Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Revenants 4 Mans Elite ToD with Suulo

Our 2nd group where the 4 of us ran together. Was a marathon getting it done. Nick will be providing the write-up. Heres the screenies:

Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

What a blast. Im glad we all played Nintendo a lot when we were young lol.
    After a days delay due to Phalcon getting his power knocked out by the problems in Georgia the Revenants Crew was ready to take out ToD elite with sulu. This was only the second time we have all run togeather at once, first being an edq1.

CHARACTERS
    “Phalcon-1” – 17 Cleric/2 Fighter/1 Barb (Battlecleric)
    “Ayspam” – 20 Sorc (20 Life Completionist)
    “Tetherball” – 12 Fighter/6 Barb/2 Bard (9th life Blitz with a twist)
    “Groan-1” – 12 Fighter/6 Barb/2 Rogue (9th life Blitz – reconfigured for a week for extra fat)

PREPARATION.

Since 3 of us only have 1-2 toons on Khyber we pretty much had to modify our current guys to get the job done with Phalcon filling in the Gaps as he has a solid roster.

- Teth and I had to get fatter. Both of our characters are set up more as sprinters as that’s definitely the best option at endgame. Not so much for this though. Teth and I had to both pick up toughness and I picked up hamstring as well after seeing how powerful it was whilst leveling up my alt Brutalisk. We reset our enhancements and changed gear etc to get as fat as we could speccing purely for long long boss fights. More action boosts max rages etc.
    - Teth and I stripped down our toons to the bare essentials for ToD. We filled the rest of our backpack space with silver flame pots.
    - Ayspam didn’t have to do much he is very well geared, feated and a Completionist to boot so the caster role was in very capable hands.
    - Phalcon picked up enlarge so we could handle the Blasphemy with no problems and so he could spot heal all of us in a pinch.
    Tactics

PART 1.
    - Pretty standard. Teth and I smashed face, Phalcon hjealed us and Ayspam kited Jailer and dogs. We just had to play Russian roulette with the spikes. It felt very much like pvp from a melee perspective. Twitching in and out avoiding blows, ducking in for a cheeky hamstring and wailing away when the other melee had agro. Considering we had only 2 melee the Judge and Jailer dropped pretty fast. I have seen full groups take longer in that part as often its difficult to co-ordinate.

PART 2.- I switched to charged gauntlets and Teth maintained claw set so the agro and healing would be fixed and I could get sneak attack and use tharnes without having to worry about pulling agro as our characters are very similar.
    - Teth main tanked it whilst Phalcon and I smashed away at him. Battleclerics for the win!
    - Ayspam Got all his cold absorbtion gear Sat at the foot of the stairs and shield blocked and chugged silver flame pots. He made it look very easy. This part was no problem at all. Uber Ayspam.

PART 3.
    This is where it got intense and hella fun all at once.

JUST HOROTH.
    I main tanked Horoth using hamstring to deadly effect slowing him down and giving Phalcon an easier time of it. Teth conserved boosts/rages/surges as the sulu fight would test the limits of his sustained DPS. Phalcon stood back and didn’t dps horoth making sure blashepmys didn’t ruin our day.

SULU DROPS. Yikes this part still leaves me a little baffled as to how we pulled it off. We essentially broke into 3 units. Mighty Teth grabbed sulu and he and Phalcon moved him out of blasphemy range, removing his own curses for the most part and handing out a whooping. It got a little hairy when he double/triple cursed him and they both had to spam remove curse. Phalcon was a multitasking machine DPSing from sulus back whilst keeping the party up.

GROAN VS HOROTH I cant speak for the others but this part was really really REALLY fun for me. It felt like David vs Goliath. I would duck in hamstring him and duck out again trying to keep the pillars between us so he couldn’t pwn me. I was drinking lesser silver flame pots as they don’t give a movement penalty and with all my healing amp even the weak ones hit me for 200hp. So every 15 seconds I would duck in and smack him. I wasn’t boosting/raging/surging through this part as I was saving them for after sulu dropped when we could concentrate melee dps on him. I used hound shield and khopesh with PA off just to make sure I had no probs hitting him for the all important hamstring, and so that I could block for greater effect when blasphemy hit. There were 3 problems we had to deal with using this tactic 1. The 3 seconds between the hamstring effect was finished and the cooldown refreshed was a little dangerous as he was more mobile. 2. When going to reapply the hamstring he would generally clobber me 1-2 times, this combined with badges made it quite a close call at times – thx phalcon and ayspam for the emergency heals! And 3. Blasphemy nearly ruined out plans but thanks to enlarge and both his and Ayspams fast reaction time kept me on my feet.

Throughout part 3 Ayspam was brilliant. Controlling all the orthons, keeping up fogs on the melees hasting, healing himself, topping me off with heal scrolls. Standout performance. And on top of that herding up orthons to provide him spellpoints via torc/conc op trying to mimise pot usage.

SULU down only HOROTH left. This part sorta was cruise control after the 20 harrowing minutes engaging both bosses. I still had enough surges/rages/boosts to pump out excellent DPS on horoth. Teth was running dry on basically everything except rages having already had his way with sulu. Between the two of us we took him down and it was game over. Only problem was that I was hopped up on cofee and diet coke and all it once it had and I HAD to bio. Having to tell the others I had to dash away real quick was quite entertaining. Autoattack went on, hit haste boost and hamstring and bolted for the bathroom. Apparently I nearly died to a Blasphemy but when I came back all was well.

Amazing amounts of fun, very challenging/intense gaming. Turbine seems to be reducing the skill level needed in the game so the onus is on us to make the stuff challenging. If you havnt tried shortman raids etc I suggest you try it. It makes the game more challenging and ultimatey interesting. Not only that but you learn the quest inside out. For example how many dogs can be out at once, how many orthons can spawn before it starts to become overwhelming.

TOTAL RESOURCES USED.

Ayspam – 40 Majors
    Phalcon – 80 Majors
    Teth – Bought 500ish big silver flame pots
    Groan – bought 500ish small silver flame pots.

Neither teth or I use all of ours but it was getting pretty close towards the end.

Great great fun.

N
    Last edited by nick_robinsonchia; 04-17-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Setting the standards High on Khyber! RAWR!

In all seriousness that was very fun, and intense! Double Triple Curse og! Not only was it quite Intense but it was long which made it all the better! Best part of the raid: Nick goes "$#@%$@ I gotta take a ****!" then hes afk for a few, then "back guys!" Great job Teth, Ayspam, Nick, and of course myself hahaha!

Jen

Another thing to note was that we only had 2 deaths and they were both from me during part 2. I still don't understand it but some shadows ended up at the alter, I started spamming mass heals which was enough to keep the tanks up but alas I perished (TM - Norg) I had death pact on and ended up getting 2 deaths at once instead of 1 However all in all I think thats quite acceptable for what we did and how we did it.
    Last edited by Phalcon; 04-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Revenants
    Solo: Eadq1, Eadq2, EDA, EChains, EVOD. 2 man EShroud, 4 man ETOD, World First ELOB

Default Ayspam + Shadows

Another awsome Part: Ayspam decides hes not kiting but instead Shield blocking through the Elite Shadows haha Good times.
    Revenants
    Solo: Eadq1, Eadq2, EDA, EChains, EVOD. 2 man EShroud, 4 man ETOD, World First ELOB

Community Member

That was lots of fun Nick going afk for a leak was certainly very funny

Part 2, I decided to just stand in my firewall and heal thru the shadows. Used fire shield, icy pot, 45% absorb stick had to heal myself once in awhile, nothing too hectic tho.

Part 3, that was really intense. Just the way I like it
    Last edited by ayspam; 04-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Quote Originally Posted by ayspam View Post

Part 2, I decided to just stand in my firewall and heal thru the shadows. Used fire shield, icy pot, 45% absorb stick had to heal myself once in awhile, nothing too hectic tho.
    My fiancee had been doing that too on his Wiz. Not Elite runs, but he likes it a lot better than kiting.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    My fiancee had been doing that too on his Wiz. Not Elite runs, but he likes it a lot better than kiting.
    It is in fact a lot safer then kiting even in pugs, IMHO, even with just fire shield and renewing prot from time to time, a healer healing the group can occasionally toss a heal towards the tanker, WF are even better off. No need to worry about backup etc.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

**** fine job, **** fine!
    Working crafted handwraps, that would be nice. Anytime soon.

It would more impressive if you filled the group with random puggers unintentionally intentionally attempting to sabotage, errrrrr I mean help out in their very most epic uber puggertasticness.
    Joanus20 TR'd FS, Plural18 Barb/2 Fighter TWF FB,Jennicide20 TR'd PM Wiz,Bisp18Bard/2 Fighter TWF WC,Flock20 TR'd TWF Kensai F,Execrable20 TR'd Ranger AA,Juules20 TR'd TH HO Kensai F,Coyn20 TR'd HO Acrobat
    Aundair refugee held in a Khyber wasteland

Default grats

sure that run was a hell of a lot of fun.
    member of Elite Raiders
    Corpman, Corpmans, Spetznaz, Soulspetz,Specwar, Greenstl, Spetsperimnt, Spetzz, Spetznads

Didn't know you guys moved over to Khyber. Neat.

Grats on the 4 man of elite ToD with Suulo kill.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Aw, you guys brought that gimp Cleric with the Barb level... LAME.

J/K - Awesome achievement and grats. Hope Jen and Nick are having fun! Haven't met Ayspam and Teth, but you got two good guys over there on Khyber.

And no pics of loot?
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Max grats!
    Proudly Khyberian <3
    Veileira, Leiralei, Barbrose, Mayae TR1, Phaerune, Leiluu
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Default Nice Job

Congrats guys, impressive.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

Grats to you all.

I heard Jen mention doing this, but the details were a bit convoluted.

Can't wait to see how you all pull off the 3-man
    Smrti on Khyber

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Awesome!
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Impressive.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Teth

You smell.
    >RENOWNED<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE WITH LOVE

awesome! Wow, I think I'm going to move to kyber to do this sh!t- too many wussies on argo

Awesome job nick jen, ayspam, and teth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast