Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well my FvS is usually more than welcomed in TOD, though to be fair I haven't run it for a bit... I guess it depends on the person playing it..
    - my reputation says nuetral, my character sheet says Chaotic Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kominalito View Post
    if grief for you is a few minutes of a pumpkinheaded player in a videogame, you must live in a palace of naked women made of chocolate and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmnqwk View Post
    It's because you used Favoured Souls.

Get a real healer; either a Cleric, Bard or Rogue with scrolls. All superior to a favoured soul healing.
    /fail

Reading the OP plus other responses, and really knowing nothing more than what is posted here,

all I can say is Two Healers on the Tank? What?
    Obviously I do not know the skill level/experience of either FvS's, Tank or Party Leader. But in the case of the OP I believe they were all to hold some responsibility on this cluster...

1. Party leader for not setting up the healers to be successful in a high stress environment
    2. FvS's for not coordinating with each other
    3. Tank for not taking charge of the healing resources when they realized they were not getting the supplies they needed.

I would throw the customary blame on the Cleric, but none was mentioned. So if a cleric was not present than its their fault because they should have been on the ToD run. (hehehe)

The point of confusion: if they are not use to working in tandem they will second guess each other every hit, being more worried about wasting resources than keeping the tank alive.

(20-20 hindsight)
    This could have been avoided with:
    1. FvS 1 is the main healer until they use 50% of their SP
    2. FvS 2 is the spot healer (watches party throws a few spot heals to the main tank as needed)

At 50% they switch roles. This right here allows for the "Backup healing", can prevent under-healing (first reason why tanks usually die) and over-healing (second reason why tanks usually die) [All other reasons why tanks usually die lie with the Tank]

As for the comment about droping "Those Two" and getting others and completing with no problem, hats off to the group, However, I believe the real reason for that completion was that the two "healing classes" picked up knew how to work together, had a better grasp on the situation or Someone actually took a leadership role.

The sad part about this is that the two people that needed to gain something out of this experience, probably never will.

Cool story bro.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Default Interesting Title

The OP identified the class of the healers rather than just saying "Two Healers exclusively on the tod tank and he still died" which indicates to me the OP does actually think that the class played a role.

I don't know why this run failed. One thing I do know for sure. It is not because you had two favored souls instead of two clerics. Take the same players and give them all the same gear on clerics instead of FvS and you would get the same results.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    . From what was said, waiting to 20% before casting would mean the tank was down to 200 HPs before they started casting... not exactly smart move by either caster.
    qft and bolded for emphasis.

It sounds like a failure on the leaders part resulting in healers not doing their job right. Class is a moot point and has NOTHING to do with it...period.

A Horoth tank should NEVER be under 500hp IF AT ALL POSSIBLE....unless you have a backup tank to take aggro WHEN...not if...a 1 is rolled on Disintigrate. I personally have been hit for 520 on a failed roll and some have mentioned higher but I can't verify that. Any time your Horoth tank is close to that mark, you enter the 5% chance to die realm...doesn't matter how good you or anyone else is.

So, you chose to blame the healers. Narrow minded but I see your reasoning. Tank died, their fault, there were supposed to keep him alive.
    I don't just give them a free pass BUT......you said you had to *remind* them to heal because, you saw your MT at about 50% health right? Did you at least *mention* that your tank WILL at some point take 500+ damage to the face?! The fact that heals came at @20% mark implies that your healers(again...class doesn't matter for squat)simply DID NOT KNOW THE MECHANICS/DETAILS OF THE ENCOUNTER!!! The failure is partly the leaders....and partly yours OP. You seem to be aware of the mechanics at least somewhat yet all you did was yell "HJEAL HIM!!!" from what I gathered. What if you had said..."Alternate Heal Scrolls or something-JUST DON'T LET HIM GET UNDER 500HP!!! IF HE'S AT 1/2 HEALTH HE CAN BE ONE-SHOTTED!!!"

Not everyone knows the raid(or any encounter) and most are too scared to say so. Too often newer players get kicked out for being honest and asking for help. Try being supportive and helpful, explain WHY's and everyone benefits. Judging from your OP though, I feel I can safely bet how those two players were treated afterwards....

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    The sad part about this is that the two people that needed to gain something out of this experience, probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    The OP identified the class of the healers rather than just saying "Two Healers exclusively on the tod tank and he still died" which indicates to me the OP does actually think that the class played a role.

I don't know why this run failed. One thing I do know for sure. It is not because you had two favored souls instead of two clerics. Take the same players and give them all the same gear on clerics instead of FvS and you would get the same results.
    no I dont think the class played a negative role, in fact I think it makes it worse because 2 favoured souls should be better than that, it was the players not the class, so dont try and spin it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchanezzar View Post

It sounds like a failure on the leaders part resulting in healers not doing their job right. Class is a moot point and has NOTHING to do with it...period.

A Horoth tank should NEVER be under 500hp IF AT ALL POSSIBLE....unless you have a backup tank to take aggro WHEN...not if...a 1 is rolled on Disintigrate. I personally have been hit for 520 on a failed roll and some have mentioned higher but I can't verify that. Any time your Horoth tank is close to that mark, you enter the 5% chance to die realm...doesn't matter how good you or anyone else is.

So, you chose to blame the healers. Narrow minded but I see your reasoning. Tank died, their fault, there were supposed to keep him alive.
    I don't just give them a free pass BUT......you said you had to *remind* them to heal because, you saw your MT at about 50% health right? Did you at least *mention* that your tank WILL at some point take 500+ damage to the face?! The fact that heals came at @20% mark implies that your healers(again...class doesn't matter for squat)simply DID NOT KNOW THE MECHANICS/DETAILS OF THE ENCOUNTER!!! The failure is partly the leaders....and partly yours OP. You seem to be aware of the mechanics at least somewhat yet all you did was yell "HJEAL HIM!!!" from what I gathered. What if you had said..."Alternate Heal Scrolls or something-JUST DON'T LET HIM GET UNDER 500HP!!! IF HE'S AT 1/2 HEALTH HE CAN BE ONE-SHOTTED!!!"

Not everyone knows the raid(or any encounter) and most are too scared to say so. Too often newer players get kicked out for being honest and asking for help. Try being supportive and helpful, explain WHY's and everyone benefits. Judging from your OP though, I feel I can safely bet how those two players were treated afterwards....
    read the other posts the tank was a barb with nearly 900 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchanezzar View Post

the leader after the first death did explain to them about the 500 hp damage. No they did not admit they where new, and no they did not ask for any help. And no I was not the party leader,

Quote Originally Posted by JakLee7 View Post
    well my FvS is usually more than welcomed in TOD, though to be fair I haven't run it for a bit... I guess it depends on the person playing it..
    nothing wrong with a favoured soul, its the person playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Reading the OP plus other responses, and really knowing nothing more than what is posted here,

Yes it was unfortunate, one of the main reasons though the leader didnt want to take them again was the first thing they said to him was to blame the other healer. Well according to him.

Thanks for the rest of your post, was logical, and well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    nothing wrong with a favoured soul, its the person playing it.
    Hey, what you tryin to say Nat?
    LOL!
    - my reputation says nuetral, my character sheet says Chaotic Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kominalito View Post
    if grief for you is a few minutes of a pumpkinheaded player in a videogame, you must live in a palace of naked women made of chocolate and money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12