Default Heighten Spell Removed from Sorcerer?

I could not find it anywhere and could not find it in the feat list at Fred.

Cinnamon Synonym Anemone Sierim's Avatar

First, what level is your sorcerer? To take the feat, you must be able to cast 2nd level spells, or LV4 as a sorcerer.

Edit: Actually, it may be that a sorcerer must be at least LV6 to gain heighten, since at the level 3 feat slot the sorcerer doesn't have 2nd level spells. I have not verified this, however.
    Last edited by Sierim; 04-12-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Also, what feat are you trying to trade in and at what level did you take it? The game remembers when you took what feat and when trying to trade it in you will only get a list of feats available to you then.

For example: You pick Extend as your third level feat. Then you go to Fred and trade in Extend it will return a list of only those feats that would have been available to you at level 3 (thus Heighten would not be on that list as it'd require you to be level 4 to take it).
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

lvl 18 so no problem there.

The feat did not appear in the right column even before I'd selected a feat to trade. I'm pretty sure I tried to swap two feats extend and mental toughness. Wouldnt have taken extend at low lvl.

5. 04-12-2011, 08:49 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majere_Aumar View Post
    lvl 18 so no problem there.

The feat did not appear in the right column even before I'd selected a feat to trade. I'm pretty sure I tried to swap two feats extend and mental toughness. Wouldnt have taken extend at low lvl.

??

Extend is best at low level.

Cinnamon Synonym Anemone Sierim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majere_Aumar View Post
    From just checking on both Lamannia and Live, in neither case do replacement feats show up prior to selecting a feat to trade. Are you certain you didn't choose a feat from an ineligible level?

Quote Originally Posted by kcru View Post
    ??

Extend is best at low level.
    I zerg at low levels and use max + emp aoe's to kill groups... I don't (didn't) use extend until I get wall of fire

will check again

When did you get extend and mental toughness? If you got them when you couldn't get heighten then you wouldn't be able to trade for it.