Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Please do NOT bring back C cove

Do NOT bring back C cove. Game is WAY too easy as it is. If you think otherwise, i hear facebook has some nice little games you might be able to handle. Nuff said
    Darcc/Darcbane/Darcjustice/Darcslayer/Darcsoul/Bloodsaif/Discipled/Gripfast/Soulrise/Soulwater/Windseeker

Good idea Darc, let's get a Facebook version of crystal cove!

/signed.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I vote we bring back Crystal Cove for twice as long, with a note that says "with love and adoration for robdrew"

If you want to play a hard game, go play EQ.

Complaining that this game is easy is soooo 2009.

Whats the substitute for the cove? A just as easy but longer time sync grind fest that consumes alot more time, but isnt really any more challenging than the cove.

If we want more of a challenge, make melee mobs attack at the same rate for the same damage as player characters can, and give caster mobs all the same feats player characters use. Give them all of the same options players have. 100% fort, 50% miss chance, gear that absorbs 30% of certain types of damage, etc.
    Last edited by Chai; 03-03-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

Whats the substitute for the cove? A just as easy but longer time sync grind fest that consumes alot more time, but isnt really any more challenging than the cove.
    This.
    Officer of Renowned

/not signed

I found the Crystal Cove quest to be fun and quite entertaining. The Kobol wer helarious and the requirement for teamwork and coordination was an added breath of fresh air. One could argue that the Items were to good for the effort involved, but I say so what. One persons character haveing nice loot does not inpinge on my character in any way. Then again it isn't a "keeping up with the Jones's" thing for me sooooo YMMV.

Not signed.

The event was fun, had all the great elements of DDO's puzzle solving and teamwork, and had awesome voice acting from the kobolds.

The cove's crafting system was quite an improvement and the customizability of hats is incredibly useful to many builds once epic gear is considered. I hope we'll see more customizability like this but PLEASE use existing things as components instead of adding yet more ingredients!

The easier grind for certain pieces of epic gear some of which are temporary until better gear can be gotten MONTHS down the line helps make characters from less uber guilds more capable in epic questing.

The visual look of Calvalry Plate is hideous and Turbine should be ashamed of such a blatant attempt to sell armor kits. Make it decent looking at least so I don't have to look at other people wearing it! (Particularly dorfs.) UGH!
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default Celebrate

While I think it was a great party and awesome celebration of five great years, I would not want it to come back either. Those items should be unique to the people thay where here and the plat as well.... Everyone else missed the party.... Maybe change the quest a tad and put chests in it with no pirate bounty (loot) and add it to the next update... But the named loot should be gone...
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Bring back the Cove. Tweak the loot. Chase Kobolds while saying "Yarrrr".
    \x/es
    Torgomund 17/1 Rngr/Rog . . Thundorf 16/2/2 Bard/Ftr/Barb . . Zarron 10/2 Wiz/Rog
    RIP Class Forums 3/9/2011

i heard its coming back by end march
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Here's the obligatory "but it's causing hyperinflation and ruining the economy!" response

i agree the plat whining is getting old lets whine about the epic loot again mutch more entertaining
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    i agree the plat whining is getting old lets whine about the epic loot again mutch more entertaining
    Yes, exactly!!!

Just when we got used to people moaning about how it wasnt fair that they had to live in moms basement for 18 months to farm epic loot, because it became possible to farm similar items in a few hours, everyone suddenly becaomes an overnight crack MMO economist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

I really enjoyed CC...

I got stuff.. I ran around.. I played and it was fun.

After a while it got a bit dull but hey...

...when was the last time anyone ran ww for 6 days?
    Begbie TY Cauthey

Community Member

/ not signed

I enjoyed CC and hope it comes back again.
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Community Member Talltale-Storyteller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Not signed.

The event was fun, had all the great elements of DDO's puzzle solving and teamwork, and had awesome voice acting from the kobolds.

The cove's crafting system was quite an improvement and the customizability of hats is incredibly useful to many builds once epic gear is considered. I hope we'll see more customizability like this but PLEASE use existing things as components instead of adding yet more ingredients!

The easier grind for certain pieces of epic gear some of which are temporary until better gear can be gotten MONTHS down the line helps make characters from less uber guilds more capable in epic questing.

The visual look of Calvalry Plate is hideous and Turbine should be ashamed of such a blatant attempt to sell armor kits. Make it decent looking at least so I don't have to look at other people wearing it! (Particularly dorfs.) UGH!
    I agreed with everything said here. ^
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

If we want more of a challenge, make melee mobs attack at the same rate for the same damage as player characters can, and give caster mobs all the same feats player characters use. Give them all of the same options players have. 100% fort, 50% miss chance, gear that absorbs 30% of certain types of damage, etc.
    didnt ask for ideas..just said game is easy...no reason to make it even EASIER...oh and the word challenging and cove should never be used in the same sentence
    Darcc/Darcbane/Darcjustice/Darcslayer/Darcsoul/Bloodsaif/Discipled/Gripfast/Soulrise/Soulwater/Windseeker

If you don't like it, go do something else. Nobody forced you to hit the cove crack pipe.

I actually enjoyed cove, waaay better than the mabar stuff! It was fun and I got to meet some cool new people, not to mention filled in a few holes in my equipment list.
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    i heard its coming back by end march
    That'd be silly when you got talk like Pirate day September 19th! Now we can celebrate with more than just a sale on 2 cosmetic hats!

Dogan
    BTW please make the lucky hat cosmetic like the tricorne and tophat.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast