Community Member

Default Can a developer confirm if Risia icy burst can be added to crafted weapons?

Unfortunately this is not something we can test, hence the need for a developer response. Need to know if it's worthwhile crafting certain items, since if Risia icy burst can't be added to them I'd rather just wait till I find a random set. Might also create ALOT of confusion if both crafted and random items are sold in the AH, yet only random allows for risia. How would you ever know which one you are picking up in the AH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Unfortunately this is not something we can test, hence the need for a developer response. Need to know if it's worthwhile crafting certain items, since if Risia icy burst can't be added to them I'd rather just wait till I find a random set. Might also create ALOT of confusion if both crafted and random items are sold in the AH, yet only random allows for risia. How would you ever know which one you are picking up in the AH?
    aren't all the created items BTC?
    that would eliminate the confusion
    Move along , Nothing to see here

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    aren't all the created items BTC?
    that would eliminate the confusion
    From what I've heard, only the lowbie stuff is BtC. The higher level stuff (the ones that take really high levels to make) are not bound and can be traded/sold amongst other players.

My suspicion, however, is that since you are modifying a random-generated to have specific properties, it will no longer be treated as random-generated.
    Last edited by Ziindarax; 04-02-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

right now, all crafted items are bound iirc.

all crafted items have the "craftable" tag on them, that should let you know that they're crafted as opposed to found.

haven't checked if risia is on in lammania, but there's rudolph winter wolfs and festivult is running, so it's possible it actually is going right now :P

One notable aspect regarding this is the screenshot in the Life-Stealing topic.

The rapier has the silver border of random-generated items, not the gold one of special/named stuff. It is likely that you can Risia-enchant the final products, which makes sense as you have to use rand-gen stuff in the first place to craft.