Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    i am extremely apprehensive about shroud of the Vampire, even though i am a pale master

enchantment, as we know, is the most important and most likely archmage focus.

if pale masters are made to have +2 enchantment bonus, then they will equal archmages in standing DC, while being able to drink yugoloth potions with no increased danger. Archmages rarely trade 5% mass hold for 50% critical hits.

So the benefits of pale master will extend to- HP, Self Healing, More DC
    while the benefits of archmage are- SP

i believe pale master will be directly superior to archmage if this change goes through.
    This was already the case.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowborne View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there are any changes to the Pale Master auras, such as extend?

And the Buccaneers Ring..really? I have to go farm it again to get the +5 protection? *shoots self for taking the ring to the highest tier already*
    They REALLY need to change their minds about the Protection +5 as it is truly sad they wont just put Protection +5 on the existing rings!

If you are going to fix the Dex descriptions, who in the world not just fix the Protection +5 - or at the least allow us to 'fix' it in the Stone of Change or something...

Barumar

About the golems, the PnP versions were 'immune to spells and SLAs that allow spell resistance'.
    They basically have infinite spell resistance but can be hurt with direct damage, so the change removes a blanket immunity.
    Unless they are also immune to the used energy type, which vary from golem to golem.

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    About the golems, the PnP versions were 'immune to spells and SLAs that allow spell resistance'.
    They basically have infinite spell resistance but can be hurt with direct damage, so the change removes a blanket immunity.
    Unless they are also immune to the used energy type, which vary from golem to golem.
    most PnP damage spells are also subject to spell resistance.

Default Sheilds and DR

ok so ive been testing on my intimi who has on live a shield blocking dr of 42 and 6 from stalwart who blocks 48 damage reliably

i go onto lamania and they have changed the first feat and it says i should be 20%

all ive noticed to be different is now i have a shield blocking dr of 39 and 6 stalwart for a total of 45 reliably tested in the pheinix tavern

please explain and tell me you didnt just take 3 dr from a feat to make it do nothing

how do i test that is working???i see nothing in my combat log about it

the person hitting me on lama was hitting for an high of 51 base and i was blocking 45
    and ide take 6 damage from those hits....how do i test that hes loosing 20% before my dr?

i started a thread on this and now see this thread so i figured ide it it here
    Last edited by Tarnoc; 03-27-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnoc View Post
    ok so ive been testing on my intimi who has on live a shield blocking dr of 42 and 6 from stalwart who blocks 48 damage reliably

i go onto lamania and they have changed the first feat and it says i should be 20%

all ive noticed to be different is now i have a shield blocking dr of 39 and 6 stalwart for a total of 45 reliably tested in the pheinix tavern

please explain and tell me you didnt just take 3 dr from a feat to make it do nothing

how do i test that is working???i see nothing in my combat log about it

the person hitting me on lama was hitting for an high of 51 base and i was blocking 45
    and ide take 6 damage from those hits....how do i test that hes loosing 20% before my dr?

i started a thread on this and now see this thread so i figured ide it it here
    find someone with a shuriken

since the shuriken has extremely low damage variance, you can pretty much just take the base value and figure out what he should be rolling. this should be even easier, since you have heavy fort, so no crits to worry about.

on a side note, i don't see anything that restricts the 20% to when you are blocking...

@ others: anyone had a chance to pick up the new arcane spells (the electric and cold DoT) and see if they're single target? i'm guessing yes, but if it is AOE... wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    find someone with a shuriken

since the shuriken has extremely low damage variance, you can pretty much just take the base value and figure out what he should be rolling. this should be even easier, since you have heavy fort, so no crits to worry about.

on a side note, i don't see anything that restricts the 20% to when you are blocking...

@ others: anyone had a chance to pick up the new arcane spells (the electric and cold DoT) and see if they're single target? i'm guessing yes, but if it is AOE... wow...
    ok im not seeing how a shureken would acomplish this as anything less then 45 damage just says in my combat log .......0 damage x blocked by dr....x being the damage of the hit

Hypnotism's nerf is scary, as is Discoball losing Extend (Discoball is, IMO, the only spell truly important to extend that is losing Extend; a lot of spells such as Slow are actually significantly better now that having Extend on when you cast them no longer burns SP).

When conserving SP on my Archmage, I frequently go ahead of the party, throw a Hypnotism, then Resistable Dance mobs that are mesmerized (especially effective on epic Devil Assault trash). This tactic will no longer be nearly as effective.

I believe Epic Devil Assault will be extraordinarily difficult post-U9. I look forward to the challenge.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnoc View Post
    ok im not seeing how a shureken would acomplish this as anything less then 45 damage just says in my combat log .......0 damage x blocked by dr....x being the damage of the hit
    use a crappier shield so you don't have 45 DR.

and again, it doesn't specify you have to be shield blocking. try it without shield blocking (if nothing else, you may determine if shield blocking is needed)

create a new character on lammania with veteran status. take the feat. test it. if it works for a level 4 fighter with a tower shield, odds are good it also works for a level 20 fighter with a tower shield.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Hypnotism's nerf is scary, as is Discoball losing Extend (Discoball is, IMO, the only spell truly important to extend that is losing Extend; a lot of spells such as Slow are actually significantly better now that having Extend on when you cast them no longer burns SP).

When conserving SP on my Archmage, I frequently go ahead of the party, throw a Hypnotism, then Resistable Dance mobs that are mesmerized (especially effective on epic Devil Assault trash). This tactic will no longer be nearly as effective.

I believe Epic Devil Assault will be extraordinarily difficult post-U9. I look forward to the challenge.
    To the OP: most of your cost concerns are in the end of the description for the necro forms. And if you meant AP: 1 most likely.

I like the shield mastery info.

I thinkt he spell changes are a great boon for my unorthadox playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    To the OP: most of your cost concerns are in the end of the description for the necro forms. And if you meant AP: 1 most likely.
    I meant AP. Lich form, currently is 2 AP, as is wraith (I believe). Zombie was listed explicitly as 1 AP. If I read the cost for Vampire, or any recosting for the other, I can't recall them.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12