Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savant tod sets

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    maybe it's just me, but i find myself struggling to care whether i have wizardry VI or archmage on the belt. because quite frankly, i've got archmage in enough places that i don't even keep track of them all any more. this would only be important to me if there were enough different item abilities available to arcanes that getting more than one arcane item weren't likely to mean you've got overlapping bonuses. i'll grant that the messed-up rings, with two different exceptional stat bonuses, are a bit of a nuisance though.
    Maybe actually read the thread I linked before quoting it and replying with something irrelevant.

The topic is about the fact the +crit chance/multipliers are useless. The wizardry doesn't concern me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Maybe actually read the thread I linked before quoting it and replying with something irrelevant.

The topic is about the fact the +crit chance/multipliers are useless. The wizardry doesn't concern me either.
    actually now the topic is about how the set is a considerable damage upgrade that we'll wear for no reason but that and hopefully they could otherwise make the item wearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The Savant rings will be granting a bonus to maximum caster level for the appropriate flavor spells.
    Too bad they didn't give additional DC's to Evocation after getting a third tier of Savant! +2 or +3 to Evocation.

Cause it seemed to me that high reflex mobs are evading easily on reflex type spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone View Post
    Too bad they didn't give additional DC's to Evocation after getting a third tier of Savant! +2 or +3 to Evocation.

Cause it seemed to me that high reflex mobs are evading easily on reflex type spells.
    Some Savants would want Evocation, some (Acid in particular) would want Conjuration.

I'm happy with damage dice cap increases. It lets your damage keep scaling up with gear. And every savant has access to one of the 'stack three times' DoT's for high-HP evasive types.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

ok, i'll phrase it another way:

whatever else they put on the rings, i most likely will already have elsewhere in one or more slots. i don't much care what else they put on it; at this point, i've grown accustomed to wearing stuff with 2-3 useless abilities and one ability that i actually need as far as caster gear is concerned.

Hopefully they make the savant sets increase the max caster level of your spells by 3 or more (though I doubt it). Right now it just seems silly that they decided that tier 3 increases the caster lvl of your spells by 6, but the max caster lvl is only increased by 3.

That just doesn't make sense at all unless the damage dice of most spells is already initially capped at 25 or something. Why would you increase the max less? If anything, you should increase the max by 6, and the actual caster lvl by 3, so that the evocation caster lvl bonus from the epic abishai set will actually be useful.
    Nuckaholic20 WF Sorc | Nuckoholic20 Human KOTC Pally | Nucka20 WF FVS | Ghallanda ReRolled

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckoholic View Post
    Hopefully they make the savant sets increase the max caster level of your spells by 3 or more (though I doubt it). Right now it just seems silly that they decided that tier 3 increases the caster lvl of your spells by 6, but the max caster lvl is only increased by 3.

That just doesn't make sense at all unless the damage dice of most spells is already initially capped at 25 or something. Why would you increase the max less? If anything, you should increase the max by 6, and the actual caster lvl by 3, so that the evocation caster lvl bonus from the epic abishai set will actually be useful.
    My guess is that a few of those bonuses are there so you couuld make an 18/2 sorc and only lose the capstone damage and not also lose damage dice, though splashed sorcs are notoriously terrible and no one will make em anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    My guess is that a few of those bonuses are there so you couuld make an 18/2 sorc and only lose the capstone damage and not also lose damage dice, though splashed sorcs are notoriously terrible and no one will make em anyway.
    Who do you think will be the first to test if SLAs can be used while Madstoned?

Uggh, Tod rings. So poorly designed, even a caveman could do it. I know game design isn't easy, but they're a pretty obvious standout in that they only come in two flavors: awesome and absolutely terrible.

A complete remake of most of the TOD sets would be a compelling way to refresh some older content with a small amount of developer effort. Add to that an increase in drop rates or some means of improving our chances, I personally have a character with 60 or so TOD runs under his belt but only one of his two "final" rings. Roughly 60 hours of play including wait times. Does that seem a reasonable time / reward ratio?

I know it's not the focus of this update, but is there any chance the bard ToD sets also got an update? They are really bad right now.

Eladrin already said they increase caster level:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...08&postcount=9

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    Eladrin already said they increase caster level:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...08&postcount=9
    he was asking about the *bard* sets.

we haven't heard anything specific, but i doubt it... ToD rings tend to get updated when tier 3 of the related PrE comes out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12