Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    I've only just seen this ... AWESOME !!

I think you could drop the 2HF line, and you should fight S&B ... with a Lightning 2 dagger and wharfrat shield (though dual-wielding lightning II is a tasty option I agree) -- dagger because of the obvious underwater fighting goodness, and lightning cos it does the extra damage underwater, and purple numbers are good !!!

One level of fighter is bad .. a second level gets you +1 STR, which will help you swim better, and also an extra feat, that you could use in order to be able to afford Skill Focus: Swim with your current Feat choices.

Finally, you have neglected one all-important reason for your relatively high Charisma score -- it is very important to look good on the beach, how else do you expect the bikini babes to take you seriously as a Lifeguard ???!?
    I'm glad you liked it.

I'm considering getting a second level of fighter and going 17/2/1 since the loss of level 18 cleric is minimal at the current time. Plus, as you mention, more strength and an extra feat. I am probably going to drop the THF line because I really should have both Skill Focus and Athletic for this build.

Shortly after first making this character (who is, sadly, still only level 4--my poor neglected Swimclerik!), I was running Redwillow's Ruins on another character and received the Plate Armor of the Deep. Definitely seems like one of the more useless armors in the game (+13 Swim!...and a -10 to Swim from the armor check penalty) but there was no way I could NOT equip it for the time being.

And you have hit on another good reason for Charisma! Ladies, watch out for Swimclerik! He's still a youngin but he's already making waves!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    *Everybody* knows that the *BEST™* swim build in DDO is the classic “Aquaman” build! You can tell it’s DDO O.G. status because it’s named after a superhero!
    The Aquaman build may be the best swim build, but it surely isn't the best swimcleric build!

Quote Originally Posted by Maegin View Post
    reminds me of the doorstop paladin build
    The Swimcleric would be a good ally to the Doorstop Paladin, as the Doorstop Paladin is not suited to the ways of the water with his low strength, heavy armor, and tower shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Furare View Post
    I doubt a swimming barbarian would make a very good lifeguard - one cannot, after all, revive a drowning person by hitting them with an axe.
    I smell a lawsuit!
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)
    The Lifeguard: A Swimcleric build

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinbyrollup View Post
    The Swimcleric would be a good ally to the Doorstop Paladin, as the Doorstop Paladin is not suited to the ways of the water with his low strength, heavy armor, and tower shield.
    He is if you need a good anchor.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    Pure awesomeness

I wonder what a 78 swim will be able to do in water? Will you be faster swimming than running? LOL I hope you do build this and let us know

Oh and +1

I made my swim up to 82 on my ranger life and well... I swim faster than running with haste on, my swim animation is about 3 times as fast as a person with 0 swim skill.
    Khyber - Pilchards: Milfeulle (Completionist Sorc), Milreaf/Millefeuille/Mireiyu(20 drone Wiz), Eweca (20 Wiz at life 5)
    Sarlona - Black hands & Black feet: Misakamikoto (18/1/1 Ranger at life 3)

Someone needs to build "Paladin Defender of Siberys and Other Poor Swimmers".
    He could run along the beach in slow motion (defensive stance = 1/4 speed) and swim faster than a racing boat.
    Red shorts and bright orange shield compulsory.

Quote Originally Posted by Furare View Post
    I'm pretty sure a Lavadiver should have at least 5 levels of Favored Soul for the +10 stacking bonus to Fire Resistance. And maybe rogue or ranger levels for the Desert/Fire Trap Lore enhancements. I may need to think about this a little.
    http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/lavadiver/

lvl 19: 12 sorc FSavant 2, 5 FVS, 2 rogue.
    75 Fire resistance
    Fireshield, Firestorm Greaves, GS Fire absorption (not finished yet missing 20%).

Swimming in the lava crater of the Twelve, I take 0 to 2 fire damage, mostly 0 though.
    When I finish my GS Fire absorption, it will be closer to 0.
    Started playing the awesome game 07/19/2009

Default herewegoherewego

::::::ULTIMATE SWIMCLERIC CHALLENGE::::::

QUEST: Epic Into the Deep
    REQUIREMENTS: 6 Swimclerics, must save the drow, kill the scrag, and clear the entire outer map.

Must Be level 20, and have at least 60 ranks in swim.

::::::ENTER IF YOU DARE!!!::::::
    Last edited by doubledge; 08-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.

to be honest.... this build doesnt seem so bad! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by joueur View Post
    http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/lavadiver/

lvl 19: 12 sorc FSavant 2, 5 FVS, 2 rogue.
    75 Fire resistance
    Fireshield, Firestorm Greaves, GS Fire absorption (not finished yet missing 20%).

Swimming in the lava crater of the Twelve, I take 0 to 2 fire damage, mostly 0 though.
    When I finish my GS Fire absorption, it will be closer to 0.
    How'd you get to 75!!! My Pally gets to 49 Fire Resistance:

15 GS Radiance Guard Inherent Fire Resist Bracers
    30 Cast Fire resist
    2 Past Life Ranger
    2 Enhancement (2 Monk splash, Clever Monkey I)
    ----
    49 + Firestorm Greaves + Fire Shield Cold (but those don't show up on character sheet)
    If I had Red Dragon Scale Robe I'd have another 10.

I take about 7-10 fire dmg in ToD lava fight and I thoroughly enjoy dominating stealer of souls fire part.

Back to swim, this character's 1st life as a Ranger I maxed ranks in swim just so I could own the Crucible swim part!!!
    Lyandiir Arrowfel, Bullhorn, Premier, Bro. Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    How'd you get to 75!!! My Pally gets to 49 Fire Resistance:
    Looking at the levels, what I can guess...

Fire Savant, 40 point Fire Resistance
    10 Inherent from 5 FvS
    15 Exceptional GS
    2 Rogue Fire Lore?
    No past life, it's a Champion

That's all I could guess, at 67. He might not have the Rogue Fire Lore enhancement and have an additional source of 10 from somewhere. Still, nice Fire Resistance
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)

Looking at the levels, what I can guess...

Fire Savant, 40 point Fire Resistance
    10 Inherent from 5 FvS
    15 Exceptional GS
    2 Rogue Fire Lore?
    No past life, it's a Champion

That's all I could guess, at 67. He might not have the Rogue Fire Lore enhancement and have an additional source of 10 from somewhere. Still, nice Fire Resistance
    I don't have a Sorc so I didn't know about the extra stacking Fire Resist from the Fire Savant. I was impressed with my 49 Fire Resist + Firestorm Greaves + Fire Shield. Now it seems I'm lagging behind!

Oh well, back to Aquaman!
    Lyandiir Arrowfel, Bullhorn, Premier, Bro. Ghallanda

Community Member Superspeed_Hi5's Avatar

I was thinking about this very question, although more in relation to my male swimcleric. It occurs to me that a swimcleric should never be wearing heavy armor, but even robes and outfits are too interfering. So yes, a swimcleric should always be in his or her undergarments. However, a few of the armor kits might provide a suitable suit for swimming. There is one in particular that makes the female characters look rather like belly dancers when used on...a robe, I think, although maybe it's an outfit. You might want to look into that one; although the long, flowing pants may obstruct swimming, it is still mostly functional as a swimsuit for a dedicated swimcleric. I forget the name of the specific armor kit though.
    Im sorry but it has to be Epic Fullplate of the Deep for flavor.

...wrong topic
    Last edited by gavijal; 08-04-2011 at 04:57 AM.

My 2 cents:

This must be the single best topic forumwide

Community Member

In the crucible on elite last night... wondering why I wasn't a swim cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by csivils View Post
    In the crucible on elite last night... wondering why
    I've done that before.

>.>
    Maelyrra on Argonessen: Old-school MonkSoul (Elf Mnk2/FvS18/Epic 3)

Returning veteran ~ Casual player ~ Part-timer ~ Soloer

Community Member

This thread is full of win.
    White Fang (newbie-friendly build) - TWF melee dps with self-sufficiency and rogue skills.
    California King - the hagglebot craftbot alt build, pure Arty leveling with two-handed weapons.

Sadly, poor Swimclerik doesn't look like he's been seeing much action. Maybe spending his time hanging out at the beach?

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/swimclerik/

Yeah, he's working his way up the priority queue right now. I think he's either second, third, or fourth in line for some quality time and first-in-line is less than 100k from cap.

EDIT: Eek, first thing I'm doing when I get back to him is fixing some of that equipment. He used to have the Plate Armor of the Deep equipped (which, quite appropriately, dropped for one of my other characters right after creating Swimclerik), but I got a better Swim item so it had to go since it was bringing me down.
    Last edited by Iwinbyrollup; 08-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.

too much win... overloading...

Community Member

This build is both awesome and absolutely hilarious! I was thinking about this build when my cleric was doing Tomb of the Shadow Guard today and how much more epic it would have been if I were a Swimcleric. When using the heal skill, tell party members to 'go get an AED and come back!'. An alternative take to the build could be a heavy armor and helm cleric as a Holy Diver. Now if only there were spears in DDO...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast