Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bkasavan View Post
    Why do they call it a build? For me, a build is a way to make a character, type of character(eg:Exploiter build, Clonk build, Tempest TrapMonkey build)

ps: sorry bout this not really being the right thread
    When you finish doing some coding...

You compile or "build" a new .exe. That means converting the code from C++/.net (think thats what ddo uses) into machine code a computer can understand.

So it's a new "build"

Everytime they do a new exe to test, its a new build.. They're have probably been thousands of builds of the .exe, tho obviously much less official updates.

Just some industry lingo.

Basically means its a new update. Tho in this case its probalby just a newly updated client .exe, and some small updates to the .dats, without any major changes.

Hopefully bug fixes for things such as melee specials not procing glancing blows, or helplessnless not increasing them..

Default Release notes *before* update?

I don't suppose there is any chance of getting release notes before the update? At least on the test server?

I can understand on live the need to (sometimes) expunge certain items until after the fact, but not sure why they need to remain secret on the test server.

Just put the word 'Draft' in the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    I don't suppose there is any chance of getting release notes before the update? At least on the test server?

I can understand on live the need to (sometimes) expunge certain items until after the fact, but not sure why they need to remain secret on the test server.

Just put the word 'Draft' in the topic.
    its all a big conspiracy!

heh nah, they used to do em before hand. But there would so often be errors, and notes from stuff that didnt make it in, that they started waiting tell last minute to be sure exactly what patch tehre rolling up.

And lately actually they been updating them after th builds been live a bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    ...they used to do em before hand. But there would so often be errors, and notes from stuff that didnt make it in...
    I reckon I could cope with the notion these were *draft* notes; or even just a list of features that they hope will be in the release.

I take it from what you say, that people used to scream if there was an error?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

From my experience they have to have the notes ready when the patch is applied and the servers are recycled. And if there are any hiccups in deploying the build, that usually also means someone is late in getting patch notes up.

This at least was the way I saw it from behind the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoon View Post
    [*]Dismiss now works on symbol of persausion.
    Will divine casters be gaining the dismiss enchant ability? On Live it is not a granted feat for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    ... Hopefully bug fixes for things such as melee specials not procing glancing blows, or helplessnless not increasing them..
    About glancing blows and helplessness (I may be wrong) ...

In the "Sneak Attack Damage Not Increased from Helplessness?" Cordovan replied that glancing blows were not getting the 50% bonus either (post #98) after Thoon said SA weren't getting the bonus for balance sake (post #72), so i don't think they are classifying it as a bug to fix.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post

They have to wait until shade has been on and told them whats changed before they can post the update :0

Community Member

Thumbs down

Fix (revert back) halfling female running animation? (was it nerfed at u1?)

PS: I still can't understand why just halfling FEMALE animation nerfed and male not...?
    Server: Ghallanda Guild: Drunk 'n' Dangerous
    * Lanternal - Warforged/Wizard 20
    * Other Toons: Pancar, LoranisEU, Karete and other retired ones.
    Ghallanda Europen Guild List - Thelanis European Guild List

Community Member

Is this planned to be the last build prior to going live ?

You know what would be really cool? Release notes as it's being updated; it's not like Turbine is going to go - Hmm, I don't like this part as a new version is being uploaded. That way we can read, assimilate and get an idea what we look for before we have the update on our computers.

And a reason for doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomers to complain before we even have a chance to play it and the rest of us shrug and move on.

I know, it's not the first time It has been suggested but it would be nice.

Release notes are posted to the public during or after the deployment of a new update to the servers in question as part of standard process.

The process includes getting the changes together, assembling them into something that is comprehensible, sending them around for approvals, and then releasing them during or after deployment. For Live release notes there are a few more steps added, including verifying that each note passed testing (or it gets removed) and translation.

When preparing notes for Lamannia, the time between selecting a build that will be deployed and the deployment is usually short (one day, maybe two). Because of we want to get the most current build possible out the door to Lamannia, issues the developers marked as 'fixed' that make it into the release notes may have not finished their way through the testing process. The items that fail either go back for rework or get removed from the release.

But in the mean time you certainly can see things in the notes that are not working exactly as described. Were we to wait until everything was verified it would mean fewer incremental builds being deployed to Lamannia. I am against that, and try and make sure Lamannia receives a new build at least once a week during the Preview cycle.

Release notes are posted to the public during or after the deployment of a new update to the servers in question as part of standard process.

The process includes getting the changes together, assembling them into something that is comprehensible, sending them around for approvals, and then releasing them during or after deployment. For Live release notes there are a few more steps added, including verifying that each note passed testing (or it gets removed) and translation.

When preparing notes for Lamannia, the time between selecting a build that will be deployed and the deployment is usually short (one day, maybe two). Because of we want to get the most current build possible out the door to Lamannia, issues the developers marked as 'fixed' that make it into the release notes may have not finished their way through the testing process. The items that fail either go back for rework or get removed from the release.

But in the mean time you certainly can see things in the notes that are not working exactly as described. Were we to wait until everything was verified it would mean fewer incremental builds being deployed to Lamannia. I am against that, and try and make sure Lamannia receives a new build at least once a week during the Preview cycle.
    I know it's probably irritating to have to explain things like this, but it helps a lot. You can pull the teeth out of a lot of angst with straightforwardness (probably not a word), like this. Kudos.

Good stuff.. sad thing is you could sticky this response and still have to re-use it in a month when people forget or haven't read.

I would suggest making yourself a canned response file on your desktop so you can cut and paste the FAQ's
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    Good stuff.. sad thing is you could sticky this response and still have to re-use it in a month when people forget or haven't read.

I would suggest making yourself a canned response file on your desktop so you can cut and paste the FAQ's
    I do plan to create a large Lamannia FAQ after things calm down for Update 9.

Lamannia is back online! Release notes will be updated very shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12