View Poll Results: Which of these iconic villains is your favorite?

Voters
1156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beholder Knizzlenak (Delerium)

318 27.51%
  • Red Dragon Velah (Vault of Night)

838 72.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You're an awesome Beholder, but not much tops Velah.

And yes, Cydonie is a blue dragon, and formerly one of Velah's protogées. You can read part of her and Velah's backstory here.

Also, Velah shows that alignment is fluid in Eberron. While a red dragon, normally always chaotic evil in other settings, she was working toward saving the world. She just did not care much for the mortal world, only her own.

A mad beholder with a puzzle fetish decides to take on a red dragon, after wickedly burning Coyle?
    Yeah, he definitely gets my vote. Go on, play Delerium again and tell me you don't love this guy.

Community Member

Poor beholder. He's at the end of a joyous bit of quest design. Delirium is funny and clever. But the dragon! Who can forget that first time in the vault as she rises up, with the music. I made a bard because of her. I still use it to do the same thing, and it is still sometimes challenging and fun. Very male voice, but I suppose gender is different for lizards.
    It's a game. GAME! Only a game. say it with me now - GAME. There. That's better.

Loyalty says Velah. If Turbine still had it so you can be shot by beholder spells across the map, in another instance on another server and still die from them spamming their disinigrate and death spells then yea, I'd be down. Since they don't anymore, Velah my very first raid with raid loot gets my vote. Too bad VoN wasn't the first raid in the game...only the third... (Irestone, Tempest Spine)
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I almost feel sorry for monsters that come up against Dragons...
    Right?!

Community Member CrimsonSpectre's Avatar

It's a losing battle, but Knizzlenak makes me smile in a way Velah never does.

Community Member

I have not yet had the honor of going through the Vault arch yet, so I do not know first-hand of Velah's might and presence. I have fought dragons before, however, (go Mired in Kobolds!) and do have a healthy respect for their strength, power, and having a good cleric at your back when tanking.

That being said, to me, Knizzlenak wins hands down. I know he's going to lose in a popularity contest with dragons; there are just way too many fanboys/girls that think dragons are the end-all, beat-all of all monsters. But I just love him, his personality, how mean he can get when he is fighting - and that you can distract him by setting up a puzzle. The beholder can kick back even in the middle of battle, relax a little, and have some fun solving a puzzle. And his comments are always amusing and laugh-worthy. And that's what a game is all about, having fun and enjoying yourself.

Talking

i Vote Velah..If only because I tripped her accidentily... and it was awesome.
    JOIN THE 101ST GIANTHOLD AIRBORNE : WHERE FLYING THROUGH THE AIR IS NOT ALWAYS BY CHOICE.

Kobald want to run...but..cookies!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12