Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do Savant benefits follow Enhancement lines?

Sorcerer Air Savant I
    Prereqs: Level 6 Sorcerer, Storm Manipulation III, Charged Spellcasting I, Deadly Shocks I, Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded II, and either Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, or Least Dragonmark of Storm.
    Cost: 4 AP
    Benefit: You have focused your training on elemental mastery over lightning. You gain +2 caster levels when casting electrical and air spells and increase the maximum caster level of these spells by 1, but suffer -3 caster levels when casting acid or earth spells. [snip].

Storm Manipulation III
    Prereqs: Level 5 Sorcerer or Wizard, Storm Manipulation II
    Benefit: Grants an additional 5% increase to the damage of your electrical and sonic spells, bringing the total increase to 30%.

Are sonic spells being considered air spells and given the +2 caster level?
    Select one of the fabulous signatures from the list of your characters below!
    You have no characters
    Then what game was I playing last night

Community Member

No. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Air spells are the spells in this list:

Ball Lightning, Chain Lightning, Cyclonic Blast, Electric Loop, Gust of Wind, Eladar's Electric Surge, Electric Loop, Featherfall, Gust of Wind, Lightning Bolt, Protection from Energy (Electricity), Resist Energy (Electricity), Shocking Grasp, a couple of Summon Monsters.

There is no sonic spell in the list, so they do not get the benefits from air savant.