Thread: Create Undead

Default Create Undead

Did anyone test the reworked Create Undead spell and list what the 3 different undead can do?

Looks like they are all lvl 12 creatures, last for 10 minutes now like the other summon monster spells and can be healed by my PM Aura.

The Wraith can stun from time to time and the Lich can Stun and Fear from what i have noticed so far.

Did anyone do a more thorough testing?
    Last edited by Firewall; 04-01-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Community Member

I hope they aren't too powerfull, so I can still exploit my torc/con op mana batteries... errr...
    Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegin View Post
    I hope they aren't too powerfull, so I can still exploit my torc/con op mana batteries... errr...
    They will not brake from your will anymore. So bye bye free SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    Did anyone test the reworked Create Undead spell and list what the 3 different undead can do?

Looks like they are all lvl 12 creatures, last for 10 minutes now like the other summon monster spells and can be healed by my PM Aura.

The Wraith can stun from time to time and the Lich can Stun and Fear from what i have noticed so far.

Did anyone do a more thorough testing?
    A little. Overall observation (if Dev can confirm if this is Bug or Wai)
    • They are not brake free anymore
    • Coldown still 10 min.
    • Replace normal summon
    • They are all stealth.

• Wight priest: Low HP, die quick... Very quick. Cast onself: Prayer, True seeing. On enemies: Cometfall, Flamestrike. The worst from them
    • Dread wraith: Nice HP, but like all other wraith die quick in firewall. This one could be very useful if not: Wraith's Lingering Touch spell that he cast on moob. With moobs death this spell create hostile wraith. And the fight is much more longer. Constant See invisibility and sometimes stunt (Stuning Blow)
    • Mummy lord: The only useful summon from that spell: Nice HP, Nice spells. Buff you and self: Protection on Fire, Spell Resistance. Damaging spells: Despair, Soundblast, Cometfall and some more (blind, curse)

Overall this is still pretty useless spell. Only because we can't have normal summon and create undead at once. Coldown is 10 min, and require additional component (Black Onyx). And only Mummy lord is nice option from there.

When they change it that we can use normal summon and create undead at the same time, that spell will be very useful. Even with 10 min coldown.

If not? Well... The will be no place for additional spell component in my inventory.
    Last edited by Requiro; 04-05-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Community Member

Thanks for testing it Requiro

The Dead Wraiths Lingerings Touch seems to be the same thing the Umbral Worg had when it got added to the Monster Summon V table. Pre Update 8 it created Umbral worgs that attacked you as well, got fixed with U8.

So its safe to assume the Lingering Touch is not WAI. I'd say bug report it.

I agree, I cant see a real reason why the new Create Undead now replaces the normal Summon Monster. This again makes the spell useless, as it eats up its own (more expensive) spell component and is still worse than a Elder Air Ele or a Hezrou.

Sure a level 6 spell shouldnt create something more or similar powerful than a Summon Monster IX, but as long as it needs a special component it shouldnt replace the normal summon. It makes the spell... well useless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    This...was literally the only purpose this spell served. Well ****. :/ I'll find another way.
    Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanulsReturn View Post

I agree, I cant see a real reason why the new Create Undead now replaces the normal Summon Monster. This again makes the spell useless, as it eats up its own (more expensive) spell component and is still worse than a Elder Air Ele or a Hezrou.

Sure a level 6 spell shouldnt create something more or similar powerful than a Summon Monster IX, but as long as it needs a special component it shouldnt replace the normal summon. It makes the spell... well useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TanulsReturn View Post

The Dead Wraiths Lingerings Touch seems to be the same thing the Umbral Worg had when it got added to the Monster Summon V table. Pre Update 8 it created Umbral worgs that attacked you as well, got fixed with U8.

So its safe to assume the Lingering Touch is not WAI. I'd say bug report it.

I was reported it, as a bug.

So if Devs can confirm what from this list is WAI and what is BUG:

• Coldown is 10 min.
    • Replace normal summon
    I'm not native speaker

I was reported it, as a bug.

So if Devs can confirm what from this list is WAI and what is BUG:

• Coldown is 10 min.
    • Replace normal summon
    The cooldown for create undead should be 18 seconds for wizards, 12 seconds for sorcerors.

They should no longer break free, and they do replace your normal summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    That being the case, any particular potential boosts for PM? The master side still seems a bit... lacking, for the ap tradeoff. Say, a couple extra CR/tier, perhaps, or would that be pushing it?

Thank you for respond

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The cooldown for create undead should be 18 seconds for wizards, 12 seconds for sorcerors.

Cooldown 18 / 12 sec -

No longer break free -

Replace normal summon - ... ...

I'm sorry to say but I'm not happy with this change
    This is only more costly another summon spell.

I hope that you consider little improvement for PaleMasters (Tier 2) that they can have both: normal summon and create undead.
    I'm not native speaker

Community Member

Can you now use greater dispell to force them to break free like you can with some other summons?

Tested with augmented summons. Mummy pretty much rocks, was able to last a good fight with flensers, and even a beholder before he got killed. Curses regularly as well. The other 2 even when buffed didn't last very long. Will try and post more info later. Time for class.

Community Member

Can I propose adding Animate Undead and Create Greater Undead?

And then, in addition to that give bonuses to all Undead summoning spells based on Palemaster ranks?

Thus they would continue to be slightly weaker than regular summons except in the hands of Palemasters.

Now how am I supposed to kill AFK party members?
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

allow break enchantment on them?

I hope that you consider little improvement for PaleMasters (Tier 2) that they can have both: normal summon and create undead.
    the pale master summon doesn't take up the normal summon slot. so get a normal summon, and a pale master summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    the pale master summon doesn't take up the normal summon slot. so get a normal summon, and a pale master summon.
    I know that

But: Create Undead spell are "natural" spell for Pale Master. And we should get this spell for free (like in original DnD rules. (3.5) – Tome and Blood book)

But we won't.

That why I suggest that little improvement to Pale Masters.

BTW: With new enhancements line in U9 you probably don't see any more PM summons (too high AP cost).

EDIT: So other idea: allow PaleMaster to summon Create Undead spell in the place of his PM summon. That will solved AP cost for PM summons
    Last edited by Requiro; 04-06-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    I'm not native speaker

Community Member

BTW: With new enhancements line in U9 you probably don't see any more PM summons (too high AP cost).
    Have to agree here - requiring Flame Manipulation 3 and Frost Manipulation 3 (6 APs) in top of needing to purchase all previous skeletons which are completely useless against the basic trash mobs in the new quests on normal is laughable.

When I respected my PM on Lammania I only took the basic tier 1 of acid fire and cold spell lines (9 APs) and the shrouds (except wraith) but was only able to squeeze in enough APs to obtain a blackbone knight. He was so useless he died in a couple of rounds even while within my aura.

As a PM I didn't want to spec in fire or cold but these "pets" force it upon you.

My recommendation would be to either remove the elemental requirements (reducing the unnecessary cost) or remove the requirement for having the previous tier skeleton.

The second way allows PMs to re-spec at each tier - a level 2 PM will likely spec fire and go with blackbones, while a level 3 PM will drop fire for cold to use frostmarrows.

I like the idea of a PM with augment summoning and multiple summons. But right now at this high cost, the flavor over power and efficiency (and lets face it summons have never really been a contender for either) just makes these enhancements worthless