Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by crazydamage View Post
    Sounds like someone didnt stack 6 festival daggers for unlimited free maximize like I told him to.
    Festival Daggers only grant lesser maximize with a ML 20 - won't work from level 1-19.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamax View Post
    I think the point they are trying to make is to turn Maqx/Empower off, and do more efficient damage to SP spent ratios.

Problem is, mobs have so many freaking HP that I cannot survive hitting it with 19 polar rays to kill it. I NEED max/empower on to kill it faster. Otherwise I'm dead. Or bored from kiting it anyway.
    Welcome to Update 9

Where things about Arcane's are going to change. (this has all been talked about before) You will have to change your tactics and perhaps even your entire build! and maybe, get a group.

(Did you honestly miss all the other topics about this change?)
    Last edited by Ungood; 03-28-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Meta's need to be % based, and then each meta needs to stack with others additively.

E.g. (numbers and metamagics conjured out of thin air for demonstrative purposes) Extend +50%, Maximise +100%, Eschew Components +15%

Turn all three on and it costs you +165% of the spell base cost.

Concept: simple and easy to work out.
    Ease of coding: I have no freakin' idea. But I'd rather see this than things like extend and enlarge being arbitrarily switched off on spells that they logically should apply to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member EstrellaStarlit's Avatar

Default Metamagic feats need a review

I totally agree: metamagic feat are becoming so weak that no one is going to use them any more, I suppose.
    I take in example my cleric that uses empower healing and the enhancements to reduce that feat cost. Instead of using a single healing spell empowered (150% effect), it's much more better using 2 or even 3 spells (for 200/300% effect) at the same cost.
    They need a re-balancing too, maybe reducing their cost, maybe using a variable cost based on spell used... =(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12