Default Shield of Condemnation working as intended?

I'm noticing that the Holy effect of my weapon is increasing, when the bad guy gets the shield effect applied. As well as the lantern Archon damage increases.

If so, that with the boosted damage from the Archon and the Favored Soul DPS just got a HUGE boost with out casting a spell.

Sounds like it matches the description in the Release notes, so WAI, I'd think. Both Light and alignment-based damages are supposed to be amped by the shield.

What would you estimate the proc rate on the shield to be? That's really what determines how powerful the ability will be in practice.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    Sounds like it matches the description in the Release notes, so WAI, I'd think. Both Light and alignment-based damages are supposed to be amped by the shield.

What would you estimate the proc rate on the shield to be? That's really what determines how powerful the ability will be in practice.
    ~10% from my experience. Was proccing so rarely that I only got a stacking Shield once.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    ~10% from my experience. Was proccing so rarely that I only got a stacking Shield once.
    was that because everything was getting killed first, or because it ran out?

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    Ran out. The Shield only lasts for 20 seconds, and even letting monsters just beat on my FvS, I was only getting the Shield to show up sporadicly.

Takai-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    A combination of both on me, depends on the mob. The Taken were going down too fast with my archon adding damage running around the perimeter of the blade barrier.

My holy damage was critting for 100+. I don't know if it was multiple activation of the shield effect or what.
    Last edited by hu-flung-pu; 03-28-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hu-flung-pu View Post
    My holy burst damage was critting for 100+. I don't know if it was multiple activation of the shield effect or what.
    It's possible the shield isn't stacking the way it should, like the issue with the Savants' curses.

i.e., two procs should make the multiplier 1.2 + 0.2 = 1.4, but may instead be going 1.2 +1.2 = 2.4.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    It's possible the shield isn't stacking the way it should, like the issue with the Savants' curses.

i.e., two procs should make the multiplier 1.2 + 0.2 = 1.4, but may instead be going 1.2 +1.2 = 2.4.
    Considering it's using the same tech, it's entirely possible it isn't stacking correctly. Unfortunately it's hard to verify since the player doesn't have any control over the shield.

Takai-