Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Please do NOT bring back C cove

Do NOT bring back C cove. Game is WAY too easy as it is. If you think otherwise, i hear facebook has some nice little games you might be able to handle. Nuff said
    Darcc/Darcbane/Darcjustice/Darcslayer/Darcsoul/Bloodsaif/Discipled/Gripfast/Soulrise/Soulwater/Windseeker

Good idea Darc, let's get a Facebook version of crystal cove!

/signed.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I vote we bring back Crystal Cove for twice as long, with a note that says "with love and adoration for robdrew"

If you want to play a hard game, go play EQ.

Complaining that this game is easy is soooo 2009.

Whats the substitute for the cove? A just as easy but longer time sync grind fest that consumes alot more time, but isnt really any more challenging than the cove.

If we want more of a challenge, make melee mobs attack at the same rate for the same damage as player characters can, and give caster mobs all the same feats player characters use. Give them all of the same options players have. 100% fort, 50% miss chance, gear that absorbs 30% of certain types of damage, etc.
    Last edited by Chai; 03-03-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

Whats the substitute for the cove? A just as easy but longer time sync grind fest that consumes alot more time, but isnt really any more challenging than the cove.
    This.
    Officer of Renowned

/not signed

I found the Crystal Cove quest to be fun and quite entertaining. The Kobol wer helarious and the requirement for teamwork and coordination was an added breath of fresh air. One could argue that the Items were to good for the effort involved, but I say so what. One persons character haveing nice loot does not inpinge on my character in any way. Then again it isn't a "keeping up with the Jones's" thing for me sooooo YMMV.

Not signed.

The event was fun, had all the great elements of DDO's puzzle solving and teamwork, and had awesome voice acting from the kobolds.

The cove's crafting system was quite an improvement and the customizability of hats is incredibly useful to many builds once epic gear is considered. I hope we'll see more customizability like this but PLEASE use existing things as components instead of adding yet more ingredients!

The easier grind for certain pieces of epic gear some of which are temporary until better gear can be gotten MONTHS down the line helps make characters from less uber guilds more capable in epic questing.

The visual look of Calvalry Plate is hideous and Turbine should be ashamed of such a blatant attempt to sell armor kits. Make it decent looking at least so I don't have to look at other people wearing it! (Particularly dorfs.) UGH!
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

If we want more of a challenge, make melee mobs attack at the same rate for the same damage as player characters can, and give caster mobs all the same feats player characters use. Give them all of the same options players have. 100% fort, 50% miss chance, gear that absorbs 30% of certain types of damage, etc.
    didnt ask for ideas..just said game is easy...no reason to make it even EASIER...oh and the word challenging and cove should never be used in the same sentence
    Darcc/Darcbane/Darcjustice/Darcslayer/Darcsoul/Bloodsaif/Discipled/Gripfast/Soulrise/Soulwater/Windseeker

If you don't like it, go do something else. Nobody forced you to hit the cove crack pipe.

I actually enjoyed cove, waaay better than the mabar stuff! It was fun and I got to meet some cool new people, not to mention filled in a few holes in my equipment list.
    Thelanis: Thingy Kortgat Banjocopter Meepmule Pinkleponk Bazonga
    ~ ArchAngels ~

Community Member

Default So,

Quote Originally Posted by robdrew View Post
    Do NOT bring back C cove. Game is WAY too easy as it is. If you think otherwise, i hear facebook has some nice little games you might be able to handle. Nuff said
    Your point is that they should not revisit content others liked, I enjoyed it a great deal, because you feel it makes the game easier for people who are not you?
    and you feel making things require more "rinse repeat" is the same as making them harder?

Interesting.

Just a suggestion; Go at level, elite only, permadeath. Solves all your issues without effect on others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TigrisMorte View Post
    Your point is that they should not revisit content others liked, I enjoyed it a great deal, because you feel it makes the game easier for people who are not you?
    and you feel making things require more "rinse repeat" is the same as making them harder?

Interesting.

Just a suggestion; Go at level, elite only, permadeath. Solves all your issues without effect on others.
    rolleyes huh,lol...where in my post did u see the words "rinse and repeat" :rolls eyes:...things that take longer DO make them harder tyvm,its called perseverance which is a difficult character trait to obtain btw...and i enjoyed the event as well but rewards def. were greater than the challenge....oh,An epic (from the Ancient Greek adjective ἐπικός (epikos), from ἔπος (epos) "word, story, poem"[1]) is a lengthy narrative poem, ordinarily concerning a serious subject containing details of heroic deeds and events significant to a culture or nation...so having linked that does any of it remind u of ANYTHING in CC...nuff said

rolleyes huh,lol...where in my post did u see the words "rinse and repeat" :rolls eyes:...things that take longer DO make them harder tyvm,its called perseverance which is a difficult character trait to obtain btw...and i enjoyed the event as well but rewards def. were greater than the challenge....oh,An epic (from the Ancient Greek adjective ἐπικός (epikos), from ἔπος (epos) "word, story, poem"[1]) is a lengthy narrative poem, ordinarily concerning a serious subject containing details of heroic deeds and events significant to a culture or nation...so having linked that does any of it remind u of ANYTHING in CC...nuff said
    Actually, that doesn't remind me of any Epic quests in DDO either. The epic quests are the same quest as it was on H/N/E, just that the bad guys have many more HP and blanket immunities. That doesn't make them harder quests (specially not Epic), it just makes them take longer. Ant that's only if your group actually plays the quest rather than finding the quickes way to bypass the majority of the the quest and go streight to the end fight. Yeah, skipping 90% of a quest sure sounds epic to me.

Face it, the Epic quests in DDO are anything but epic. Harder, more of a time sink, does not equate to epic. Epic would be introduced if the goals of the quest were changed to be more grandious and far reaching, not just amping up the dificulty of the enemy. You want epic, look at the Baulders Gate series, you start out as a lowly apprentice and eventually have to decide weather to accept your heritage as the new God of Death or to turn you back on said heritage.
    Last edited by Drakos; 03-04-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Actually, that doesn't remind me of any Epic quests in DDO either. The epic quests are the same quest as it was on H/N/E, just that the bad guys have many more HP and blanket immunities. That doesn't make them harder quests (specially not Epic), it just makes them take longer. Ant that's only if your group actually plays the quest rather than finding the quickes way to bypass the majority of the the quest and go streight to the end fight. Yeah, skipping 90% of a quest sure sounds epic to me.

Face it, the Epic quests in DDO are anything but epic. Harder, more of a time sink, does not equate to epic. Epic would be introduced if the goals of the quest were changed to be more grandious and far reaching, not just amping up the dificulty of the enemy. You want epic, look at the Baulders Gate series, you start out as a lowly apprentice and eventually have to decide weather to accept your heritage as the new God of Death or to turn you back on said heritage.
    Sigh* another person missing the point...Story lines of the epics ARE grandious,just because we are used to VON being a level 10 quest doesnt mean the idea wasnt epic, Battling a massive red dragon in a extraplanar vault..umm stopping the demon queen...halting a devil invasion..epic tales followed by epic HP..um Demon queen has how many HP? please dont even try and compare CC with any of those...and do we have to become Gods to be qualified as Epic for u? Epics arnt perfect..but giving so called EPIC gear for CC is a joke and the dousing rod deal was even more laughable...point is lets make the game harder not easier..ty

Community Member

Default well,

"rinse and repeat" = grind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TigrisMorte View Post

Interesting.

Oh btw i am in a permadeath at level elite only guild..no twink also btw...guildname Alpha Elite come on down and join us some time

Community Member

A lot of those games on facebook are basically log in click the same button a lot of times then log out . As you think doing epics is some way hard . I would expect you to be very good at these facebook games as to be good at them means to log in regularly but dosent require any particular skill . Sound familiar ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmeerkat View Post
    A lot of those games on facebook are basically log in click the same button a lot of times then log out . As you think doing epics is some way hard . I would expect you to be very good at these facebook games as to be good at them means to log in regularly but dosent require any particular skill . Sound familiar ?
    1. Never said epic raids and quest are hard
    2. Pm or respond with your epic chrono tanks name so i can myddo to prove that EVERYTHING is easy for YOU
    3. Every responce ive read of yours seems to misinterpret what was said to fit your answer...
    333. Asking to not have such "events" as CC to be brought back was for the devs. Facebook comment can be taken however your concience allows it.

You think this was easy? Let's see you try loading gems into baskets on your back while a bunch of lame adventurers run around trying to collect stolen gems instead of providing the protection they were hired to provide. Easy ... I think not.

Signed: A unionized kobold miner

Community Member

Game is WAY too easy as it is.
    Explain why that's a problem.