known about..
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Community Member

So where do you get bound to account random items? I know of a couple of quest chains that give in bound to account end rewards for completing the entire chain, but as it's random stuff, you won't always get the nice metal or guild augment that you're looking for....

Best place to find "Bind to Account" items are quest(s) (chains) that give named "Bound to account" items. Sence you don't care about the 'quaility' of said item, best to start with the 'shorter' quick chains that you can solo on higher level charaters.

Community Member

The only place i can think oof that gives bta non-named equipment, is Sharn Syndicate. i didnt no they gave items with materials? do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcena View Post
    Who is Shade?
    Lives? Nonsense. We are gamers - None of us have lives.
    404error is a practitioner of giving someone exactly what they ask for whether it's what they want or not

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkasavan View Post
    The only place i can think oof that gives bta non-named equipment, is Sharn Syndicate. i didnt no they gave items with materials? do they?
    yes

and the lordsmarch plaza quest end rewards too.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

I've pulled BtA non-named items from every quest chain (WW, STK, Sharns, Tangleroot, Delera's Co6, etc, etc) As well as occasionally from Irestone, Sharns, and others (sharns most often, but others as well...)

Always that I've seen, it has been an end reward.
    just make sure it is a random and not named item.

WAI
    Been this way as said earlier for a while. Makes it so you can have lowbie gear in the shared bank for another character when you make another. This better stay the way it is.
    The worse this game gets, the more I am inching towards making my own DDO! [ With Unreal Engine, Blackjack and Hookers too! Hookers as in Fish ]

All quest chains have these items. Waterworks, STK, Catacombs, Threnal, etc.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Smile

I found A LOT of em in the Red Fens as quest reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    WAI
    Been this way as said earlier for a while. Makes it so you can have lowbie gear in the shared bank for another character when you make another. This better stay the way it is.
    Do we have a dev post anywhere stating this is WAI? It seems odd, since we're supposedly getting a non-bound crafting system later to go with the bound one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
    Do we have a dev post anywhere stating this is WAI? It seems odd, since we're supposedly getting a non-bound crafting system later to go with the bound one.
    Yeah, it seemed odd to me as well... But do hope this is WAI, as it will make crafted gear for other at a lower crafter level....

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Sounds similar to the fact that the Stone of Change Bind/Attune ritual on BTA items maintains BTA. So, you can already get a BTA weapon from a chain and add Force Damage Ritual to it.
    Last edited by Backley; 04-19-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

These aren't the BtA items you were looking for...

* Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

Community Member

Sounds like a bug.

As a guess....the code is checking for 'bound' not 'BtC', succeding, and so failing to update the 'BtA' to 'BtC'.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Sounds similar to the fact that the Stone of Change Bind/Attune ritual on BTA items maintains BTA. So, you can already get a BTA weapon from a chain add Force Damage Ritual to it.
    Sounds like the same bug and possibly the source.

If a dev reused some 'altar of change' code in the new crafting devices.
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

I am inclined to suspect it is not a bug.
    More like the logical application of a known feature.

Wouldn't dwell on it much further though.
    You know what happens to beneficial features...

* Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

This seems iffy. I wouldn't count on this lasting long if it makes it to live.

Community Member EustaceTrevelyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    WAI
    The BtA-ness of the items in original form is WAI, but i'm not sure the CRAFTABILITY of BtA items at every level of crafting is. It'd be nice if they left it like that tho. BtC makes this GS lite (well, in some cases it's better; you don't need cleansing essences to wear more than one.)
    Last edited by EustaceTrevelyan; 04-19-2011 at 06:49 PM.

I have my +5 DD nml gear that dropd from WW for certain, and I wouldn't Decon those ever

Can you say a 10 Int rogue @lvl1 with a +22 DD skill add more w/ship buffs

Look at this in the long run. It will probably be a while before crafting BtA items will make it in live, but you never know. Now if you receive a bound randomly generated item from a quest, you should be able to use said bound item for crafting keeping the bound effect on it. It is a quest chain reward, you spent the time (real life time) to do the quest chain so as a reward you get said (random) item with a special property.
    Choosing to craft said item into a +5 Holy/PG dagger is entirely up to you, it is your right as a subscriber/player to do so and have that item retain the BtA effect (That you spent your time to get as a special reward) so you can pass it along to another character of yours should you feel the need.
    My best guess is that the ability to craft non BtC items will probably be very rare(costly?), being that you might have to level your schools very high or get BtA shards randomly from deconstruction. I foresee that a few BtA craftable items will probably make their way to the turbine store should you not want to take the long route to craft your special item(The trinket is already there). I know some people may have this false sense of duty, appeal to authority, or whatever it is that compels them to see crafting these BtA items as "wrong" but you are nipping yourself in the bud here. Don't force another "limit" to this game it will only frustrate you later. Many people pay money to play this game, others do not. But we all pay with the time we invest into it. So invest in more options that will be available to the player.

(There is still the bug where you can make items lose the minimum level, but this will be fixed so dreams of making BtA items with no minimum level will be quashed, as it should be)
    The worse this game gets, the more I am inching towards making my own DDO! [ With Unreal Engine, Blackjack and Hookers too! Hookers as in Fish ]

Would be nice if a Dev confirmed this as WAI?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast