Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Geonis View Post
    This is exactly my point, this "ranged item" is completely useless to any character who uses ranged combat as a primary fighting style. It is only useful to anyone who will simply equip it so they have some arrows if needed, just in case.

A complete swing and a miss for ranged combat.
    You always have the abbott item, plus I recommended elsewhere that we should be able to make our own crafted quivers - or craft the ones from the TP store. But this is a quiver for anything but rangers and hopefully we'll see something for rangers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Good points have been made here- the main concern was making the arrows non-vendorable, so having them drop on dungeon exit was probably an unnecessary step. For Update 9, the arrows will no longer drop on dungeon exit, but will still not be sellable to vendors.

We noticed that too, and it has also been fixed.
    Man you are on the ball, nice to see this change as well as the many other quick and sensible changes, such as fixing the stacking seeker on Bold trinket, putting the +5 prot back on the ring, and yes even making the Dagger exclusive.

Any chance you'll look at the Black Abbots quiver (alacrity 10% as others have noted this effects ends up being a lot less than 10%)

How about doing a loot pass on Titan Awakes raid, no one runs it, partly because it's very messy to PUG, but also because the only desirable gear is the Seven Fingered Gloves and the Chattering ring, and you have a better chance to hit the powerball than get either one of them to drop.

Finally pulled one, and the proc rate seems acceptable. It will find a way into my archers bags.

If only we had some way of queuing arrows from quivers better.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Finally pulled one, and the proc rate seems acceptable. It will find a way into my archers bags.

If only we had some way of queuing arrows from quivers better.
    /signed

I still think there should be an arrow version and a bolt version.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I still think there should be an arrow version and a bolt version.
    Throw it into the stone of change and it makes a bolt version?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Alanim View Post
    Throw it into the stone of change and it makes a bolt version?
    ooo good idea! my repeater rogue would love this!

/signed

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Geonis View Post
    My point is, that anyone specced for ranged combat would not use this at all.
    For lazy people that are ranged, this is true. The extra 3.5-9 damage from some of the arrows won't be enough to sway them. The people that use there metalline bow of pure good instead of bothering to swapping to silver arrows to break DR will absolutely hate this.

The people that really want to get the absolute most out of their bow just got a way to stock up on arrows that doesn't involve the auction house or having all of their friends mail them arrows.

I'll be happy to have special arrows for more than just special occasions.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

For lazy people that are ranged, this is true. The extra 3.5-9 damage from some of the arrows won't be enough to sway them. The people that use there metalline bow of pure good instead of bothering to swapping to silver arrows to break DR will absolutely hate this.

The people that really want to get the absolute most out of their bow just got a way to stock up on arrows that doesn't involve the auction house or having all of their friends mail them arrows.

agreed,mabye i wont have to depend on flame arrow wnds as much just to get +1d6
    X...what? that is my signature

People who change their arrows/bolts (like myself), need the stack size of a thin quiver just for the amount of ammo they go through. With stack size of 300, this would last a AA maybe 3 minutes per stack, and for a Mechanic Repeater about the same. So now that means carrying 2+ quivers (which I already do), and I am not going to deal with a third that kind of, sometimes, may help out, a little, and deal with the headache of swapping around 13 different ammo types.

A simple useful quiver should have been something like-

Xoriat Quiver (Thin type) - This item was found by an adventurer, wedged into a portal of Xoriat, and preventing it from closing. No one knows how long it was there, but the apparently extended exposure to the Plane of Madness has obviously changed this item.

This quiver, when equipped, seems to alter the base composition of ammo retrieved from it. This causes any arrows/bolts used from it to gain an additional +1d6 of a random elemental type, and on a Vorpal hit, to proc a corresponding DoT effect dealing 4d6 damage every 2 secs for 10 secs.
    Hi, I play Generic Fantasy RPG Online, formerly known as DDO.

11. 04-11-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Good points have been made here- the main concern was making the arrows non-vendorable, so having them drop on dungeon exit was probably an unnecessary step. For Update 9, the arrows will no longer drop on dungeon exit, but will still not be sellable to vendors.

We noticed that too, and it has also been fixed.
    Thank you for not implementing the arrow drop on exit.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Quote Originally Posted by kyleann View Post
    "With great power, comes greater nerf bane"
    nice, +1 rep
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123