Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    If you check the original post, I stated this was casting with a 42 enchantment dc.
    My bad. Missed that. You'd think I learn my lesson about posting before I had coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    If a barbarian is killing an epic mob in 3 hits, there really isn't much need for cc. Sure, you can cast a hypno which breaks before its cool down timer refreshes, and you can throw all of the holds and dancing balls your heart desires.
    That is assuming there was not some "look at me" involved in the post in question; either way he was talking about a stunned mob. My point being if it takes melees but a few swings to dispatch of a helpless mobs cooldown timers should be irrelevant.

Gathering a group of mobs, hitting them with /a/ CC spell and a 1 sp Hypno should be all it takes for melees to beat the lot of them into submission or a damage specced caster to explode them and in either case prevent any of them taking much damage. It's still going to be effective.

Toons that can achieve a DC high enough to pull it will be more limited though since it requires lot more grind getting gear, potential TRs and sacrifices in other areas. What I am saying is that those CC specced casters that do manage to achieve a working DC will still have their place in epics.

Where I do agree is that groups likely no longer will be reliant on them due to the combination of limited supply and being able to manage without them.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

What does the change mean for solo'ing in epics? Will it be easier now for melee to solo epics?

Community Member

Cleric in Wiz King Epic:

Things of note:

1. Mobs seem to have a faster movement speed. It was much more difficult to kite through BB and avoid damage.

2. Mobs are hitting harder. Had to self heal much more than previously.

3. Destruction works on gnolls! Nice damage when they make their saves (>200 damage).

4. Undeath to death works!

5. Implosion works!!

6. Decreased casting animation time means BB gets cast MUCH sooner, making multi-layered BB much easier to do on the fly. Interesting.

7. Combat: vorpaling mobs works nicely. Limbchop is also working well. All clerics need Unkors Cleaver!

Using epic wiz king as an example - it seems that there will need to be some pretty significant adjustment to overall tactics. Its a new game again, I guess!

Vallin.
    Last edited by Vallin; 03-28-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: forgot implosion!!

Community Member

Just because you got lucky and crit 3 times in a row with your OP stacked multiplier shows nothing about about the general HP of epic monsters.

What it might show is that your crit damage stacks too high and could use a nerfing though..

Quote Originally Posted by Kilarthia View Post
    Just because you got lucky and crit 3 times in a row with your OP stacked multiplier shows nothing about about the general HP of epic monsters.
    I thought it pretty clearly demonstrated the mob hit points were reduced by a large percentage.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234