Default Weird DC + Rollback (Can reproduce it too)

Ok just logged on to test some spells and decided to do temple of vol elite.. (to test undeath to death)

Got to the npcs to get the quest - Turns out I forgot one from live, so picked up end reward.. Then got quest.
    Ran to the quest.
    In the quest I bought a rogue hireling (the lvl20 one), as I had never used them before I thought id test out his abilities. Fully buffed him up,then dropped down next to the levers.
    Character frooze. yet my cnnection was working fine, and the network indicator said nothing unusual, no loss, no lag. Just cant move. Can cast some spells, but they have no effect.
    10 min later, the game finally DCd me.
    Logged back in:
    I'm at the quest giver I just picked up the end reward from, I no longer have the quest .. As if I got rolled back to this point, yet oddly the rogue hireling is in my party. (in bugged status, cant remove him, have to leave party)

I do the same thing..
    To quest. Summon hireling (still have his contract, which shows unused)
    Drop down..
    This time i can get a bit farther. Get him to disable traps (which surprsingly he managed, tho he nearly died with full buffs), on the right, get the first key.. Unlock the thing. Then run past where I DCd before - DCd again, nearly the same spot.

This time I tried quitting and reloging faster (within the 5min window), but the result is the same, im rolled back. Don't have the quest, yet have the hireling in the party bugged out.

Probably can reproduce it again. Weird stuff.

One of our dev teams saw these crashes in the Lamannia logs and investigated. The issue should be resolved in the next new build that is deployed to Lamannia.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thoon View Post
    One of our dev teams saw these crashes in the Lamannia logs and investigated. The issue should be resolved in the next new build that is deployed to Lamannia.

There are MULTIPLE teams???

Yay for the new money!
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post

Yay for the new money!
    There have always been multiple teams. There are specific teams for each game, and there are also common teams that work on components that are used for all games.

There have always been multiple teams. There are specific teams for each game, and there are also common teams that work on components that are used for all games.
    And one team is in charge of the coffeemakers 'high-availability' of course. Between the monitoring of main&backup NAWSs (Network Attached Water Supply) and the liquid-nitrogen cooled hyper fast CBD (Coffee Beans Demuxer) to spead the very high incoming flow of beans to the different grinders attached to each coffeemaker, you need at least 7 mexicans and a well-paid supervisor.

Oh, and don't forget the team in charge of feeding the hamsters ! we wouldn't even play one day per week if they weren't so skilled at feeding hamsters inside their wheels. Not to mention how dangerous that task is for their fingers.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

Btw for those who haven't seen that yet : outside of their wheels, hamsters can have another use
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

So who is heading up "Soon" then? Tolero or Sapience? I just noticed Sapience's current title in Lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post

Yay for the new money!
    You can't have multiple people working the exact same piece of code (it's a bit like trying to have several people modify the same MS excel document the same time, just more complex). So, the alternative would be have one team of several developers where only one works at a time with the rest waiting until (s)he is done.

For all we know it could be four developers split into two teams of two. I rather have them put my money to use with as many people working the same time than having all but one on break all the time, just sayin'.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Sarcasm is lost via the medium of writing. OK next time I will add:

Just to be sure you know when I am joking.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Glad to see it is being worked on. This could have led to a possible exploit.
    The worse this game gets, the more I am inching towards making my own DDO! [ With Unreal Engine, Blackjack and Hookers too! Hookers as in Fish ]

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    Glad to see it is being worked on. This could have led to a possible exploit.
    My thoughts exactly. It sounds like the perfect setup to dupe stuff.

Find the team responsible for the rampant mis-matched, god awful armor in the game and beat them vigorously with a shame stick!

My plate armor has only one boot for crying out loud! Visual aspects of the game are great fun for everyone and you shouldn't have to *buy* an armor kit to not look like a hobo.

Community Member

Just so we are clear, ONE person is not normally considered a TEAM.

(Joking! Really! I am! Although I was once the 'senior developer' when we only had one...)

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It sounds like the perfect setup to dupe stuff.
    ooh doom doom doom! EVERYTHINGS AN EXPLOITS OMGG!

or not.

If you read carefully, like I said I was only rolled back in positioning and not having a quest.... Nothing to do with loot. I retained my loot I gained just fine, and gained no duplicates.

Just seems simply to me.. Game saves your character when you gain loot, or complete a quest.. But not when you pick one up. So I had the same loot, and the quest was completed i got the end reward on.. but it didnt register i picked up the quest.

Community Member

One team to rule them all ??

When I DC'd and lost a bunch of ingredients from inventory it also looked like a rollback was involved: my character was in a different location, stuff was back in bags when it had been taken out. And tons of essences were missing.

Is this likely to be the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If you read carefully, like I said I was only rolled back in positioning and not having a quest.... Nothing to do with loot. I retained my loot I gained just fine, and gained no duplicates.
    Causing mini-rollbacks in MMOs is the #1 traditional method of duping stuff. That's what he's referring to. I'm not going to spell it out any more than that if you can't figure it out for yourself from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    Causing mini-rollbacks in MMOs is the #1 traditional method of duping stuff.
    Well aware of it..

But that only works if the rollback has any effect whatsoever on loot. It did not.

what if....
    I finished lnformation is key casual.
    I donate all my ingredient/plat/whatsoever transferrable to a frd.
    I get into the time machine.
    Ok I just finished Information is key, again.